Macross/Robotech Destroids, and other mecha

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by ThunderChild, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

YES! I searched Robotech Motercycles, and found the Red Garland :p
  2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

3. Soaring

Cheater? That isn't cheating B)
  4. ThunderChild

Just kidding buddy! Have fun building the Defender, and don't forget to post pics of your build here! :)

I'm off to go build the X-jet!
  5. Soaring

Actually, I'm going to wait for your big one ^.^ My little brother....enjoys seeing Robotech :D
  6. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

Nice Defender TC! Will either the Tomahawk or the Phalanx will be next, since they share the same underchassis?

Just an update on my WIP VF-1A/J/S. This does not transform and is in fighter-mode only. The main body unfolds into 22 parts; add from 2, 3, or 5 parts depending on which gun-turret is desired. Wings can be installed in either full forward or rearward sweep. They're triangular in cross-section to provide some structural support for a full load of missile packs.

I'm now working on the panel-lining/rivets textures and standard markings; no pilot/squadron markings so that they can customized in any paint-scheme (by hand, for more hobby fun!).

Attached Files:

7. ThunderChild

I promised Getter the phalanx next. :) The underchassis are nearly the same. but not quite. I may be able to get away with just adding the alternate pieces though, so there's no problems there. unfortunately building the model in 3d takes up the least amount of time, it's the unfolding and decals that takes up the most time for me.

That valkyrie looks great! Keep us posted friend!
  8. Janx

Janx Member

Nice one Jay on the VF 1s/a/j I can scrub the small scale one form my to do list :)

Never a truer word said Thunder on the unfolding, has to be my pet hate.

I'll not do any of the destroids that I had on to do, as to do so would make them different to your superb model, nice to have continuity on this one.

Got a VF 2Ja started and VF 11 will be reborn after the Supersylph is done.
  9. fruiz

fruiz New Member

Hi ThunderChild

What a great model which has ended :inw:, great work, thank you :thumb:, and what you and I can assure you that I am going to enjoy it :D.

Continue working well, I hope your upcoming projects with the elderly.

Lima - Perú
  10. ThunderChild

Thanks Fruiz! I hope I'm not elderly by the time I finally release the rest! :p :D
  11. Janx

Janx Member

Too late for me :D
  12. xavs

xavs Member

God age

if we were younger, we won't now a thing about these great stufs
  13. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

yesterday i had a little time, so i copied and reshaped the parts of my VF-1A/J/S to create a VF-0A. it should break out into only a little more than 25 parts on cardpaper.

next up on my list is the SV-51!

Attached Files:

14. Janx

Janx Member

Too fast for me Jay :), looking forward to seeing these available. Scratch another off my to do list, looking more doable every day, keep it up :D

This is what I have turned my attention too for this thread.....

Attached Files:

15. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Lookin mighty good there Janx :D :D :D

16. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Thats impressive Janx.
  17. ThunderChild

Nice work Jay!

Can't wait Janx! Will there be separate parts,heads and textures for the different versions?

As everyone can see from my lack of updates, I took a little sabbatical from modelling. Partly because I felt I needed to step back and just let my mind rest on the development side, partly because I started playing X3 again! :eek: and then of course work is hectic, and we're planning a trip to Europe.

For those still interested, my current WIPs include:
    (in order of possible release)
    1 - Beta Fighter
    2 - Phalanx
    3 - SDF-1 (v.2)
    4 - Defender (v.2)
    5 - All the others TBA
  18. Janx

Janx Member

Quick update on the VF 1 battroid.

yes will try to do 3 versions with 3 colour schemes. I will simplify this one a bit for release here, keep the complex one back for large scale model. The arms etc will be able to be put in a fixed pose (hopefully) of the builders choice, not sure about the legs yet.

Attached Files:

19. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

That's great :D

20. Stormeagle

Stormeagle Member

These are great Thunderchild, and with Jinx's Battleoid, we are only missing the Tomahawk to have the full gang available. Can't wait!!!