Macross/Robotech Destroids, and other mecha

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
Like the current run of Battletech models... I don't think that it's practical for a jointed ankle. The images you see above are exaggerated point of view to give the pose.

I'm working on the Scorpion and getting joints to work and last is not an easy task.

Nice work so far TC.

Reactions: Bhelliom

ThunderChild

Hiya!
Thanks for the boost you guys!

This is just a static pose model and its small. The leg as you see it here is 6cm tall. I decided to do it this way first (Like I did with the SDF-1) because like StevO said, having articulation, stability and durability is a mammoth task!

One of the reason's this build is taking so long is because I'm busy with, among other models, a larger pose-able version of the defender. I'm still struggling with the hip joints in particular, I can only seem to get rotation on two of the three axes while keeping the structure strong enough. But have no fear, I won't stop till I succeed! If anyone has tips or suggestions, pretty please pass them my way!

Paragon, Can't wait to see pics of Mom's Kitchen! Quoting Bron:"I'd love to have one of my very own!"

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
I finished the prototype today and put it together, this is the result (sorry for the messy build):

I expect to release several colored versions on my website tomorrow or the day after.

Like I said before, they're not incredibly detailed models.

Tavist

Jul 14, 2006
I have a request. In the theme of the lifesize Battlestar Galactica helmets being made in the sci fi thread, I would love to see a pilots helmet!

-Tavist

Defender

Hi Thunder,

You are making a Superb job of your Defender, I can't wait till It's available!

I just love the Macross, and Robotech robots.

Janx, would love your model of the Spartan Destroid. (I've got one but in the unmentionable material)

Paragon, your Mother's Kitchen is Beautiful too, Thank You!

PLEASE lets have a Macross section in downloads, I just love Robots!!

Sincerely

Tom:wave:

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
I'd do the Ghost before the Commanchero.

It's the first reflex technology craft.

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
Thats from Macross Zero... a great mini series. The Cheyenne was an amalgam of all the destroids together in simplicity.

ThunderChild

Aww nuts...

I didn't even know about the CHEYENNE!

Well.
Only one thing I can do.
RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH! Cuz that one is going into the collection! :D

It does seem a tad more difficult than the old destroids (not surprising considering the age of the old ones) but I'm always up for a challenge!

There I go getting ahead of myself again... First models first!
<Slap-slap-slap>
(hitting my hand with a ruler) :p