Macross/Robotech Destroids, and other mecha

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by ThunderChild, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

I am rather dismayed to see repaints of the Shunichi Makino's VF-1S being circulated under someone else's name with all references to his authorship removed. Having planned some time ago to make many different VFs in fighter mode specifically for the purpose of color-scheme customization by the maker, this kind of activity is really discouraging me from releasing.

Nonetheless, while I think about it, here's a screenshot of my VF-1A/J/S WIP. I've decided on a triangle-faceted design to make it easier to fold, about 25 parts only (the incomplete model onscreen currently unfolds into 12 parts), and output at 1/60 and 1/72 scale so that it will blend with my diecast VFs. When this is done, it would be easy to modify to create a VF-0A/D/S. And after that, all the other spaceships and other VFs on Kawamori's list are fair game.

Attached Files:

2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

I came across two that I know of, and agree with you completely Jay. Please don't stop your release tho.
    Some of the other threads are also touching on the subject of piracy, and I think that the members on this forum has the right tactic: chew them out till they don't know which way is up, even before the original designer has become aware! :D
    I'm not suggesting a papercraft-gestapo, ( :p ) But taking the proper action in stead of just downloading and supporting the culprit will make a difference.

Enough negative vibes though.

Jay, that model looks absolutely marvelous, and that your planning it to be customizable, and easy to build, makes it grade-A already! Can't wait to see progress on it! :)

From my side, another update regarding the Defender:

:p :p :D :p :p
  3. ThunderChild

Makes me sad that I'm not in your neighborhood! :)
    Luckily I got it on dvd. Now if they could only turn McKinney's 'Zentraedi Rebellion' into a movie! That's one of my faves!

*Spoiler WARNING!!*
    I was upset with the fate of the VF-1s Skull one! Cried like a baby!
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I wish they finished the Sentinels. The novels were great.

My Robotech project concerns the sentinels and an interesting little piece of unofficial technology. ;)
  5. ThunderChild

Ooh! piquing my interest already... :p
  6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Man, someone really needs to make a model of the SV-51...
  7. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

it's on my list but it will take a while... :)
  8. ThunderChild

The SV-51 would be an amazing model to have in the collection, there's just so many others in the pipeline already... :eek:

Oh yes, before I forget again... a few pics finally transferred to my pc...

Attached Files:

9. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Agh! EXCELLENT! I can't wait to see this one finished ;)
  10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey TC,

That Destroid is smokin :D

Can't wait to see more and the others :D

11. ThunderChild

Defender update

Some more updates on the defender, the final pics of my test build. I have scaled up the release version for those with the same fingers as mine, and of course those of you who doesn't want to wait for my large, poseable design and who want to do some scratchbuilding to give it more articulation.

Here are the pics: :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

12. ThunderChild

A little "upskirt" action on that last pic sign1

What good is a new member of the family without some family photos? :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

13. ThunderChild

Some infomercials here in SA always has a line saying: "But wait! Theres more..."

So here's a sneak peak of my interim design that I'm doing so I don't get bored with the destroids... Who can guess what this is? :mrgreen::twisted:

Attached Files:

14. Soaring

EGAD! AMAZING! THat's the Mospeda? Right? :D

Is the Destroid gonna be free? :O

What Design program did you use for it o_O
    If it's free free, 'm gonna implant joints in the arms and legs o_O And or chest :twisted:
  15. ThunderChild

What's that? Still not satisfied?
    Ok, here you go... in the downloads section...
    :D :D :D

Once again, many thanks goes to cgutzmer who was so kind to create the Robotech/Macross sub-category, move the SDF and also upload the defender.

Thanks also to you all for the encouraging words and assistance!

Have fun you guys!
  16. Soaring

What'd you use for the designing? What program :)
    I think the design you're doing, the Mospeda?
  17. ThunderChild

Hey soaring! Nope, keep guessing. Not Mospeada.

You were a bit fast for me, I was still typing my last message when you replied! hahaha

As you can see, the Destroid is free.
    I use Maya for all my 3D needs. :D
  18. Soaring

EGAD! Not the Mospeda?!?!?!? Hmmm...Gimme a minute to "Think".
  19. Soaring

Is it the Garland?
  20. ThunderChild

Yep. :D Garland-5 to be exact. the red one. I kinda like to keep my designs in the Robotech family for the time being.