Macross/Robotech Destroids, and other mecha

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by ThunderChild, Jan 25, 2008.

1. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Hi Everyone!
    This is the new thread I'm creating so everyone can follow my progress on the Destroids in particular.

I also hope this thread would lead to a lot of discussion and ideas, inputs, advice and general Robotech/macross related chit-chat. It's open to anyone and everyone!

I guess it's somewhat of an overkill to post this here as well, but for those who haven't been following the SDF-1 thread in the designer's corner, The little bugger is in the downloads section for all to enjoy. Please send me your comments on that model since it's my first, and feel free to post pics of your build!

Onward to the Destroids then:
    My first Destroid (the Defender) will also be an easy enough build, followed by a more detailed pose-able version. I have the parts printed out and ready to test-build. Pics following the build I'll post as I go along. For now, enjoy the SDF!

Best wishes

2. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Yay! Another Project for Macross! Can't wait till you post your pictures from your test build ;)
  3. fruiz

fruiz New Member

Hello ThunderChild

Thank you for sharing your model of SDF-1, is very good, I hope that your upcoming projects are equally good. On the other hand give you the information that I requested weeks ago, with regard to file with various 3D models and PDO, the person who is Cuguel design, a designer Latin whom I pay my respects and shared that file in the forum Modelos de Papel.

And I hope we will continue to hear your contact upcoming launches in the forum.

Lima - Perú
  4. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

wow thunder child i love robotec and again ther isnt enought robot versions out there plenty of plains tho. keep em coming looking forward to seeing more of your work
  5. xavs

xavs Member

Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you
    it was time to some one get serius about it.
    Hey can i post a macross papermodel link here?
  6. ThunderChild

Well golly gee... I don't know... let me think a bit on that... YESSSSSSS!!!! sign1 sign1 sign1

There can never be too many Robotech / macross models! Every link (Provided it abides by the forum's rules) will be most welcome and appreciated!

Apologies to all who are eagerly awaiting the Destroid pics. I got sidetracked by my TCS Victory (Wing commander 3) Design. :eek:
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Unfortunately there are many sites out there that have great models and also blindly post or host links to scanned or copyright material.

Don't feel bad about it. Just keep an eye out for these sites and quickly run through the site in general before posting links. Usually these sites will have large hits on files that are taboo so thats the first place to look.
  8. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I never could figure out how to download the files on the SD Sacha page...

I look forward to the destroids though.
  9. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Hey, just felt like posting this link: SDF Macross Index

In case you hadn't seen it. It might be useful. I hope you plan to make all of the Destroids (especially the Monster!).
  10. ThunderChild

Cool site Paragon!
    There used to be a Mac II Monster kit available somewhere by a guy called Wulph... And its... well... a MONSTER!
    Here's a pic of it at least... :confused:
    Anyone got a working link?

Maybe I will do a Mac II, but it's at the end of the list.

Attached Files:

• 063.jpg
      File size:
      265 KB
  11. ThunderChild

Found this at macrossworld. who's up for designing it? :mrgreen: :twisted:

Attached Files:

12. Soaring

I have a spare Monster :/ I canpm it to you :)

Hey, Paragon, you still there?!?!?!If so, I need some help sending you the files :) If you could assist me that'd be great. As well, I have the monster version Thunder just posted :D
  13. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

PLEASE!!!!! I would love to have that thing!

Thunder: After the Defender, I suggest the Tomahawk be next. Those things are kickass.

All this has made me start re-watching Robotech (yeah...not just Macross, sorry). I watched it when I was a lot younger, so I didn't really realize how much more mature and complex it was (I just liked all the explosions, typically). I bought the entire DVD set awhile ago, so at least I'm getting use out of it.

Anyway, I look forward to more news on the Destroids, and hopefully faster releases once the Defender is out (since three of them use the same legs).
  14. Soaring

o_O! REally? Ok.....Lemme just refind it, don't worry, it'll only take 10 minutes, It's only in my recycle bin :p Just stay online Paragon, I'll PM it to yah :D
  15. Soaring

Never mind..I found it...Paragon, standby, I'm PMing it to you :)
    .....Paragon? You there? Well, now you have to wait maybe 15 more minutes :/ I have to eat dinner... :cool:
  16. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Wow man... should I feel conflicted about that pic turning me on? :twisted:
  17. ThunderChild

Should I feel conflicted that I know precisely what you mean?

Soaring, I may be a tad out of line, but I think most of those posts can be done with PM's. My only concern in the matter is that someone could misunderstand the thread and when my destroids do come out eventually someone saying "hey, that monster is not your design!"
    Then again I may only be paranoid. :p

on the other hand, I love the discussions created and still want everyone to feel free to post and say whatever they feel like. (Within reason... :twisted:)

Paragon, a friend already hinted that I do the Spartan/Phalanx next, and I have started it's basic shapes in 3D.
  18. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Which one, the Spartan or the Phalanx? The two are very different....
  19. ThunderChild

Oh for heavens sake. someone give me a hammer so I can bash my own head in cuz I really have nothing between my ears anymore. Brain's left me. :p wall1

Paragon, you are of course correct. :mrgreen: My typing was faster than my thinking. The Phalanx will be next, followed by the Tomahawk then the Spartan.

After that I want to do an armoured Veritech Battloid.
    I decided not to give a date for posting pics of the Defender build because I seem to fail at delivering them the whole time! But they will come soon... :oops: Promise... sign1

Attached Files:

20. xavs

xavs Member

Great news for mecha lovers

all macross all paper:wave:

Attached Files: