Macross/Robotech Destroids, and other mecha

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by ThunderChild, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Tavist

Tavist New Member

I have a request. In the theme of the lifesize Battlestar Galactica helmets being made in the sci fi thread, I would love to see a pilots helmet!

2. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

The Cat's Eye is definitely up there, and the Comanchero is pretty likely. The Ghost...maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure how well that vehicle lends itself to my designing style...
  3. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Yay!!! Cat's eye!!! :D

I've also been toying with the idea of making a Robotech thinking cap. With all the models on my design list and my slow progress on them, I'm sure someone will get it done before I ever get round to it though... (said with hope) :)
  4. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Hi Thunder,

You are making a Superb job of your Defender, I can't wait till It's available!

I just love the Macross, and Robotech robots.

Janx, would love your model of the Spartan Destroid. (I've got one but in the unmentionable material)

Paragon, your Mother's Kitchen is Beautiful too, Thank You!

PLEASE lets have a Macross section in downloads, I just love Robots!!

5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I'd do the Ghost before the Commanchero.

It's the first reflex technology craft.
  6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Thats from Macross Zero... a great mini series. The Cheyenne was an amalgam of all the destroids together in simplicity.
  8. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I watched Macross Zero a bit ao...I must have missed it. Anyway, once all the other Destroids are done, that one might be interesting to make.
  9. ThunderChild

Aww nuts...

I didn't even know about the CHEYENNE!

Only one thing I can do.
    RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH! Cuz that one is going into the collection! :D

It does seem a tad more difficult than the old destroids (not surprising considering the age of the old ones) but I'm always up for a challenge!

There I go getting ahead of myself again... First models first!
    (hitting my hand with a ruler) :p
  10. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Just a little progress:

11. ThunderChild

12. fructose

fructose Member

Very nice. How big is it going to be?
  13. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey T.C.,

I've been watching the development of that model myself. His SDs are great but that EX Garland is full sized :D

Try to use the Google language tools to translate the page from Japanese to English. A bit of warning though, it will translate into very rough English.

14. ThunderChild

Gey G1!
    You're actually the one who tipped me off about the EX Garland! Since then I've been checking in from time to time and following the progress. So it's all thanx to you! :D

I can't seem to get into the whole SD thing. Just personal preference I guess.
  15. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

16. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey T.C.,

Sorry, I'm getting forgetful in my old age :p

SD ain't for eveyone :p but it's definently for me :D

17. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey Paragon,

Thanks for the great model :D I downloaded that puppy last night and can't wait to see more (hoping for the Falcon fighter next :D :D :D ).

ARMORMAN Guest

Thanks for the models!
  19. Janx

Janx Member

Ty Paragon :)
  20. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Good news ... The local Sci-Fi TV Station will be playing the new Robotech movie 'Shadow Chronicles' which means it will be played on other networks.

It's quite good and I am a Jack McKinney fan too.