Macross/Robotech Destroids, and other mecha

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by ThunderChild, Jan 25, 2008.

1. xadow

xadow Member

Your model Janx looks amazing i hope you decide to release it.

i found in my links list this website
    HWR-00-MK II v2
    A destroid monster used to be available there. I think that still that model, somewhere in my backups
  2. DaDragon

DaDragon New Member

Ehm, sorry :oops:, but its me again! :wave:

Just to say the 'morphing' link in my last post still works!!

3. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

The monster is Cool!!
    Does anyone though know where I can get a download of a Tomahawk (Warhammer in Battletech)???
    There is a super cool Mecha!

SEBRET Member

While were at this I might as well ask my question.
    I want to make a Gundam based off of a rendering of the Infinite Freedom from Seed. I know how i want it to look for the most part, but i would like some help keeping it "mechanically true" to the Gundam universe. is there a basic explanation somewhere as to the types of parts and structures that almost all Gundams incorporate? You know, like the head mounted guns and stuff.

I'm not new to Gundam, but i have never seen an explanation as to "How any Gundam Works" verses "How 'said' Gundam works

This is the Image I'm working from

5. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Hi all!

Finally back home and man, I SO not wanna be! At work things have piled up, and at home, with the fridge having been unplugged for a whole month, well, let's just say we THOUGHT we had removed everything that can spoil...
    ... now theres something lurking in the corner underneath my computer desk... I fear it's intentions might not be honorable... :p

Anyway, Back to action!

Janx, I'm with everyone else RE: your Monster. That looks just too cool to keep away!

Vortex, that tomahawk is on the list, unfortunately its a big and sloooow moving list... and it's not on top... wall1
    So I'm looking forward to some of the other designers here taking a crack at it...

Sebret, as far as I know, there isn't a localized source like you suggest.
    However, I'm rather new to designing myself, and what I have found is that this forum has a lot of great guys (from my perspective they are experts) who can help you, provided you have a specific query. G1 and Janx (among others) have given me invaluable advice, and gone out of their way to help me with even the silliest of design issues. I owe them a huge debt.
    So my advice is to look for more references, start your design, begin your own design thread(or feel free to do it all in this one) and when you hit a snag, just ask.

Sorry for the long post everyone, just glad to be active on the forum again.
    Updates on my models will come... as soon as there are any! :oops:
  6. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

Hey Guys,
    I just found a free Monster IV paper model at LINK REMOVED
    Looks pretty good, but I haven't given it a try yet. Check it out and lemme know what you think. Here's a sample...

Attached Files:

7. SMWulph

SMWulph New Member

This is the Wulph. That was just a build, ThunderChild. I did NOT design the kit.
    Unforcently in my recent move, all my DVDs of models got misplaced within the 30+ boxes of stuff. Will have to locate the holders :( . Give me some time to find them but beware t was a commersial kit and the files I have are close to 7 megs
    Stefan Wulph

SEBRET Member

Thank you ThunderChild. I appreciate the advice
  9. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I agree the tomahawk should be the next, it's just too cool a mech, and I too got the Robotech series and I want to start watching it again... maybe do a Robotech marathon :eek:, whats a little sleep deprivation? :rolleyes:
  10. ThunderChild

Thanx for correcting me Wulph. Its a nice clean build nonetheless! :thumb:

To everyone: Concerning the files of the Monsters, If it was a commercial kit, I think it's better if we stay within the forum guidelines and get permission first.
    Whatever happens in PM's though, is no one else's problem, unless I'm gravely mistaken. :p
    Still, the laws of general good etiquette prevails over all, IMHO...
    (Just my two cents on the matter... )

Sebret, no prob buddy, I know it's not exactly what you wanted. It's just how I go about it.

Take care all!

11. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Just wanted to share that I'ts official Rapidshare and AOL won't work together, the message from Rapidshare said try another browser If you use AOL. It's all we have.

I love Macross robots and I really look forward to seeing more kits happening.

12. tikitiki_m

tikitiki_m Member

ohgodwhy, your post "Monster" is not free model, it's scanned model, the designer is living a life by selling his designed models.
    You only think just a game or to help some people who looking for the model,
    but he has lost big income from this monster.
    I know it's almost impossible to buy the model for almost people,
    but the rest of people also don't think to buy the model, if someone shows his model in public.
  13. ThunderChild

New Ideas

Hi everyone!
    Just watched the first 5 episodes of Macross Frontier...
    announce1 OMG!!!!!!

Did a quick google and here's some pics of the VF-25 Messiah, and the SDF.
    The monster seems a hot topic, so I added a pic of the (new) VB-6 monster too.

Any designers drooling yet? :twisted:

I think the VF-25s with Armour is a kick-a$$ design!

What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

14. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

Given that I don't read japanese, and that it IS OFFERED FOR FREE by LINK REMOVED, is there anything that leads you to believe that I had any idea that this may be a pirated model ? Anything in the model itself that states, in a language that I can read, that it is for sale only ? No ? Then take your catty little remarks to the website that's offering it for free, and stop making baseless allegations of misconduct about someone who was only looking to help other members of this forum. I'll be waiting for your apology.
  15. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

You'll be waiting a while for that apology because Tikitiki has no reason to give you one. You posted a link to a site that hosts pirate scans of models the designers don't want to be made available for free. Fair enough, you can't read Japanese and weren't to know they were pirated, but there was no need for YOUR catty remarks after the mistake was pointed out to you and then you posted the link AGAIN.

Play nice, childish tantrums will get you nowhere.
  16. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

He didn't point out a mistake, he made an accusation. His statement implies that I'd deliberately went out of my way to take money out of the designer's pocket, and that simply isn't the case. I know piracy is a hot topic here, and knowing the hard work that goes into designing models, I avoid the possibility of contributing to it like the plague. I find the implication to be very insulting, and I feel his statement is an act of libel. Call it a " Tantrum " if you like.
  17. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

That's the way you see it, and you obviously don't want to see it any other way. The way I saw it is that he was pointing out to you that the model was not a free download, he also went on to mention that the designer has lost a lot of income due to people offering links to free downloads of the model. Another thing I noticed is that the usual internet language barrier comes into play here as english is obviously not his first language. (apologies if I got that wrong!:p)

Again, I don't think that's what he was trying to imply, it was a general statement about the way many people have ignored the wishes of the designer, you have taken it personally because your name was mentioned at the start of the post.

This is why I called your posting of the link a "mistake". Because you didn't know it was a pirated model, and if you had known, you wouldn't have posted it.

Well, when you put it like that, it's not so much a tantrum but more of a complete over-reaction. Lighten up. :rolleyes:
  18. DaDragon

DaDragon New Member

Here we go again!

Hi ohgodwhy.

You fell into the same pit as I did! For just requesting a link, or someone to kindly send a copy of the model, I got told I was committing an act of piracy! I was expected to know that the model was a limited-edition commercial product and got judged on the lack of this knowledge.

Not your fault; the pit was covered over and unmarked. You allowed your enthusiasm for the hobby and the desire to help others similarly enthused to dictate your actions. Again, not your fault. You had no reason to suppose the model being posted was unauthorised. Your Japanese, like mine, is virtually non-existant. Not your fault and certainly not the 'excuse' implied in
    Japanese is obviously not our first language. And the comment
    is contradictory at best. If your name is at the top, then what follows is directed at you unless stated otherwise.

The world cannot be seen purely in black and white. All that is not proven good is not necessarily evil as there are more than two diametrically opposed views. We are all human and not always right, but that does not mean that if we are not right, we choose to be wrong: we are merely lacking all the facts.

I think that the fact of two members taking identical stances and "overreacting" to comments posted about them speaks for itself: one is isolated, but two is a trend.

Say what you like about this post - I have unsubscribed as some of the members here are too judgemental for my tastes. And no, I am not some snotty-nosed kid who doesn't know s*#t: I am 56 years old, disabled and supported by a medical pension as I am unable to work.

19. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i think this topic should be taken to pm or e-mail as it is ruining thunderchilds thread. which i have up to this point been following with interest. he has been doing some great things here but i will have to unsubscribe if this continues. An admin has moderated the point. if you disagree please take it to pm or i beleive there is a b***hes and gripes section.
  20. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I got some late breaking news for you bub. Your link not only contained a scan of the former retail model but the site it was on, hosts a myriad of scanned models and 'rapidshare' style links of other designer's models. So I can officially say that you did not avoid contributing to piracy, instead you have provided yet another website for others and proliferated scans of models.

This is not libel. This is a fact. Playing stupid does not excuse you from breaking rules. When I post links to models or ANYTHING, I make sure the site I link to is a reputable site that deserved mentioning. Perhaps you should use that rule of thumb.