New Layout Pictures

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by TruckLover, Jul 29, 2006.

1. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Yeah, in some of my shots, you can see where i moved some cars off the rails (of corse, i'm a noobie at this andmy layout's just tracks on a board with some structures on it:p )
  2. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

It is amazing sometimes what shows up in layout photos. We can take all sorts of time setting up a shot, then when we see the pic, we suddenly notice some detail out of place that we moved to get a clear shot that we wanted!
  3. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

I just took a picture of my SD40, but realized i left tools sitting righ there on one of my structures. the red cap for my drill bits stand out, lol.
  4. viperman

viperman Active Member

Josh, where did you get those bumpers? I'm gonna need a few soon
  5. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

6. viperman

viperman Active Member

thank you!
  7. TruckLover

No problem, that was too easysign1
  8. TruckLover

Havn't updated this thread in a little while, here are some things that I have done in the last couple of weeks.

I have done so much stuff with the layout.
    • I now have 8 engines. I got some polly scale CNW Green paint and started painting the handrails on the 4 units.
    • I built and installed the Bulk Transfer Conveyor at the Hoffa Cement Complex.
    • I built and set the Tank Car Oil Loading Platforms in place and got the Track down and ballasted for the loading racks.
    • I built and set the Tank Truck Loading Rack in place and ballasted around it.
    • I added a wood fence to the front of the oil refinery area and added a gate.
    • I built the Guard Gate for the Oil and Flour Mill Complexes.
    • I glued some more track down; over by the Glacier Gravel Company and the New River Mining Company
    • I built the small extention for the Asphalt Complex that is over by the New River Mining Company and layed foam down. I also added a siding on the new extention.
    • I made some grade crossings for the main road over the main line over by Glacier Gravel Company.
    And working on some more stuff too.

I don't have any pics at the moment[​IMG] [​IMG]but hope to have them soon.:thumb: :thumb:
  9. viperman

viperman Active Member

swing by my page lately?
  10. TruckLover

I have been off line for about a week and a half :eek: but I just dropped by and I like that bridge you put in, it looks great in that spot!!:thumb: :thumb:
  11. rough days

rough days New Member

just wondering how many trains can you run at one time?
  12. wickman

wickman Member

Hey Josh pics would be great , never too many pics:thumb:
  13. TruckLover

First off,

:wave: Hi Rough Days and welcome to the Gauge

Now to answer your question,

It depends on how many you want to run, you have to get a DCC opperating system to run more trains at the same time. I would suggest visting the DCC forum on the Gauge and asking some questions there and looking for answers in the threads in that section.:thumb:

Hope this helps :D
  14. TruckLover

Too funny, I was just about to update some of my threads here, but this was not one of them unfortanitly. I can only use the camera at my grandparents house at the moment and well, I only brought the new weathered trains that I have done in the last week. I wish that I could have brought the whole layout :cry: SORRY GUYS, NO NEW PICS OF MY LAYOUT AT THIS TIME, hopefuly soon though :D :D

Check my weathered threads later today and tonite for pics.
  15. TruckLover

WOW, it has been a while since I updated this thread!!

I havn't had a camera and still dn't have one right now. :cry:

See if I can't dig up some pics to post here :D :D
  16. TruckLover

couldn't find anything new, maybe some time soon I will have some new pics. :thumb:
  17. viperman

viperman Active Member

I know I'd like to see the progress. I actually need to update my thread too
  18. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

19. TruckLover

Some New Pics

It isn't much but this thread is do for an update

I did a tad bit more work on the Magic Pan Backery Complex today. I added another piece of track for the rail docks. The reason I have not just banned this siding out is because I need 2 more #4 switches and I have not been able to get them yet. So until then, there is just 2 small paralell tracks just sitting there out in the "middle of nowere" lol

Here is the pics:

Here is an overview shot of the complex in case you guys don't member what it looks like. There are 5 truck docks, 2 of which are occupied by a J.B. Hunt 53' trailer and a 53' Landstar trailer and the 3rd, a 53' Scneider National trailer is being pulled away. The 4th and 5th docks are empty and there are 6 28' pup trailers lined up in the back.

Overhead shot of the sidings

View down the un-finished sidings
  20. TruckLover

More New Engines!!

Today I got 2 CNW SD40-2's in the mail from Eric (Thoroughbreed) and I love them

They are in the special Falcon Service Paint, here are some quick pics:

Here is the powered unit (sorry for the BAD pics)

Pic of the dummy unit, they were lashed up together with a CNW dash 9 on point so that is why this one is facing the rear. You can see a 65' tanker behind the unit to.

Ill take some better pics when I weather them up :mrgreen: :mrgreen: