New Layout Pictures

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by TruckLover, Jul 29, 2006.

1. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

:wave: Hi everyone,

Just thought you guys might want to see some of my new layout that I just put in. Well, here it is:

• First is the Glacier Gravel Main Building.
    • Second is the Coneyor from the main building to the mountain for underground mining. The mountain will be covered with rocks, dirt, trees and brush when I get some money to get them.
    • Third is the Blue Star Ready mix. It will rest sideways against the mountain as it is in the picture.

Attached Files:

2. TruckLover

• Heres my new BNSF Dash 8-40B
    • The Hotel will go there
    • Another Shot

Attached Files:

3. TruckLover

Post more Later:) :) . I have to go to the store
  4. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

jawdrop good work, I love how you incorporated my plan, and I espically like what you did with the Gravel plant! :) How's the dash 8 runnin'? :)
  5. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  6. Austinio

Austinio New Member

I love it. I had a few kits for my own layout but I cobbled them together so quickly (and crapily) that I figured I would trash them.
  7. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

All those trucks are awesome...I wish I had that kind of selection in Nscale (that didn't cost a small fortune). Those buildings look great!!! The detail and realism you're going to be able to get with all those great looking trucks and buildings is going to be something to see.
  8. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great work!:thumb: :thumb:
  9. TruckLover

Thanks Guys for all the nice compliments.

:wave: Miles, I haven't hooked up any track or poweer yet. I think I am going to wait until I get all the buildings and track in place.
  10. TruckLover

Here are some more pictures:
    • The Asphalt plant. That is pretty much were it will go and will have a constant supply of gravel from the bunkers.
    • Here is the CN&W hoppers with my new BNSF Dash 8-40B
    • The bunkers for the Blue star and the Asphalt plant that are in the same complex. The bunkers will have a supply of gravel from the Walthers Bulk Conveyor with the pit and the conveyor dumping gravel into the small open area next to the bunkers.

Attached Files:

11. TruckLover

• Here is the Magic Pan Bakery Complex. It will have the tracks in the middle of the warehouse and the bulk silos. And of corse, it will have a yard of trucks and trailers.
    • That huge space will be a huge steel mill. I just have to wait until I get enough money to start getting them off of e-bay. I plan to have the following Walthers Steel Mill kits:
      • Blast Furnace
      • Rolling Mill
      • Coke Oven and Quencher
      • Yard Office
      • Slag Cars
      • Hot Metal Cars
      • Coke Cars
      • Mill Gondolas
    • And the last one is the few of the New River Mining Company. I still have to add a similar mountain as above for the conveyor. I thought that the conveyors would be better off going into the mountains for a underground or far away mine rather than making a mine on the layout cause every one knows how much room it takes up.

Attached Files:

12. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

WOW! that is great! I love all the vehicles and industries. It just looks so unique. keep up the good work and keep those pics coming!
  13. TruckLover

Thanks Steve.:)

I have a few more to post right now and I will definetly keep posting them as I go along.

By the way steve, Your layout is awsome.:thumb: :thumb:
  14. TruckLover

• Another view of the New River Mining Company. It's the conveyor housing for the conveyor that goes to the Coal Flood Loader. I painted the Buildings with Black and Grey Primmer and the handrails with caution Yellow to make them stand out.
    • A view of the coal train getting loaded by the main building. The coal cars are 5-Bay hoppers made by Walthers.
    • View of the Coalporter Train being loaded by the coal flood loader and snaking around the bend. There will dbe a switch coming on the mainline. The coalporters are made by LBF and are BNSF.

Attached Files:

15. TruckLover

Shoot the pics are a little out of focus, all well.

Heres the last 3 for now.
    • Another view of the coalporter train
    • A view of the entier layout
    • Another view

Attached Files:

16. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

My favorite is the asphalt plant! But it's all neat. Josh, do you have a close-up of that trackhoe??
  17. kirkendale

kirkendale Member

:wave: Wow, great looking and good job. The pictures are good and capture the action of a very busy operation. keep the updates coming. :thumb:
  18. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Josh:wave:, WOW!, looks like the new layout is going GREAT!!:thumb: NICE 8-40B!:thumb::D -Deano
  19. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looking Good.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  20. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Looks great, Josh! :thumb: