New Layout Pictures

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Heres some pictures of the Hotel Under Construction I just finished on the new layout. This is pretty much the only thing I can start without track down first. I am expecting some switches I got on e-bay this week so I can get the New River Mine started.

Attachments

• View 1.jpg
    View 1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 413
  • view 2.jpg
    view 2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 413
  • view 3.jpg
    view 3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 416

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
That road leading into the wood gates will be paved using woodland scenics roads and will have a transition from the raod to the dirt with gravel. On both sides of the road will be landscaped.

Attachments

• view 4.jpg
    view 4.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 410
  • view 5.jpg
    view 5.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 427
  • view 6.jpg
    view 6.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 404

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
The sub-station will go where it is right now, I just have to make or get some chain link fence to surround it. Powerlines will come out of the closest side and transmission towers will come in on the other.

I took some of these pictures with the light on in my room and some with the light off but the flash on the camera was always on. I think that the flash kinda makes it look like they are doing night work as if the construction company has fallen behind schedule.

Heres the last three pics of the hotel for now.

Attachments

• view 7.jpg
    view 7.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 409
  • view 8.jpg
    view 8.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 403
  • view 9.jpg
    view 9.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 460

caliban

Hey Josh,

I was sure you'll like them! I've lot's of Kibri construction equipment, they sell them for bargain prices on train show and it is great fun to build them. The three Komatsu machines are the biggest I have, the Terex dumpers are looking like midgets next to them. I bought them for my New River Mining and Glacier Gravel. I don't have mine or quarry but I've built a maintenance building as background building, big enough to "accomodate" those big ones. You can find a picture here=>http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=20794

Tobias

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I just wish that I had enough space for those big machines:cry: :cry:

Maybe I will get a chance to do a huge mine on the next layout?? (in about 5 to 6 years when I get my own place:))

UP SD40-2

Josh:wave:, your Hotel scene looks GREAT!:thumb: cant wait till you get those switches in;) . keep up the GOOD WORK!:thumb: , and stay on track man:D -Deano

caliban

Hi green_elite, Josh,

the big machines are a definetely TOO big for a rail car. The second set of whells that came with the front loader are a flat car load on it's own! And they have double the widths of a flat car! But it was great fun building them and they look great next to a track with tiny little open hoppers and Dash's!

Tobias

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Now theres an idea, HEAVY TIRE LOADS.

How about a train of flats going to a mine loaded with pieces of those heavy Mine equipment??

I will have to remember this stuff!!:D :D

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Dean, thanks for the compliments.

The switches should be here tomarro or wednesday.

Im at my grandparents this week though so I wont be posting pics of my layout till next weekend. Maybe by the end of the weekend ill have the track in for the mine??

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
O wait, I forgot I have to wait until the woodland scenics track bed comes. I guess it will be at the end of next week when the track will go in at the mine.

I also have a bunch of scenic material from woodland scenics coming next week so I will be able to get the 2 mountains done. I got a tunnel portal and some retaining walls so I can make a tunnel for the Coal mine. I am looking forward to seeing how it comes out.

Keep you guys posted!!:) :)

caliban

Hi Josh,

found the spare wheels for the big machine today.
The switcher crew should have noticed the unsecured load on that bulkhead flat! Pic is taken on my new test track I'm building to fit above my desk. If you take a close eye on the water in the concrete channel, you'll notice it is still wet!

Tobias

Attachments

• Wheels on flat1.jpg
    Wheels on flat1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 322
  • wheels on flat.jpg
    wheels on flat.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 325

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
WOW, those are cool Tobias. I need to get some Bulkhead Flat Cars. And the concrete ditch looks awsome:thumb: :thumb:

Well, here is the track layout for the New River Mining Company. I just have to wait for the Woodland Scenics Trackbed to come now.

Attachments

• Track Work.jpg
    Track Work.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 316

caliban

Hi Josh,

you don't need a bulkhead flat, every flat or a gon should work either. The bulkhead flat was what I had on hand ro take the photo's. The switcher is a Kato NW2, the best loco I own when it goes to slow switching! My new test track is more a switching layout. It'll fit above my working place and the track in the background (were the gon stands) is the programming track. Most of the materials for the test track switching mini layout is scrap wood I've found in my basement storage room and some other stuff. The water is made with clear window color, poured into the ditch. My wife got it for .99c, she never started any window color pic's and now the stuff will end as water. After drying it'll get a final coat of Future floor wax to make it look more shiny.
I've started my own gallery, I'll post more pic's of the mini layout/test track and my stuff there.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
TruckLover said:
WOW, those are cool Tobias. I need to get some Bulkhead Flat Cars. And the concrete ditch looks awsome:thumb: :thumb:

Well, here is the track layout for the New River Mining Company. I just have to wait for the Woodland Scenics Trackbed to come now.

better install another switch at the end there so that you have a run-around. It will make it possible to switch thing at your inustries.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Are you talking about at the end of the New River Mining Building or in between the 2 mainlines (Outside 2 tracks)???

Russ Bellinis

I think you need to do it between the mainline tracks. I don't think you have a track in the mining company complex that is long enough to accomodate an entire train.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
right here needs a cross over, so that you can move around long trains.

Attachments

• Track%20Work need improovement.jpg
    Track%20Work need improovement.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 266