New Layout Pictures

fsm1000

Josh, you know I don't share your enthusiasm for trucks. However, whenever I need info or ideas for roads, or industries related to trucks and railways I look up stuff by you. Just thought I would let you know I think you are doing great work and that, even though I don't comment to often, I encourage you to keep up the good work here. You are a fountain of info in [for me anyhow] an obscure area of modeling railways that many of us incorporate into our own little worlds. :)

Thanks for what you do. :)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Josh, you know I don't share your enthusiasm for trucks. However, whenever I need info or ideas for roads, or industries related to trucks and railways I look up stuff by you. Just thought I would let you know I think you are doing great work and that, even though I don't comment to often, I encourage you to keep up the good work here. You are a fountain of info in [for me anyhow] an obscure area of modeling railways that many of us incorporate into our own little worlds. :)

Thanks for what you do. :)

WOW, thank-you so much Stephen for the very nice and kind words!!!

My whole layout is actually based off of trucks, my first industries when I built my first layout were based on just trucks, that is because I had no trains at the time lol. Once I began to get some trains on my layout, I realized that I only had sidings and that I couldnt even get an engine with a car or two on them so I figured I would re-do the whole layout to incorporate not only trucks but also trains. Thats where im at today and now I have once again ran outta room. My plan is to move onto a around the room double decker layout with staging on a 3rd level down below the 2nd.

I like to model buildings that are heavy industrial like construction related stuff and also warehouse type buildings. I dont know why but those are just the only thing that I ever wanted to model lol. I think it is because when I was little, my grandma used to take me out for drives to get me to take a nap or go to sleep when I was younger (she babysat me everyday). Only problem was I would never go to sleep, instead I would stare in awe and point at all the trucks and construction equipmrnt we saw along our little journeys. And when we went passed train tracks and saw a train, I was amazed. Still to this day, I sit in the car staring at the window, sometimes taking a second look at things to get ideas of things to model. I need to start taking a camera with me lol

Thanks again for the very kind words

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Could we get an over view of the whole layout?

LOOKS GREAT!

Thanks sfrr!

I think I could do that, Might be a few days tho, my schedule is pretty busy at the moment. Ill try and snap some on thursday and post em for all you

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Great!

man, you started from nothing and get a thing of beauty!

hehehe thanks man!!

Here is the pics of the overall views, sorry it took so long :eek:ops:

Glacier Gravel

DSC04278.jpg

What will be a refinery

DSC04279.jpg

Dried up creek

DSC04280.jpg

Hoffa Cement

DSC04281.jpg

Future Home of 2 Red Wing Flour Mills and Armstrong Electric Motors Buildings

DSC04282.jpg

Substation

DSC04284.jpg

Hotel Under Construction

DSC04285.jpg

Road Construction

DSC04291.jpg

More Road Construction

DSC04292.jpg

Magic Pan Backery

DSC04286.jpg

Magic Pan Silo Construction

DSC04293.jpg

Western Coal Mine

DSC04287.jpg

DSC04288.jpg

DSC04289.jpg

Small extention that is currently being used as storage lol, another extention will continue down the right side of the pic along the wall

DSC04290.jpg

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
The coal mine is looking great! :) Is that the Walthers New River mining company?

Thanks!!!

Yup, you got it, that is the Walthers New River Mining Company and the Coal Flood Loader is the Walthers Western Coal Flood Loader :mrgreen:

Both absolutly FANTASTIC kits!! :eek: :thumb: :mrgreen:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Great shots Josh! However, I've never seen a CNW double-head with a BNSF untill now! :rolleyes:

Thanks!!

Ohh sorry about that one :eek:ops: sign1

I just put them together cause they were both sitting next to each other when they were on the table and I had to move them somewhere else for the pics (engines and rolling stock not on the tracks would look kinda weird in pics hehehe) so I decided to hook em up and make a train for the series of pics. Guess I shoulda thought a lil harder before I hooked em up huh?sign1

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
cool stuff, good thing i get email notifcations, i was gone all week. I need to get back to work on my E60s. check them out on my thread. i'm going to be updating a bunch of my models pretty soon.

UP SD40-2

Josh:wav: , i am TOTALLY IMPRESSED!:bravo: Your layout is REALLY coming along GREAT!:thumb::thumb::thumb: NICE Pic's too!:winki::mrgreen: .(though i about died on BNSF with CNW behind it:eeki::119: ) i like so many of your industries, i cant say which i think is the best:winki::mrgreen: . WELL DONE!:thumb:
:deano: -Deano

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
cool stuff, good thing i get email notifcations, i was gone all week. I need to get back to work on my E60s. check them out on my thread. i'm going to be updating a bunch of my models pretty soon.

Thanks G.E.C.!!

Ill drop by in your thread, see what you have been up to :mrgreen: :thumb: :mrgreen:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Josh:wav: , i am TOTALLY IMPRESSED!:bravo: Your layout is REALLY coming along GREAT!:thumb::thumb::thumb: NICE Pic's too!:winki::mrgreen: .(though i about died on BNSF with CNW behind it:eeki::119: ) i like so many of your industries, i cant say which i think is the best:winki::mrgreen: . WELL DONE!:thumb:
:deano: -Deano

WOW thank-you Deano for all the really really nice compliments.

sign1Ill make sure not to lash up the BNSF and CNW locos again hehehehehe

Nazgul

Josh...I just saw these great pics of your AWESOME layout!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:....beautiful work!

You know that I love the gravel co:winker:....but the cement plant is truly sweet as well. I like all the things going on around it, like the equipment pushing and dumping the gravel (looks real and makes sense).

Keep up the great work....it just keeps getting better:thumb:

btw...I remembered your gravel co was beautifully weathered and I went to look at pics to help me weather my new Mine......I discovered that it looks better than I remembered:winker:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Josh...I just saw these great pics of your AWESOME layout!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:....beautiful work!

You know that I love the gravel co:winker:....but the cement plant is truly sweet as well. I like all the things going on around it, like the equipment pushing and dumping the gravel (looks real and makes sense).

Keep up the great work....it just keeps getting better:thumb:

btw...I remembered your gravel co was beautifully weathered and I went to look at pics to help me weather my new Mine......I discovered that it looks better than I remembered:winker:

WOW thank-you so much Steve!!

I think that the cement plant is my favorite scene on my layout right now. On my next layout, I plan to make the cement plant even bigger by throwing in the Walthers Valley Cement kit and adding another Blue Star Ready Mix. This will be the ultimate cement plant (maybe even as big or bigger as Ralph's AWESOME cement plant) :mrgreen:

ohh btw, I can take some more pics of the gravel mine for you if you would like? I know your doing a coal mine but these two buildings are pretty similar. I still have yet to weather the coal mine on my layout :eek: :eek:ops: sign1. That will get done BEFORE I add it in on my next layout hehehehe