USS Sulaco / Aliens

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Alien99, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Alien99

Alien99 Papercraft Member

overall view for you Marco .....sulaco is on the floor in the livingroom :mrgreen:

U can compare it´s size with the ps3 controller or my finger sign1
  2. You just took my breath away... :eek::cool::-o:goldcup:
  3. marciu11

marciu11 Member

Jupi!!!! :):):)

- The best is: "My finger" :D:D:D
  4. Riddick

Riddick Member

OMG !!!!

5. bigfan

bigfan New Member

Holy cow, That is incredible work, Jan. Keep up the awesome work! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  6. blaar

blaar Member

What an awesome looking model. Just curious. How many pages of paper / card stock did you use ?
  7. martinj8

martinj8 New Member

I have to stock up paper glue new knives and Printer cardridges.
    I hope the wife will beare it all . For I know what I will be doing 2011.

Keep on the good work.
  8. Jixton

Jixton New Member

Your attention to detail is incredible...Not to mention, your patience and persistence with this project.
  9. Squirrel-

Squirrel- New Member

it looks just as good here as it does on!
  10. Bigtiime

Bigtiime Member

11. jonesy

jonesy New Member

awesome... how many hours have you spent on this so far
  12. DarkAntzMK-II

DarkAntzMK-II Member

that ia a whopping 5 feet and 8 inches for us yanks....thats taller than some people!!!!
    what a monster!!!!

im still gonna build it
  13. scarmig

scarmig New Member

Me too.

Of course, we will also need to-scale drop-ships, load-lifters, and Queen Alien hanging out the airlock for posterity.
  14. oriod01

oriod01 Member

I'm wondering if it might not be a good idea to have a hole on all (large sections) corresponding faces, for injecting expansion foam as you build, for strength and stability?
  15. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

I'm going to putting a length of PVC pipe through the middle of mine.
  16. BradAmeerBeg

BradAmeerBeg Member

That's what she said, Mousemuffins!
  17. Bigtiime

Bigtiime Member

Unfortunately, expansion foam is extremely hard to control in this situation. My fear is that it would not only deform the pieces but may even cause them to become very hot as it hardens. I don't know if the heat would actually do anything to the piece itself but I don't think I'd chance it considering the scope of this project.

PVC is a good option as was done with the 8' ISS build. Or, use cardboard formers inside of the larger pieces. To be honest, Jan is SO good that I don't really think anything will be necessary to reinforce the structure IMO. :)
  18. CascadeOverload

CascadeOverload New Member

jawdropjawdrop OMG!! Sweet mother of all things holy! I showed this one to my wife and just promptly got told that there was no way in hell I was building that I must find a bigger space to work in. Time to go house shopping I
  19. scarmig

scarmig New Member

Might be cheaper just to get a new wife.

20. CascadeOverload

CascadeOverload New Member

sign1 HAHAHA!!! That just made what has been a crappy work day completely awesome!