USS Sulaco / Aliens

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Alien99, Feb 1, 2009.

1. ppp333

ppp333 New Member

2. I got unfinished parts of the engine for a kind of beta-build (thanks a lot, Jan!), this is the result:

Then came the critical moment: Will magnets I want to use to attach the engine to the middle hull be strong enough so that I don't need an additional stand for it? See by yourself:

In fact the magnets are that strong that I needed a little dull knife to be able to seperate the engine from the hull! Should be strong enough to hold it in place when all remaining parts are mounted to the tube, too. :cool:
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Very cool!! Looks simply fantastic! :)
  4. Kjev

Kjev Member

Great idea! I'm working on an Ebbles miniatures Jotun (a mecha) where I'm attaching the limbs with magnets so it can be semi-poseable, or suffer battle damage. I never thought to use them for support.

Definitely an idea to file away!
  5. Alien99

Alien99 Papercraft Member

After long , long time the new group is online and ready for download.:thumb:...It´s group No. 25 - The Reactor....:twisted:

hope you enjoy it..
  6. Very cool. It came just in time to answer some questions that raised during my beta build regarding some smaller parts at the heat exchanger.
  7. duckforceone

duckforceone Master Duck

amazing work... can't wait for you to finish the models so we can all build it... :D
  8. Alien99

after two months , the ENGINE SECTION group 26 is ready for download.:thumb:

enjoy :mrgreen:
  9. I'm curious how many attempts I will need for the detail parts on the lower side of the engine... I see myself cutting through the tiny paper parts over and over again... :mrgreen:
  10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Fantastic!! :)
  11. duckforceone

duckforceone Master Duck

Awesome. That's going to look nice on the model...
  12. Alien99

13. tjbmurph

tjbmurph Member

Woo hoo! Thanks Jan, your hard work is appreciated. (and absolutely astounding!)
  14. Thanks! This is like christmas in late November!! :cool:
  15. XenoMorpH

XenoMorpH New Member

Man....this project is HUGE!! Would take me ages to get this done :rolleyes:
  16. Alien99

Don´t think so :mrgreen:

it´s an easy-build model in huge scale....nothing else :rolleyes:
  17. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

I wonder, would you be offended if I printed and built at 30% of your scale?
  18. Alien99

FINALLY, after 4 painfull years the U.S.S.SULACO papercraft in 1:430 scale is finished. The project is closing....Final parts has been released 8)

..FOR FREE :lol::thumb:

HAPPY XMAS :wave:
  19. Jan, thank you for such an amazing piece of paper-art!

I wish you a happy christmas!
  20. Shipscape

Shipscape Member

WOW, Thank you for a fantastic project.:wave7:

This looks like it out of this world.:grin:

Now to download and print for a future build.

Merry Christmas to you.