Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Fortner

Jul 9, 2006
:thumb: Grits n' honey!

Hot and hazy here today - supposed to rain like the dickens tomorrow and into Wednesday. Had to drop the truck (red Chevy Colorado LS) off for a checkup - about 8 months ago it had problems with starting and yesterday and today it was acting up again. Got a loaner - a Colorado.

The lovely wife is hinting that I should take down my lego stuff - I might do it as the kids and I haven't played with it lately but their friends keep taking stuff apart and losing pieces or mixing stuff up.

TTFN!

wrmcclellan

Oct 1, 2005
North Texas
Evening all!

A bit late today. Got going real early (5:30 am) this morning and didn;t have time to post.

John - neat photo of the hand speeder! Looks like that is a nice museum. So will you post some more pics after the OTTS visit?

Hot here. Official high was 98, but my thermometer was at 102. Ouch!

Working on some layout stuff, wiring cleanup, etc.

Have a great one all!
Roy

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning from Blueberryhill.............................
Looks like rain today. High of 86. Humid. Love A/C.
Going to take it easy today. Finished staining the front bay window yesterday.
Looks good. Big job.
Hope to see Chief tomorrow. No Grits.
Talk to ya later,
Chuck

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Good morning from a humid and soggy Chicago. Got cool last eve when I picked the daughter up from her weekend high-school retreat, but the humidity made it a slow walk to work today. I'm overdressed - ick. Took a later train to see if I can balance out my sleep a bit. This is my long day with class tonight. Hope everyone has a good day. I'm musing on going out to the Illinois Railway Museum one of these weekdays - maybe next Thurs - when they only run electrics.

wrmcclellan

Oct 1, 2005
North Texas
Chuck - don't worry about the GRITS. Chief has plenty!

Another hot one here today (98) and breezy.

My son just got back from oral surgery to have two impacted wisdom teeth removed and a couple of bicuspids removed for braces later. The poor guy is miserable and he still has two more wisdom teeth to be removed at a later date - ugh.

Doug - take some pics!

Have a great one all!
Roy

Roger B.

Oct 2, 2005
Watkinsville, GA
You can run but y'all can't hide. Took me a little bit to find you since I was looking for the pot under another section of the forum.

Roy - I've been getting my e-mails to you kicked back, e-mail me any change in address so that I can correct my address book.

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
Good Afternoon Every one !! Boy, it sure got hot at work today, & I think rain is coming .
Good to see a lot of hte guys here !
Roy:sure hope your boy is feeling better now. We should have more pictures of the museum this weekend. That handcar I think is really neat & they have a NYC speeder there also !
Well, go to go eat now, be back !!
Thanks, John

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
John you seem to be home early.

It is raining here now and it was quite hot yesterday. That ended a comfortable streak that lasted almost a week.

I washed the car today and got my drivers permit renewd. They would not take my PO box for an address, had a time with them.sign1
The middle class mad man, LOL what a world we live in.

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
Gill :No got home normal time, just got done with supper, plus it strarted raining & storming & had to rush back down to shut the computer off. The lights were flashing on & off here. Gald you're not one of those Suicide bombers ! :D I don't see much of a future in that !! :D :D
Chuck ; Just before quitting time, had to go rerail a ballast car. Quick job, anyway, just 1 wheel dropped in !
Glad this storm didn't last long !!
Hey Chuck, we're even on # of posts over here again !! :D :D I heard they were going to give stars over here next !! :D :D :D :D :D

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
And why is it raining in Ohizo and WV? I'm here.train97 Went to the train shop in
Bridgetown. Bought some rolling stock cheap. 8 cars and shipping was only $7.50. How does he do it? Last time it was UPS three day. Got tons of older Industrial Rail for $14.95. Got lots of K-Line too. He loves his MTH though [he's got some Lionel too]. Class taught. Hiding over the border in WV. Will pillage Ohizo tomorrow [already the train store]. bounce7 aussie Off to room for three HBO's and a Showtime. Later

Status
Not open for further replies.