Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Thanks Spanky

You pic reminds me of a stry but I dont think I can share it here.

55 today.
  2. csxt30

csxt30 Member

announce1 bday1 Happy Birthday Gil !! balloon6 bounce7

Well, another hot one here, may rain some more. If any one needs rain out their way, just summons The Chief !! :D :D
    Looks like Jim will be putting in a garden layout, soon !!
    Well, wonder if The Chief got caught bringing any gritts into Ohizo today !! :D
    Hope everyone has a nice night !!
    Thanks, John
  3. Roger B.

Roger B. Member

My e-mail from the other forum came across this afternoon. Haven't had a chance to head over there yet.

Temps. were mid-90's, again. Come on over Chief, we need some rain.
  4. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Thank you John.
  5. Happy Birthday, Gil Finn.:wave:
    It's raining like crazy here. Nothing new except the other forum. Going to be an inside day
    today. Hope everyone has a nice day.
  6. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning all, I will be hanging out here for a while, maybe permanently, they need to get their act together on that other forum.

Not quite sure what you need to do to post pictures here. Help!

I'm still working on my long running stockyard project. Building it on a piece of 1/2" foam board cut to fit the space available on the layout. Had the idea to put down the scenic materials before installing the fencing on the base. Unfortunately spraying scenic cement on one side of the foam board created a nice bow in the board. The good news is that by spraying a coat of scenic cement on the back side it returned to almost perfectly flat. Hope to make some progress this afternoon as it is rainy here and can't do anything outside.

Also making progress on building my new computer. Didn't get the correct version of XP, needed X64 to run on the Athlon 64 processor I am using. Got that yesterday so now can fire it up and see what happens.

So much to do and so little time, being retired is so stressful. ;) :D

All have a good day.
  7. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Well I guess my memory is going.

Happy belated birthday Gil.
  8. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Busy here. Wish I had time to stay and chat. Have a good one. God bless.
  9. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

WE got pounded all night and this morning a huge thunderstorm blew down a tree across the street and cooked my brod band box.
  10. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

John - do you need help on this forum or the CTT forum for posting pics.?
  11. Roger B.

Roger B. Member

Gil , everytime I see your B.G.&E signiture. it reminds me of my days living in MD where it was the electric utility, Baltimore Gas & Electric.
  12. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

That is the Buffalo, Gauley and Elk RR

Owned by the Elk River coal and Lumber co.
  13. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Look Here to post pics :)
  14. csxt30

csxt30 Member

Hi Everyone !! No rain here today & glad !! It was nice for working, not so humid. Glad only one more work day this week !
    I think we post pictures here same as on the other forum, John ( Jeffelectric )
    Well, hope everyone has a nice night !
    Thanks, John

Oh, here's a link for photo posting !
  15. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Thanks for the posting info. Don't have anything earth shaking to post at this time but wasn't sure how to do it here. Printed out the instructions for use when I need them.

Got the new computer up and running, need to install antivirus before I go on line with it. Transfered some of my files over on the home network.

John (csxt30) Maybe we can get some of the other guys to move over here. I got an email from Frank that says the new site is down. Growing pains I guess.

Have a good evening.
  16. John, the new site is NOT down. Some people are just having problems. I think most
    will be OK
  17. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Where did everyone go? The new CTT forum is busy and taking up everyone's time I guess. Hot and humid here.
  18. Good Morning........
    It's hot and humid on the " Hill ". Looks like rain. Going to a clambake today. Trains will
    be there at the Depot. Dennison is a nice town. Lots of train traffic.
    I will catch up later,
    Have a nice day.
  19. cnw1995

cnw1995 Member

Still getting failure messages at the other forum. Glad this's here. Muggy and hot today. Rainy off and on. Got to wear jeans to work because everybody else is gone - so that's a highlight. Hope to go to the Illinois Railway Museum this weekend - there's an O layout there this week.
  20. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Had to come back to the caboose and say hello and grab some sweet tea...too hot and humid in Charlotte. To the State of Ohio...please send down some rain, we need it in the Piedmont. Just sitting here thinking that the layout might need an "all Southern RR diesel" saturday. I can't wait for someone to come out with a Southern GP30 High Hood in Nscale. LifeLike just announced one in HO so maybe N won't be far behind.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.