Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pennman

pennman Member

Well thats a bummer saw that English town and grove thing thought maybe you where from Jersey? I havent been back there for a while
  2. cnw1995

cnw1995 Member

Did anyone see me at the race? I was waving to you. I was the sweating guy in the White Sox cap with ear plugs. Guess i'm getting used to spending the summer weekend out of doors without feeling bad about working on the layout. It's sure nice and cool in the basement. Roy, why do you have to hose down the hose foundation when its hot?
  3. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Doug, Texicans have to do that. Dries out so bad that the soil [Texas type] cracks and the houses shift and will crack. So when it gets dry and hot, they water down their foundations like I soak my garden.
  4. CTT has locked up the Forum. You can read but not post.

5. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

They are effecting some rehab over there.
  6. dwiemer

dwiemer Member

Afternoon guys,
    Thanks Chief for spreading the news. Did a little tour of the site when I got home. I had been on the CTT site this morning and then tried to come over here, but the hospital mainframe takes this as a chat site and won't let it through the gate. It is good to see Dr. John along with the rest of the crew. I am struggling with the passenger layer of the layout plan. Hope to spend a little time and get through it tonight, if the kids let me.
    In my search of this site, looks like a lot of other scales/gauges are here. It is good and bad. Good in that we can get some ideas for scenery, etc. Bad in that lots of stuff to dig through to get to O gauge. Overall, I like it. Not as much as CTT, but I am biased.
    Take care and God Bless,
  7. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Off to Roseyville Town Board meeting. Will come home early. Don't want to stay too late, as got to Kiss the wife good bye before I go.:thumb: :oops: Got early flight to Ohizo tomorrow AM. Packed and ready. :wave: Visit with Chuck and Buckeye. Ran trains this PM. :) Later

BTW: this forum counts posts too.
  8. csxt30

csxt30 Member

Good Evening Everyone !! Chief: have a good, safe, fun, gritts free, trip to Ohizo, & a good Fact Finding Mission !!:D :D
    Just thought I'd drop by & try to post a picture. Guess you will have to click on to get it !!
    Highball !!

Thanks, John
  9. John,
    What was that picture of ????? I saw the tracks.
  10. csxt30

csxt30 Member

Hi Chuck !! That's the Highball stand at the RR museum in Conneaut, Oh. I took my Little Granson there yesterday ! I'm trying now to figure out posting pics here. Oh, that museum is right next to our CSX mainline, I think MP 118.
    Thanks, John
  11. John's picture

Attached Files:

12. csxt30

csxt30 Member

Thanks Chuck !! I'm trying to figure it yet :rolleyes: :D !! I'll probably be all night at it !!
  13. OK, John, click on REPLY and then go down to " Manage Attachments " and click on
    browse. It will show your documents. Click on one like attaching to an e-mail. Then hit
    download. That should do it.
  14. csxt30

csxt30 Member

Thanks again Chuck !! I'm doing that but my camera came with a Kodak program & I'm just having a hard time finding the picture for some reason !! It sys it's a DSCF 0418 !:D
  15. csxt30

csxt30 Member

Can't post it. It says it exceeds the limit for posting ! :rolleyes:
  16. 1688torpedo

1688torpedo Member

stooges8 Hello All! CSXJohn- Nice picture of the Highball in Conneaut. I went inside of that museum a few years ago & it is very interesting. I wish they did a better job of protecting the Nickel Plate Berk outside of the museum or better yet try to get it running again. Now that would be something to see. Chief- Hope you have fun in Ohizo.Be aware that the Grits Detectors are up & running at our Airports:) Doug- Did not see you on TV. I was under the weather yesterday & was in bed most of the day. Feel much better today. Take Care all.:)
  17. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

He guys..spent some time in the hobby shop today then did a meeting and visited mom, she is doing a lot better.

I got about 40 worth of lands scaping to dress up buildings and some to put away for lay out work.

Got a bunch of metal stumps too.

I thought I would try one of those laser cut buildings so I choose a company house.
  18. dwiemer

dwiemer Member

I am originally from Jersey, but have long since moved south. Grew up in Northern NJ next to Hackensack. Anyway, it is good to be here. I know most of the guys from the CTT group.
  19. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

CSXT30 - John, posting pics here is very easy to do. Once you have the Address from the properites list, copy it as aways and then click on the icon that looks like a letter with the mountain on it. Just past the address in the window and click ok.

20. csxt30

csxt30 Member

Oh, Thanks Tom !! I'll give it a try !!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.