Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Hi everyone:wave:

Well after I got mad at my new hopper and waited three hours before hooking it up to a train, the car is just dandy on those 18' curves. Just had one :curse: of a T-storm roll on by, and Thurs. is suposed to bring SNOW, of all things! Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes!:rolleyes: :D But Thurs also brings SPRING BREAK!!!balloon6 bounce7 :cool: goldtoth1 train97

Cheers!:thumb:
CNWman

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Darn....plowed twice today....about 12" total and it still hasn't stopped.......gotta go to VA tomorrow and the next day...goingto spend the night at my son's place.

Have a good couple of days.

Chief...if ya had a Wheel Horse it would run and not be in for servicesign1 ...you would just use it!

Rick

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
Well my daughter ran her second 100 meter sprint today and did a fine job at 13.8 seconds. I think she got her speed from running away from the barn chores.

I did buy another MTH farm house the other day but I have been to busy getting the plow ready to try and beat the rain coming this weekend.

Right now it is about 11pm and it has to be around 70, I can't believe it is going to snow this weekend in addition to the rain.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Good Morning Everyone. It is a nice 42 degrees here. Only supposed to get up to 50 today. They are calling for that white stuff again for the next few days and even into the weekend.:cry: They say spring is here. Yeah Right. It's supposed to be April Showers Bring May Flowers, Not April Snow Showers. sign1 Hope You All Have A Great Day.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Tanker, the JD got oil and filter change, plugs and new blades. Yearly maintance and no repairs. :thumb:

Guided wife's boss's kids at the pond [notice you Yanks, no ice]. His son's first fish ever.
47b7da25b3127cce82eb959d6cc000000016108AasnLhm4bNe

Caught nice crappie and blue gills.

Speaking of weather. You Yanks are trying to invade us in the next few days. Cold coming and we have flowers and trees blooming. Keep your cold air.

We mention form time to time about the software being slow here. No wonder. Probably a couple of hundred folks signed on just holding up space. If you are not using, sign off and then sign back on.

Well, out the door as long as it is warm here. Later.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. A bit cooler today and no rain in sight.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/5/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 48°F
Humidity: 58%
Dew Point: 37°F

So Far Today
High: 55°F
Low: 52°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 17mph NE

Today High: 65 Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 42 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Northeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Today I'll have the hickory smoked sausage.

sausage1.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Morning. Been downloading Fishing Hot Spots in buddy's Garmin GPS. Ready to install in his boat. Tanker, you can take your cold air back. Freeze warning. Got fruit trees blooming and grape vines budding. Wife has flowers bloming oand plants coming up. This is not good.:cry: Go to go. Trains are calling.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
green_elite_cab said:
lol, Boy Scouts never gets old. I'm gonna be Life scout in a fe weeks, need to get ready for Eagle. Grab the bacon is the greatest game ever. yay mudd!

Nice going!:thumb: I can probably say you have the Railroading Merit badge, no?:D

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Evening all,

Grandson was mowing our lawn today when it strated snowing. Didn't amount to anything but it sure looked odd. I should have taken a picture. It is cold for April, even in PA. Only made 39 today and to go down into low 20s tonight.

I am ready for SPRING!!!

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
CNWman said:
Nice going!:thumb: I can probably say you have the Railroading Merit badge, no?:D

i have the book for it, but i never called anyone. I'm going to progress to life scout in about 2 weeks when the board of reviews take place, and i'm am agonizingly close to the deadlines for aging out ( i turn 18 december of this year). I still have 5 eagle required to go, and i have to get started on my eagle project.

since there is a 6 month period that i need to be in a leadership position, i'll only reach eagle at October at the earliest. Personally, i think i can accomplish more than one merit badge at a time. they aren't that difficult, just time consuming.

I have all other merit badges i need except these-

• Personal managment
  • Family Life
  • Personal Fitness
  • Enviormental science
  • Citizenship in the community, i have a partial on this one. all i need to do is volunteer 8 hours. that has been tough, since i can't find anywhere near here that is non profit non scouts. the few people i have talked to, things don't work out. I also need to find a new counselor for it.
Personal fitness looks to be the hardest right now, because i'd have to exercise everyday for a few months, and i'm way to lazy for that, lol. I have stuff in my basement though, so i can if i want to.

I'm working on enviormental science now, so i just need to do the experiments and type up most of my findings and in general explain the requirments to the counselor. I'm sure i'll knock that one out by the end of april.

tommorow i will call my old scout master about Personal Fitness and Family life, because he does both of those badges, and i think you can do 2 merit badges with one counselor ( but no more apperently)

i know someone who does personal management, and i've been keeping track of my game and train spending, so i have the 3 months of finnancial records covered.

right now finding an adequate eagle project is the tough part. I've been thinking of helping to restore a local railroad museum's equipment, and i suppose that counts as preserving history and there fore helping the community, but some have expressed doubts that this is really what they are looking for. I plan to conact the museum as soon as i get life.

If anyone here can help me go in thge right direction, i'd appreciate it. I know i am really cutting things close, and i think i need all the help i can get if i want to become eagle

boy scouts is one of the few things that stresses me enough to keep me awake at night. its something i want to complete, but i was dumb when i was younger and didn't work on it that much. now that i'm short on time i'm scrambling.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Morning from a cold NC. Tanker, you can take your cold air back up Nawth. Off to Mom's down east. Youngest due to have Grandson any time. Son sick so he can not go with with me to Mom's. Busy day. Ran trains [Post War Lionels and modern diesels] last night for 3 hours. Glad I had exhaust fan in ceiling. Have a good one.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio

where it is cold and snowy :curse: . What ever happen to the 80 deg temps of the other day?

Well we have 3 days off, and we are back in town today. Have been on the road so much, haven't had time to keep up with the forums. :cry:

We also needed to buy a new box as the old one died. Most of the files have been transfered over, but may have lost all our email addresses.

All have a Happy Easter :thumb:

47b7da20b3127cce8315d5b2462a00000027108IZMmrFwxbA

tom

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
green_elite_cab said:
right now finding an adequate eagle project is the tough part. I've been thinking of helping to restore a local railroad museum's equipment, and i suppose that counts as preserving history and there fore helping the community, but some have expressed doubts that this is really what they are looking for. I plan to conact the museum as soon as i get life.

I think that's more than adiquite GEC, you aren't just helping the comunity, but helping everyone who visits there:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.