Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Morning all. We are under a snow watch:curse: .

Have to go to Fargo today. Then this evening I'm assisting in a SCUBA class as a pool swimmer with the students....1st "dive" of the year!

Chief, you a grandpa yet?

Rick

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Good Morning Everyone. Cold morning here, only 24 degrees. Got hit with a snow storm this past weekend. Got to the point sometimes where you couldn't even see out the windows of the house. Hopefully soon it will warm on up and we will get rid of this white stuff they call snow. Hope you all have a Great Day.

:wave:Have A Safe & Wonderful Day Everyone.:wave:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Just more of the same for me today. I have one more set of crossover turnouts to hook up to the control panel and the track wiring will be finished, at last.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/10/2007

Sundown Fire Dept, Station 23

Wind Chill: 52°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 51°F

So Far Today
High: 56°F
Low: 52°F
Rain: 0.04"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph ESE

Now through 08:15 AM CDT April 10, 2007

High: 72

Through 7 PM...scattered showers and thunderstorms can be expected across southwest and south central Louisiana...and now central Louisiana. The activity is diminishing across southeast Texas as well as the near coastal waters. Stronger thunderstorms will produce brief very heavy rains with some potential of hail up to pea size. The showers and thunderstorms continue a rapid northeast movement at 25 mph.

Today High: 72 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Warmer. Highs in the lower 70s. East winds around 10 mph shifting to the southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 60 Mostly cloudy. Lows around 60. South winds around 10 mph.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Congradulations!!!
Hey sorry been busy this new job is trying to killme, I'm hoping everything will settle down after the grand opening May1. havent even had time for my trains, But the good thing is there is a CSX main that runs right behind the shop. Not sure where it goes though, looks like Nashville to bowling Green or Paducha KY will have to explore one weekend.
Yall have fun,
Tony

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Up in Maine, I was lead to believe that they had two seasons, winter, and the Fourth of July.
Here in the midwest, I got used to two seasons..winter, and summer.
Well, surprise, this year spring and summer lasted about 11 hours....there's a pile of snow on the ground, and more's a fallin'.
So much for Global WARMING!!!!! bounce7

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
I just signed up for home milk delivery. :) Go figure a small dairy near Ebensburg Pa still does this. No more late trips to the C-store.

I hope the weather keeps going bad I plan on getting some more work completed on my layout.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Evening. Went to Kerr Lake early this AM [why I didn't get to post]. Sawed tree for fishing partner. Tired. Dinner ready. Going train broke. Just bargined for 2 Atlas NS powered engines and 1 dummy. Dinner is ready. Wife coming home tomorrow as Grandson went to his house today. :thumb:

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Renovo PPR said:
I just signed up for home milk delivery. :) Go figure a small dairy near Ebensburg Pa still does this. No more late trips to the C-store.

I hope the weather keeps going bad I plan on getting some more work completed on my layout.

I thought a farmer like yourself would have his own milk cow. :D :thumb:

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
sumpter250 said:
Up in Maine, I was lead to believe that they had two seasons, winter, and the Fourth of July.
Here in the midwest, I got used to two seasons..winter, and summer.
Well, surprise, this year spring and summer lasted about 11 hours....there's a pile of snow on the ground, and more's a fallin'.
So much for Global WARMING!!!!! bounce7

Hi sumpter250 :wave:

Talk about global warming- it's still raining here in Johannesburg and we are starting to enter into winter, when it's suppose to be our dry season!

In Cape Town winter means their rainy season but the are going through a drought, the dams are also only about 40% full.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/14/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 65°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 64°F
Rain: 0.78"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 30mph WNW

Today High: 72 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Tonight Low: 45 Decreasing clouds. Colder. Lows in the mid 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Scrambled eggs for me today.

scambledeggs.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Where in the heck is everyone???? Been to "Miss Edna's" this AM. Took wife to a hosta farm 30 miles away. She bought lots of hostas [she already has lots]. Now I can buy more trains. :thumb: Rain is suppose to be on the way. Going to run trains. Later

Status
Not open for further replies.