Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Can you make soup out of rabbits? It looks like Spanky has enough of them. Well I just spent a few days in Lancaster, Pa and even took some time to look at some train things. However I was disappointed that the Strasburg Train Shop was closed when I made it there. I figured it was there loss closing at 5pm. I did take some time to look at some of the trains around the museum though.

We did have some brief snowflakes in the air on Thursday and I think I even so a few today. I had some bad news when I got home we lost a few beef cows so that will hurt the budget a little for the next month. It hurts to see a few thousand dollars on the ground. While it is rare it does happen.

[FONT=&quot]Oh we are to get some more snow tonight back here at home so I guess it is time to fire up the coal boiler again.[/FONT]

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. Going to continue with layout work today. I have 6 spurs to wire then I'll start in with the WS stuff.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/7/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 38°F
Humidity: 50%
Dew Point: 26°F

So Far Today
High: 47°F
Low: 44°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 20mph N

Today High: 52 Cloudy. A 40 percent chance of rain in the afternoon. Cooler. Highs in the lower 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 35 Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Lows in the mid 30s. North winds up to 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

I need something quick today. How about a sausage biscuit.

sausage2.jpg

spankybird

OTTS Founder
steamhead said:
Tom...Was that in '60 or '68..?? It makes a difference, age-wise... :D

It was in 72, 68 we just finished High School and registered for the draft. What fun day! :rolleyes:

Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the temp is 21 deg with snow in the area! :curse:

Here is a pic of one of the OTTS members new Lionel 269E

47b7da27b3127cce985480895d9a00000037108IZMmrFwxbA

47b7da27b3127cce985481751dfe00000027108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

Chief Eagles

Morning. Cold!!!! Off to Miss Edna's for a Sat. Been a long time since I was home on a weekend. Glad to see Tom back posting his morning pictues. Always enjoy them.

Alan d Lambert

Mid 30's in north texas( Fort Worth) to be exact. Ya'll need to keep the snow up in the northern parts. We set a record for the latest that it has snowed in Texas even though it didn't stick. If it had we would have about 5 inches on the ground, but that temp was higher so the snow melted on the roads. If ti would have stuck we would have had big problems. Nobody down here nows how to drive on the white stuff. Now I will stay in where it is warm and run my s gauge trains around my basic loop of track. got plan for layout but not enough room at home.

jefelectric

Good evening guys,

Tom, Glad to see you got some time off.

Renovo, Next time you are going to be in the neighborhood, let me know. I'm only 31 miles from Strasburg. We have a train shop right here in Elizabethtown that has more O gauge than the Strasburg Train Shop at the Cho Cho Barn and they are open later too. Did you visit the TCA Museum? Yesterday was the first day open for the Season. There is also a train shop on the Strasburg RR grounds, but not sure of their hours. Know how that beef cattle loss can make you feel, we lost the son's 4H steer one year.

Spent most of the day in the greenhouse potting seedlings and repotting geraniums. It was nasty outside today, never got out of the 30s and was WINDY.

Ran trains with the granddaughters this evening, they are now using booth the DCS controller and the TMCC controller, only 6 & 4.

Take care,

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
I didn’t even think about you being in Elizabethtown. I was only in town for a few days and spent most of it in class. That was my first trip to Strasburg; I spent most of my time photographing some of the farms in the evening after stopping for a boring dinner at the BK on route 30. I could have had a dinner partner for the Stockyard Inn if I thought about you.

I might be back in the summer for a trip to Messick if they work me a good deal on a NH front-end loader. I picked up 800 onion plants today and hilled them in the snow. I hate to loose market weight beef cows but that is life. The farm is a full time second job that comes after my day job. Well then again I just got back in the house tonight so I guess it takes more hours than my day job too.

[FONT=&quot]We had a lot of snow flurries for the past two days and the cold weather is making a chore out of greasing the implements. I guess I just looking forward to turning some ground. For some reason that is my favorite thing to do in the spring.[/FONT]

rogerw

Morning jeffrey. Snow in louisiana thats pretty crazy. No snow in north east kansas but it is a chilly 19 degrees. It must be that globle warming thing.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning from a Snowy NE Ohio
and
Happy Easter to All!

We pick up another 6" of snow overnight, but many areas are reporting over 24" since yesterday. Not a good day to take a long trip!

47b7da20b3127cce8315d0e387d100000027108IZMmrFwxbA

47b7da20b3127cce8315ee64874900000027108IZMmrFwxbA

47b7da20b3127cce8315e2d087fb00000027108IZMmrFwxbA

47b7da20b3127cce8315e2a906b200000027108IZMmrFwxbA

47b7da20b3127cce8315e6f106e800000027108IZMmrFwxbA

47b7da20b3127cce8315e6d487fd00000027108IZMmrFwxbA

jefelectric

Renovo PPR said:
I didn’t even think about you being in Elizabethtown. I was only in town for a few days and spent most of it in class. That was my first trip to Strasburg; I spent most of my time photographing some of the farms in the evening after stopping for a boring dinner at the BK on route 30. I could have had a dinner partner for the Stockyard Inn if I thought about you.

I might be back in the summer for a trip to Messick if they work me a good deal on a NH front-end loader. I picked up 800 onion plants today and hilled them in the snow. I hate to loose market weight beef cows but that is life. The farm is a full time second job that comes after my day job. Well then again I just got back in the house tonight so I guess it takes more hours than my day job too.

[FONT=&quot]We had a lot of snow flurries for the past two days and the cold weather is making a chore out of greasing the implements. I guess I just looking forward to turning some ground. For some reason that is my favorite thing to do in the spring.[/FONT]

Renovo, My Daughter in law works at Messick's part time (almost full time). She handles most of the internet & phone parts orders. If you ever talked to Sharon, that is her. She can not only sell you parts, but also tell you how to install them. I'll send message with phone number for next visit.

Good morning to everyone,

We went to early church and will be going to son & DIL's for dinner. Whole family except for daughter in CO will be there.

oldtanker

Afternoon everyone.......was about 16 here this morning......too darn cold for the easterbunny......

I thought that it was cause the south suckssign1 that all this cold air got pulled down here from the artic circle......sign1 :D

Have a great afternoon all

Rick

Alan d Lambert

I'm not sure about that, but we needed this cold weather. Now it means we have less bugs to nag us which means less spraying to control the little suckers. Still working on my S gauge layout plans. 5x9 with the capability to go bigger for local train shows. I'm thinking of having both AC and DC/DCC power hookups so that I can show old stuff and what is new so that the LHS's will have aneed to start stocking S products. I have the hobby shops , but they don't want to carry the overhead. It is easy to find n;ho;Lionel 027;g ,but for S gauge I'm having to go internet and order or wait for train shows and hope that what I'm looking for is there. Most of the time I still have to order what I need
SNOW LEFT BUT THE COLD IS STILL HERE. Sure looked like we were going to get some to stick around for Easter but thankfully it didn't
Yall have a good week and play trains when you can.
Alan d Lambert

steamhead

A late "Happy Easter" to all..!! Cold and drizzly down here in the Tip o' Texas. Not Easter weather by any means...Tom, that's a great Easter Train...! Thanks for sharing.
Stay warm...

oldtanker

Morning everyone. Busy week ahead, working on the house today, VA appt tomorrow. Then more house work, gotta finish the house work (at least the dirty tear out part) cause I bought my track and roadbed. Don't want to lay that out till most of the dust is out of the air....only have 2 walls and a ceiling left tot tear out!

Have a great day!

Rick

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Wife and MIL are going to Wilmington. Youngest went to hospital early this AM and they sent her home. Probably be Granddad by night or midnight. Typing from laptop in livingroom and wife has changed TV from fishing to women running thier mouths. :cry: announce1 :rolleyes:
Going to run trains as still chilly for this time of the year [setting record lows at night].
Later

Status
Not open for further replies.