Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefelectric

Afternoon all,

You guys are making me hungry for grits, maybe I will have Cheese Grits for Lunch.

Madhatter, looks like some serious train watching is on the agenda. Enjoy.

Take care,

Torpedo

jefelectric said:
You guys are making me hungry for grits, maybe I will have Cheese Grits for Lunch.

Bleah! When my wife microwaves that stuff, I have to leave the kitchen or risk my breakfast leaving me. :p

Gil Finn

oldtanker said:
Grits are a waste of corn that could be used much better to get pigs and cattle ready to put real food on the table like steaks and chops!!!!sign1

Rick

You seeing an shortages of pork or beef where you live?

That stuff will clog your viens and kill you.

Corn..makes bread and muffins, batter, pone, biofuel and of course whiskey.aussie

jefelectric

Torpedo said:
Bleah! When my wife microwaves that stuff, I have to leave the kitchen or risk my breakfast leaving me. :p

They were gooood too! :) :thumb: :D

Had artery clogging burgers this evening, fed the three grandkids, so had to have a kid friendly meal.

oldtanker

LOL corn makes chops, ribs and steaks! Whiskey too!

Sorry guys but I got fed cold lumpy oatmeal for breakfast 6 for months while staying with a farm family while I was 16. Don't eat "hot" cereals anymore!

Morning all, taking grandsons to preschool this morning. Going to try to finish the tear out on one room this afternoon.

Have a great day all!

Rick

Torpedo

My introduction to grits was mess hall #5 at Keesler AFB in Mississippi. During the year I was stationed there, I saw oatmeal exactly once. The rest of the year, it was grits and SOS, two things I came to loathe. And watching some guy kill a rat as it ran across the serving line didn't help my appetite one bit. :curse:

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.
For me, grits are the biggest appetite killer I know of. I never have liked them.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/29/2007
Live Conditions 8:19 AM

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 69°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph SSE

Your Local Forecast

Today
today.gif

High: 82 Patchy dense fog in the morning...becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 10 mph.

Tonight
tonight.gif

Low: 62 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Da N Gauger die Ehren heute hat, werde ich seine Kreditkarte heute benutzen.

Töten Sie die Kreditkarte, Jungen!

omelet.jpg

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Us Eastern farmers like a nice hot meal in the morning. The only time we have grits is when we have relations come that we want to go back home real soon. Other than that the hogs like grits. :)

Torpedo

Renovo PPR said:
Us Eastern farmers like a nice hot meal in the morning. The only time we have grits is when we have relations come that we want to go back home real soon. Other than that the hogs like grits. :)
ROFL :D:D:D:D

Gil Finn

Renovo PPR said:

Grits have to better than that fried tripe called scpple all you Yankees eat in the key Stone statepeasoup

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Gil Finn said:
Grits have to better than that fried tripe called scpple all you Yankees eat in the key Stone statepeasoup
Oh yeah!! it's better :) :) But you can get Scrapple at every corner almost..... Grits are a might harder to find :( :(

oldtanker

Everyone in every area of the country had some off the wall stuff they call food. Up here in the nord country they pickle fish and soak others in lye.....they also take perfectly good potatoes, mash em, roll em flat and thin....dry fry em and put sugar and other crap on em....darn Norwegians....take good mased taters, just begging for butter or gravey and just ruin em!

I don't eat that junk either!

Rick

Chief Eagles

jefelectric said:
Afternoon all,

Madhatter, looks like some serious train watching is on the agenda. Enjoy.

Take care,

See, there are good Yankees too. :thumb: John is one of the great ones. Got a great layout and farm too. Any you Yanks that don't know about GRITS, send me an email and your address. You'll get GRITS.

Down in sunny and beautiful Orlando FL. Sure is a big difference from last weekend in PA. :rolleyes: Microwave popcorn time.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
What could be wrong with the edible offal made from the stomach of various domestic animals? Lets not forget good old fashion head cheese (souse) either. That is what you feed your mother in law when she comes for a visit.:wave:

[FONT=&quot]However I’m just a plain egg, sausage and potato man myself.

My oldest daughter had her first track meet yesterday. She ran the 100 meter sprint. She was 5 feet from the finish line leading by nice margin and she fell. She would of broke the school record but instead managed to pick her self up to take last place. I don't ever think I felt so bad in all of my life. Freshman Jitters I guess. In any event I'm still a very proud dad. announce1
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.