Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

They were gooood too! :) :thumb: :D

Had artery clogging burgers this evening, fed the three grandkids, so had to have a kid friendly meal.
  2. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

'Ata boy...John...!!! :thumb:
  3. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

LOL corn makes chops, ribs and steaks! Whiskey too!

Sorry guys but I got fed cold lumpy oatmeal for breakfast 6 for months while staying with a farm family while I was 16. Don't eat "hot" cereals anymore!

Morning all, taking grandsons to preschool this morning. Going to try to finish the tear out on one room this afternoon.

Have a great day all!

4. Torpedo

Torpedo Member

My introduction to grits was mess hall #5 at Keesler AFB in Mississippi. During the year I was stationed there, I saw oatmeal exactly once. The rest of the year, it was grits and SOS, two things I came to loathe. And watching some guy kill a rat as it ran across the serving line didn't help my appetite one bit. :curse:
  5. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.
    For me, grits are the biggest appetite killer I know of. I never have liked them.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/29/2007
    Live Conditions 8:19 AM

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 69°F
    Humidity: 84%
    Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
    High: 70°F
    Low: 66°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 9mph SSE

Your Local Forecast

High: 82 Patchy dense fog in the morning...becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 10 mph.

Low: 62 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Da N Gauger die Ehren heute hat, werde ich seine Kreditkarte heute benutzen.

Töten Sie die Kreditkarte, Jungen!

6. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Grits like beer is more than a breakast food.
  7. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Us Eastern farmers like a nice hot meal in the morning. The only time we have grits is when we have relations come that we want to go back home real soon. Other than that the hogs like grits. :)
  8. Torpedo

Torpedo Member

ROFL :D:D:D:D
  9. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Grits have to better than that fried tripe called scpple all you Yankees eat in the key Stone statepeasoup
  10. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Oh yeah!! it's better :) :) But you can get Scrapple at every corner almost..... Grits are a might harder to find :( :(
  11. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Everyone in every area of the country had some off the wall stuff they call food. Up here in the nord country they pickle fish and soak others in lye.....they also take perfectly good potatoes, mash em, roll em flat and thin....dry fry em and put sugar and other crap on em....darn Norwegians....take good mased taters, just begging for butter or gravey and just ruin em!

I don't eat that junk either!

12. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

See, there are good Yankees too. :thumb: John is one of the great ones. Got a great layout and farm too. Any you Yanks that don't know about GRITS, send me an email and your address. You'll get GRITS.

Down in sunny and beautiful Orlando FL. Sure is a big difference from last weekend in PA. :rolleyes: Microwave popcorn time.
  13. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Hey guys,

Not much to report here, except I have something due by at least tomorow that will BE THE BEGINING OF A NEW AGE!!!!!!11!!(for my model layout, that is:D) and lastly: watch this kid, he's amazing!:

14. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Jezzze Rick I just had a mid nite snackpeasoup

Lye??? My grandma made soap out of that stuff.:oops:

15. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. In Orlando and tons of kids on spring break. Glad the store is in the other direction. Later.
  16. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

What could be wrong with the edible offal made from the stomach of various domestic animals? Lets not forget good old fashion head cheese (souse) either. That is what you feed your mother in law when she comes for a visit.:wave:

[FONT=&quot]However I’m just a plain egg, sausage and potato man myself.

My oldest daughter had her first track meet yesterday. She ran the 100 meter sprint. She was 5 feet from the finish line leading by nice margin and she fell. She would of broke the school record but instead managed to pick her self up to take last place. I don't ever think I felt so bad in all of my life. Freshman Jitters I guess. In any event I'm still a very proud dad. announce1
  17. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

That is unfortuate, she could have simply streched out and won it maybe.

Ever eat chitl'ns?
  18. Torpedo

Torpedo Member

No, I like my mother-in-law. My father-in-law, on the other hand........ :D
  19. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

cnwman that kids got some great reflexes. Nice to see a kid doing something physical instead of just sitting there playing videos sitting on there butts.
  20. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Lets award her a blue ribbon for striving to compete.balloon6 :cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.