Buck Rogers Thunderfighter mods

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Jan 4, 2011.

1. dlazarus6660

dlazarus6660 New Member

What your saying

So RB,

Martin has agreed to release all versions?

2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Well that just so excellent!! I will be following this ery closely, and R.B., thanks for the heads up!:thumb:
  3. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Martin has not agreed to anything yet. Revell-fan still need to present the project to Martin for his "OK". He will do that once we have everything ready. (i.e. all test builds are finished and all of the bugs are worked out and there are full instructions for all variants). Once Martin gives his"OK", we will release them for all to build and have fun with.
  4. Rhaven Blaack

Right now, Revell-fan is working on the instructions for all of the variants. I have finished testing all of the key components for the HBB-TF. I have not finished the full model, but the key components have been tested and work just fine. I have told Revell-fan to go ahead and finish the instructions for the HBB-TF as well as the whole project so it can be presented to Martin Saenger for approval. Once I have completely finiswhed my model, I will post photos.
    So it should not be too long before you can build these models.
  5. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Just have to ask... Any progress on the cockpits for these beauties?
  6. Rhaven Blaack

We have not dropped the cockpit interiors. I have sent Revell-fan the plans for the cockpit interiors to do the clean-up and texturing. Once that is finished the we will test build them and if everything is OK, we will release them as well.
  7. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Whoohoo! Thanks RB
  8. Rhaven Blaack

Hbb-tf is finally finished!!!

Well ladies and gentlemen,

I have finally finished the HBB-TF. As you can see, I made the QUAD variant. Reason for being, Revell-fan did include parts for the QUAD and has already built the two-seater. So here is the QUAD HBB-TF

I have sent Revell-fan the photos to be included in the instructions to illustrate that both can be built and parts for both will be included in the packet.

All of the parts were easy to assemble and everything was very straight forward. I had no problems with the build.

The next step, now is for Revell-fan to send all of the packets to Martin Saenger for approval. In the meantime, Revell-fan and I will be working on the cockpit interiors for both the two-seater and four-seater. Like I said earier, I have sent the parts sheets to Revell-fan for clean-up, texture and colour. Once that is done and we have tested them, we can add those to the list of "EXTRA PARTS".

9. dlazarus6660

dlazarus6660 New Member

Thats all I can say!
  10. Rhaven Blaack

You are more the welcome my friend. :mrgreen:
  11. Rhaven Blaack

My next build will be the two-seater HBB-TF to finish off my curent collection, but there are a few other (real life) things that I have to take care of first.
    Once the DJ-TF is released, I will build that one as well.
    I may not do a build thread on these models, but I will post photos of course.

Revell-fan and I will continue to update all of you on our prgress with this and other related project that are relavent to this (project) thread. So please stay tuned. ;)
  12. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Cockpits are doing fine! I'm revising the shape of some parts so that they fit better. In addition, I have melted some parts to decrease the number of parts. Stay tuned!:wave:
  13. Revell-Fan

Good work, RB! :thumb: That's exactly what makes all of this interesting: mixing and matching it all together. This is exactly the Apogee / ILM / Universal Hartland way. In the old days they invented a name for that: kit-bashing.

I have completed the assembly instructions and have sent them to RB to see if there are any gaps or mistakes. Once I get his report I send the whole package to Martin. And then we'll see if HE likes it..! :twisted:

Oh, and here is a sneak peak at the RMQ Concept Viper. This time I am working with SketchUp assistance. However, I fear that this and the cockpits will need a bit more time since I was whipped back on track to get the Colonial blaster ready. Stay tuned! :wave:

Attached Files:

Rhaven Blaack likes this.
  14. Rhaven Blaack

Thank you RF.
    I am very familiar with the term "KIT-BASHING" ;)
    When I first started building models, I would save the extra parts and once I had enough to "play with", I would put them together and see what I came up with. Sometimes it was a cool outcome, sometimes it was not so cool. I learned quite a bit from kit-bashing.

I am quite interested to see just how the RMQ Concept Viper turns out.
  15. Revell-Fan

I'm sure people will like it! :thumb:
  16. dlazarus6660

dlazarus6660 New Member

I am quite interested to see just how the RMQ Concept Viper turns out.[/QUOTE]

Got a pic of the RMQ Viper?:wave:
  17. Rhaven Blaack

Got a pic of the RMQ Viper?:wave:[/QUOTE]

Here are two pics that show what it (generally) looks like.

With the work that Revell-fan does, I am very curtain that the model will be TOP-NOTCH.
  18. Revell-Fan

I've just sent the package to Martin. Keep your fingers crossed!!!
  19. dlazarus6660

dlazarus6660 New Member

Should have sent him a few Euros for good measure!:mrgreen:
  20. Rhaven Blaack

I am keeping my fingers crossed and greatly awaiting the news of the "approval" from Martin.