Buck Rogers Thunderfighter mods

ThunderChild

RF, you have made me one happy camper! :D Been holding off building any of the models until I can get this masterpiece added to the list. Great job so far, the textures look great!

Z

Zathros

I am in awe of the ability you guys have displayed in your model designing. it is excellent!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I have to say that this cockpit interior looks far better then the one that I originally designed. I like it better then my own.
I like the detailed texturing. It looks really good.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I have finished the beta build of the two-seat cockpit interior. Even thought everything works well, there are a few adjustments that have to be made.
I have conveyed these adjustments to Revell-fan for correction.

Pleasse stay tuned to your local channel for more updates.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Update

Greetings to one and all,

I am sorry that there has not been an update in quite awhile. so here it is.

I have just finished the test build of the two-seat cockpit interior and have created placement parts for it. I have sent everything to Revell-Fan for clean up and adjustments. Last I spoke with him, he was working on the four-seat cockpit interior.

I am sorry that there are no photos, but I seem to be having problems uploading them. I have contacted Ekuth and told him of this. Hopefully, we will have photos soon.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, fans! The first (white) version of the quad cockpit interior will be ready soon. I'll pass all parts onto RB for technical and creative advice and support. I hope that everything fits!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
UPDATE and PREVIEW

I have finished test building the cockpit interiors and have sent RF my finding, thoughts ans suggestions. Here is a little preview of things to come.

DSCN4619.jpg

I am now starting on placement parts for both fighters.
I am working on the single/two-seat variant first.

RF has crammed as much detail as possible while keeping it simple and easy to build.

So please be patient. We are still working to get these kits out to all of you.

Just remember, good things come to those who wait.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Update!!!

I have finished the initial test build of the single/two seat cockpit interior placement parts. I have sent all parts to Revell-Fan for final test build, correction, clean-up, and texture.
Here are a few photos for your viewing pleasure.

DSCN4646.jpg

DSCN4647.jpg

DSCN4648.jpg

DSCN4649.jpg

ENJOY!!!

paperquestor

HB Buck

I went through your posting on your construction, very well done btw, I maybe missed it, but what paper materials did you use? What was the final weight of the model when you finished it?

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I went through your posting on your construction, very well done btw, I maybe missed it, but what paper materials did you use? What was the final weight of the model when you finished it?

Thank you for the kind words. For the most part, the model is very straight forward (if you pay attention to the instructions). Granted, there are a few slightly tricky areas, but like I said, if you pay attention to the instructions, you should not have any real problems.

I am not certain of the final weight of the model, but i can tell you that the weight of the paper itself is 250 g/m2 cardstock (this is what I have right at this time). Although, the creator of the original model (Martin Saenger) suggest to use 160 g/m2.

So when can we see your build thread?

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Very sweet RB! Looks great so far!

Thank you. I am enjoying the builds.

I am now working on the QUAD placement parts.
The QUAD is posing a few problems and challenges (but not really anything that I can not handle).

Moe photos will come soon.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for the kind words. For the most part, the model is very straight forward (if you pay attention to the instructions). Granted, there are a few slightly tricky areas, but like I said, if you pay attention to the instructions, you should not have any real problems.

I am not certain of the final weight of the model, but i can tell you that the weight of the paper itself is 250 g/m2 cardstock (this is what I have right at this time). Although, the creator of the original model (Martin Saenger) suggest to use 160 g/m2.

So when can we see your build thread?
Yep, I use 160 g/m2 for all my builds.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Finished initial test build of quad cockpit interior placement parts

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I have finished the initial test build of the QUAD cockpit placement parts.
I have sent everything to Revell-fan for final testing, clean up, and texture.
Once he is done, he will send everything to Martin Saenger for approval and hosting on his website.
Hopefully it will not take too long.

DSCN4678.jpg DSCN4679.jpg DSCN4680.jpg DSCN4681.jpg

ENJOY!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RB: Holy cow, that's fantastic! The cockpit interiors fit into the original design as if they had always been part of the original kit. Congratulations on this one! :inw:

I am currently working on the assembly instructions and the layout of the parts pages.

I have recoloured the original plans to make the TF in New BSG colours and will add the cockpit interior and the landing gear to it. So stay tuned! :wave:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
RB: Holy cow, that's fantastic! The cockpit interiors fit into the original design as if they had always been part of the original kit. Congratulations on this one! :inw:

I am currently working on the assembly instructions and the layout of the parts pages.

I have recoloured the original plans to make the TF in New BSG colours and will add the cockpit interior and the landing gear to it. So stay tuned! :wave:

Thank you. It did take some doing. It was an effort of trial and error. I had to use quite a bit of MK-1 EYE-BALL to make certain that everything would fit.
It was also a team effort. Without you redesigning my original concept, I do not think that this would have worked out as well as it did.
So with that being said, You also get deserve a great deal of credit for this project as well.

I am looking forward to seeing this next project.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you. It did take some doing. It was an effort of trial and error. I had to use quite a bit of MK-1 EYE-BALL to make certain that everything would fit.
It was also a team effort. Without you redesigning my original concept, I do not think that this would have worked out as well as it did.
So with that being said, You also get deserve a great deal of credit for this project as well.

I am looking forward to seeing this next project.
:eek:ops::eek:ops::eek:ops:

You are always welcome!