Buck Rogers Thunderfighter mods

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Jan 4, 2011.

1. oriod01

oriod01 Member

Some people have no empathy or consideration whatsoever. Something she fails to consider is that it isn't 'just paper', it's time. Several hours of your life you'll never get back. I wonder how much an hour is worth to her? It is obvious where her son gets his lack of respect, empathy, and boundries. It wouldn't matter if it was 'just paper', it is yours, and not her's to give away and not her son's to tear up. Sheesh, some people. :curse:
  2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Well like I said before, I am just going to put this whole thing behind me and move on, and when (and if) they come over again, I will make curtain that my models are safe and "OFF LIMITS" to both her and her son.

I am now concentrating on the projects at hand. I want to get these models finished so all of you that have been following this thread can build them soon.

Once Revell-fan and I have finished this project (and Martin Saenger gives his "OK"), all of you will be able to build some really OUTSTANDING models, and even mix and match the parts to come up with your own creations. There will be four main (two-seater) variants and the QUAD, but you can also make any of the two-seater variants into a QUAD if you wish.
  3. Patron_zero

Patron_zero Member

Thunderfighter Mods - TBD Variant

Before I diverse may I say most excellent models and many thanks for sharing such with the board. applause and kudos well deserved and delivered.

What I can to toss out is has anyone considered a variant of the four-seater T-fighter to have the rear passenger area reworked to allow a low-profile manned gun turret be fitted ?

Think of said turret much like the Bendix 250CE electric turret on a WWII-era bombers or WWII fighter-bombers, the Northrop P-61 Black Widow's slick upper barbette as an example.

Too easy seeing everyone's favorite 'ambiquad' as the gunner or if not reaching too far, a dedicated squadron of so-equipped and modified T-fighters carrying out black-ops missions.
  4. Rhaven Blaack

In all actuality, I have been playing with that idea, except it would be more along the lines of the tail gun on the Hammer-head fighter from "Space Above and Beyond", or something similar.
    I am currently working on another design at the moment and have in fact been playing around with that very idea. I will not say too much about it though. It is still in the R&D stage. I will also have to confer with my co-conspirator on this.

In the mean time, I am still forging ahead with the MK-III advance. I should be done soon.
  5. Kjev

Kjev Member

Hmmm... I think I see the root of the problem here. At least this would explain why their six year old is a bona fide heathen. Just to compare (and brag) a little, I have a newly-turned 5-year old whose own paper models (he had 3) lasted for more than a year of playing. Yes, there were some times they were down for repair, but for the most part, he's really good with them. Why? Because we taught him RESPECT. And "When you break it, it's gone."

Not to hijack the thread at all, because I truly commiserate with you, but it sounds like Big Momma could learn a little respect for others and their things herself. Her reply of "it's only paper. You can build another," not only shows an insane amount of ignorance about making anything, but her general selfishness and disregard for other people. This is just me, but I don't think I'd have them over for dinner anymore if I was you.

Sorry for the Anne Landers moment. We now return you to your regular modeling.
  6. Rhaven Blaack

Finally finished

Greetings ladies and gentlemen,

I have finally finished my MK-III Advance. I am very proud to present the photos for your viewing pleasure.
    I did not have any problems with the parts. Everything was very straightforward and easy to assemble.

In the last "GROUP" photo, yes I did include both the "proof of concept" build and scratch build just to show my (ever growing) squadron to-date.

I will be starting on the HBB-TF next.

7. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Come a long way since that first one... stunning stuff! :thumb:
  8. dlazarus6660

dlazarus6660 New Member

Great Models!

Can't wait to see the new mod's! How soon?

9. Rhaven Blaack

I have two more to test build, then we need to get the "OK" from Martin Saenger. After that, we can release them.
    Please be patient.
  10. dlazarus6660

dlazarus6660 New Member

I can't....

I can't, I can't, I can't! (Stomping feet on the floor):wave:
    I'll hold my breath!:mrgreen:
  11. vaderman1701

vaderman1701 New Member

It's hard to believe that these are paper models. At first glance they look like plastic kits.
  12. Rhaven Blaack

Thank you one and all for the kind words and encouragement on this project.
  13. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Fleeing from the mother and child tyranny, the last surviving Tunderfighter, the Mk. III Advanced, leads a rag-tag EDD fleet on a lonely quest - a shining download site known as www.paperaviation.de!

Hello, folks! To all of you who might think I was absolutely untouched by RB's devastating experience: we are both engaged in constant e-mail contact and I have already expressed my deepest sympathies to him. Oriod01: I have to fully agree with you when you say that TIME is the essence here. I couldn't have said it better. Thank Goodness all my friends treat my builds very carefully (even though only few of them share my enthusiasm about this hobby). Life offers many surprises to each and everyone of us, and this was a very unpleasant one. The fact that it could have been prevented makes it even more peculiar. In Russia they call it "Sooch-Bah", in India it is "Kismet", in Germany we say "Es hat nicht sollen sein"... At least we now know that it is not only the Draconians and Cylons we should be aware of.

Well, then, I am preparing the assembly instructions for all the fighters we now have, and when RB has finished the last test builds, I will contact Martin again and ask him to upload the parts.

CU! :wave:

Oh, and RB: GREAT BUILD! It's good to know you had no problems with it.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
  14. Rhaven Blaack

Another good thing about this overall project is that for all of you who love to add even more detail (I do not need to give any names, of course ;-)), you will have all of the opportunity to do so. Not only that, but you can mix and match any of the parts to make what ever kind of plane you can imagine.
    The good thing about the TF, is that it lends itself to all kinds of modifications and add-ons. There is so much you can do with it. Your only limitation truly is your own imagination.
    With that being said, (once we are able to release everything) I am looking forward to seeing all kinds of cool and interesting TFs for all of you.
  15. dlazarus6660

dlazarus6660 New Member

Imagination, that's from an old Carly Simon song, "It's making me wait".sign1
    Names! We want names! A little finger pointing too!:p

Anyway, I can't wait. And while your at it, try talking whats-his-name to add the BSG version of the TF.
    (aint he silly?):rolleyes:
  16. oriod01

oriod01 Member

Considering all the versions covered here, it would seem incomplete and a shame for the BSG paint scheme to not be included. Especially considering that the Thunderfighter was originally designed as a Viper first. The nice thing about paper models is that we have the opportunity to see many great prototypes that otherwise would not be available as a model kit.

That said, this is an awesome offering... and like everyone else the anticipation is killing me! :thumb:
  17. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

It's Martin's call weather he wants to add the BSG colored model or not. The original model came from him, and it is his website.
    I'm just thankful to him for hosting my warhawk model next to the thunderfighter and extremely grateful that he is willing to allow most of these excellent additions.
    Great job guys! :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  18. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

That's right, TC. However, recolouring the plans isn't that difficult. All you need is The Gimp and a bit patience. I think the most important part is to get all the additional parts ready so that you can have your own squadron. Then everyone may recolour his/her kits according to his/her needs and wishes. And then sky's the limit.
  19. Zathros

Zathros Guest

This is one awesome model. I almost missed it. The Sci-Fi section here is hoppin;. Can't wait to see this one released!
  20. Rhaven Blaack

It will not just be one that will be released, but there will be a few that will be released.
    You will be able to make all of the canon TFs, or mix and match a plethora of different parts to make your own TF.