Buck Rogers Thunderfighter mods

dlazarus6660

See...

See, I told you the Euros would work!:rolleyes::p

Kidding!

They look great!

Now do I build a new model or just add on the existing model?

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
See, I told you the Euros would work!:rolleyes::p

Kidding!

They look great!

Now do I build a new model or just add on the existing model?

Yes, you do need to download the original model and what ever expantion packet you wish to build the model that you want.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi, fellas! :twisted:

I am revising the cockpit interiors right now. I think we might release both the 2- and the 4-seater cockpits in one file. So we could combine the assembly instructions and save space.

BTW, has anybody of you built a custom TF yet? Please post some pics, RB and I are curious to see it! CU! :wave:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I just finished moving (which is a task that I really hate).wall1wall1wall1
In my off time though, I was able to finish the DJ-TF and the HBB-TF. I am also rebuilding the MK-III RETRO. I am very sorry that I am not posting photos now, but I do not have internet at home yet, so I have to use the library computer and I do not see any USB ports on the tower.wall1 So as soon as I am able to get internet in my home, I will post photos.

Like Revell-fan said, we would really like to see all of your custom creations .

Kjev

Thank you. I (along with everyone else) really appreciate all the time and work you put into this. I hope we can do you proud.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I have finished all of the birds (all were very easy to build.) and will be posting photos soon.
I also made a stand that will hold two models (one on top of the other). I wll include photos of it as well.

BTW, has anyone started on any of the models yet? If so, please post photos of your work.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have finished all of the birds (all were very easy to build.) and will be posting photos soon.
I also made a stand that will hold two models (one on top of the other). I wll include photos of it as well.

BTW, has anyone started on any of the models yet? If so, please post photos of your work.
Oh yes, please, show us your birds!!!! (You may do some recolouring, too!)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Mk-iii retro tf

I have rebuilt the MK-III RETRO TF.

Here are the photos for your viewing pleasure.

DSCN4505.jpg

DSCN4506.jpg

DSCN4507.jpg

DSCN4508.jpg

ENJOY!!!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
David jones tf

Here is the "David Jones Thunder Fighter" that Revell-fan created based on the concept painting that was done for the original BSG series.
It was a very easy build. Not to different from the original model.

DSCN4509.jpg

DSCN4510.jpg

DSCN4512.jpg

DSCN4513.jpg

ENJOY!!!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
(two-seater) hbb-tf

Here is the (two-seater) "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUCK" Thunder Fighter.

DSCN4514.jpg

DSCN4515.jpg

DSCN4516.jpg

DSCN4517.jpg

ENJOY!!!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Display stand and squadron photos

Here is a display stand that I designed to hold two TF's (so that way, I have more shelf space :twisted:.)

DSCN4519.jpg

DSCN4520.jpg

Here is my squadron on display.:twisted:

DSCN4522.jpg

ENJOY!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, RB! Nice to see you back! Your builds are great, and the squadron shot is simply amazing! :thumb::thumb::thumb: The stand idea is top-notch, too. I guess it could be extended to carry three TFs.

One tip: Put a transparent cover in front of your cupboard so that the models are safe from dust. CU soon with some updates! :wave:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Hello, RB! Nice to see you back! Your builds are great, and the squadron shot is simply amazing! :thumb::thumb::thumb: The stand idea is top-notch, too. I guess it could be extended to carry three TFs.

One tip: Put a transparent cover in front of your cupboard so that the models are safe from dust. CU soon with some updates! :wave:

Thank you, it is good to be back.:wave:
The stand could be modified to hold as many as you really wanted :twisted:(with in reason, of course).
I thought about putting a cover up, but shelves are too narrow and the noses of the fighters stick out way too far for me to do that.wall1

Looking forward to seeing the updates!!!

Z

Zathros

I would Insure that collection! My son is yelling "build it build it" into my ear! Beautiful work!!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I would Insure that collection! My son is yelling "build it build it" into my ear! Beautiful work!!

I have thought about that, but I guess that is the cool thing about paper modeling, (if you have the model saved in your computer or on an external hard drive) you can always rebuild ir, if something happens to it.
For me, I get more enjoyment out of building the model then I do the model itself. I have always been the type of person who would build a model, and then give it away, and then go and build another one, just for the sake of building another.

BTW, is your son old enough to start building? if so, teach him how to do it and have him build you models.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, friends! Here is a little update on the cockpit interiors. I revised and cleaned-up RB's plans and built a SketchUp model for easy and quick edit. After unfolding I textured the parts according to several screenshots from the show. Most panel parts were rebuild in CorelDRAW so that I got a crisp and clean scalable image of the cockpit instruments. Even at this small scale everything is sharp. I am now waiting for RB's Okay and have started work on the quad interior. CU!:wave:

Attachments

• tfc1.JPG
    tfc1.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 17
  • tfc2.JPG
    tfc2.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 11
  • tfc3.JPG
    tfc3.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 12
  • tfc4.JPG
    tfc4.JPG