USS Sulaco / Aliens

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Alien99, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Alien99

Alien99 Papercraft Member

from now on the PROJECT SULACO: THE BUILDING OF THE BEAST:mrgreen:
    has fully started.

[​IMG] ...first part of this huge project is release of the tiny dropship 1:430.....:thumb:
    here it is guys :mrgreen: natural step can be the interior of the pressure chamber as addon of the sulaco papercraft:twisted:

more soon...i hope:thumb:
  2. Yeeeehaaaaaa! bounce7:wave7:
  3. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Awesome ... I feel like a criminal pulling something from rapidshare though.

5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I noticed that the model parts come near to the edge of the sheet.

Will the Sulaco parts be close to the sheet's edge as well? This will be an issue with North American builders with 8.5" x 11" standard printers.
  6. hawkman67

hawkman67 Member

Way Cool A pair of mini Dropships, can do a whole bay full and in not a lot of room!
  7. SMWulph

SMWulph New Member

Here Here. I second this concern too.
  8. SMWulph

SMWulph New Member

Ok a semi-odd request..
    I need a picture of the dropship bay as if you were standing directly below it looking up at it. Would also need pictures of the drop doors too, inner and outer skin..
    Can anyone guess what I'm up too? ;)
  9. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Well, here's mine. How's everyone else going?

I lost a bit off the edges even when printing on A4, nothing critical though. printed on 160gsm, as with no tabs it needs a bit of strength. Only problem encountered was the side/missile pods coved the front of the '01' on the sides, that and its REALLY small.............

...sorry about the really dark picture. I'll try to remedy that shortly.
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

You build this in paper or card?
  11. jeanma

jeanma New Member

yahoouuuuuu !!!
    Thank you !!!
  12. BradAmeerBeg

BradAmeerBeg Member

Mousemuffins: This is weird, it's greener in person, but quite brown-yellow in that phottorgraff! :p
  13. Alien99

Thanks for positive reactions :thumb:

Mousemuffins1: Nice clean fast build....great jobsign1
    Stev0: M using card stock 160g/m2:rolleyes:

SMWulph wrote
    For what u need this?...:eek::rolleyes:

at first some facts: I´ve printed the Tiny Dropship into 160g/m2 card stock paper. This material (paper) is on the edge of comfortable work,
    but the result is more durable.:thumb:
    As it was written above the PDF document represents the style of future look of the Uss Sulaco.
    The pdf is like bitmap or jpg format. ( the parts of the model are on the whole place without white area)
    If you will print this pdf file ( always with fit to page feature on:twisted:), your printer will downscale this sheet (onto 94% mostly) and add non printable area (9~12 mm white edge).
    I´ve calculated with 12mm in Pepacura Designer....My printer is making 9mm the final model of the dropship is 6.2cm long instead of 6cm (in my case).

It´s not too bad...from 1.7meter will be means that i will have my sulaco 5 centimeters longer. that means 1:418 scale....

But who cares : it doesn't matter what scale will you obtain, the inportant thing is print the sheets of the papercraft always with same printer settings...nothing more.:mrgreen:
  14. SMWulph

SMWulph New Member

*smiles* Sorry my oddball sense of humor comes out when it's late and I'm tired.
    I'd like to display the Dropship as is if it's being dropped from a launch bay 'installed' in the ceiling.
  15. tata

tata New Member

16. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Printed (89%), and will be building it tonight, as soon as I can find my teensy weensy tweezers.
  17. Alien99

u mean this?:thumb::twisted:

thats the whole thing about:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:...i wanted to do the hangar door open...because the dropship:mrgreen:....there will be two versions in the papecraft...hangar door closed and hangar door opened with that pressure "drop" chamber.....:thumb:

hmm....and what´s this?:confused::mrgreen:

something for the alien queen?:rolleyes::mrgreen:
  18. luciencarroll

luciencarroll Grand Poobah

there is no scale to measure your skill lvl
  19. Alien99

luciencarroll: Thanks, but if u will see the insane guys from poland with their 1500 pieces papercrafts :twisted:, i will be in the basement:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: progress....with tiny dropship and side plate with sulaco logo:thumb:

one flyby shot :cool::twisted:

look at that size.:eek:..that will be the real beast:twisted:....

more from PROJECT SULACO soon....
  20. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Jan, thank you for the pictures! I am awaiting the Sulaco's release! Excellent textures as usual!