USS Sulaco / Aliens

Paladin

Mar 2, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
This is for those of you who wondered about an APC for the 1:430 scale dropship!!
Just in case anyone is interested, I printed out the APC at about 1/12 the original size, along with 3 of the pages for the larger dropship. I used parts of the larger dropship in order to add the ramp, and extended landing gear. It works pretty good. The parts I printed out are a hair larger in scale than the 1:430 scale dropship Jan created for us.
And no, I did not do the interior of the dropship. I do have my limits people.:eek:

Attachments

• DSCN0490.jpg
    DSCN0490.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN0487.jpg
    DSCN0487.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 70

Hot4Darmat

Apr 15, 2007
Kingston, Ontario
Wow! OK, I think we have a winner. You're officially a super-elite club member. That's amazing. The additional details (ram scoops, pitot tube and landing gear) really look incredible. I'm really impressed by your skills, and a little concerned about your mental health ;)

Paladin

Mar 2, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
Thanks, I'll be sure to tell my psychiatrist:p
Here is that first pix again, sorry I couldn't get the marines in the picture, but they said they won't come out unless I stop using the flash on my camerasign1.

Attachments

• DSCN0490.jpg
    DSCN0490.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 59

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
This is for those of you who wondered about an APC for the 1:430 scale dropship!!
Just in case anyone is interested, I printed out the APC at about 1/12 the original size, along with 3 of the pages for the larger dropship. I used parts of the larger dropship in order to add the ramp, and extended landing gear. It works pretty good. The parts I printed out are a hair larger in scale than the 1:430 scale dropship Jan created for us.
And no, I did not do the interior of the dropship. I do have my limits people.:eek:

Mommy... Where do baby APC's come from???

Paladin

Mar 2, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
Well, I printed my APC out at about 1/12th the regular print size. I also printed the extra "detail" parts for the dropship the same way. I did what I could between my printer setup, and adobe setup to get a size that was compatible. I couldn't say this would work for everyone, but you get the idea. I often do this by first printing on regular paper, so as not to waste cardstock. Basically, I printed out the APC, varying the output size until the "chassis of the APC was just a tad smaller than the ramp on the 1:430 scale dropship. I did the same for the "detail" parts, using the ramp from the larger scale dropship, I printed the page out until the large scale ramp matched the 1:430 scale dropship. Note: they are very close, but not exact.

The APC was not really all that difficult since there aren't that many parts.

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
sweet, now once the sulaco is done we can add in a cut/away (or just pop in apeace of plexy) for the loading/drop bay.... brain seizing
now shrink the power loader hehehe

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
EXCELLENT WORK Paladin....so THAT´s beyond my limits..:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
.....really nice baby APC.:twisted:
(I have fat fingers and I´m not using the tweezers)....:p

I´ve printed some new parts, so I have work for a week guaranted.:rolleyes:

its a main body and bottom cover plates...

progress008.jpg

...more pics soon....if there will be more time...:curse:

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
Jaybats has a daedelus if you are interested, though I think Jan's would be bigger!!
:)
jaybats is nice and all but if jan made one you could blow it up to 1:1 and live in it and there would be a 302 parked in the hanger waiting for a joy ride. his skill lvl is just unmatched... when i die i think i want to be buried in one of jans sulaco's

davitch

Jan 10, 2009
Wichita, KS
jaybats is nice and all but if jan made one you could blow it up to 1:1 and live in it and there would be a 302 parked in the hanger waiting for a joy ride. his skill lvl is just unmatched... when i die i think i want to be buried in one of jans sulaco's

Yeah, that would be nice.

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
really lots of nice dropships here :thumb:

Im continuing in my building...the left botton cover plate is finished....making the front main body cubes :mrgreen:
....here is the progress...enjoy:twisted:

progress010.jpg

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
Oh my ghid, Jan; I am in high anticipation of this release! At 1.7 meters, it's just the size I wanted. Take that, Halcyon 1:1700 scale pencil-eraser! sign1

I think I shall have to try building that tiny dropship some time, and see if I can do it like Paladin did with his build. Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment. :roll: