USS Sulaco / Aliens

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Alien99, Feb 1, 2009.

1. oriod01

oriod01 Member

You hit on one of the key things that makes Jan (as well as uhu02) stand out from a lot of designers... discipline. Most, and understandably so, could not stick with something like this to the finish without taking a break from it for awhile. Working on one project like this can become tedious, and lose it's appeal if you don't take a 'breather', work on something less involving, and just get away from it for a little bit. Jan has discipline of steel to stay on track with this. :thumb:
  2. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

agreed on that point oridod, I'm in the process of trying to do a papermodel design and it is tough... I'm at the point of wanting to bang my head on the wall, I have had to take a break from it to get my thought together on it.
  3. dav123

dav123 New Member

Very Cool, Jan! :thumb:
  4. LordPuki

LordPuki New Member

In a word....... DAAAAAAAAMMMMNN!!!!!
  5. Ing. Spendlik

Ing. Spendlik Member

Happy Birthday Jan :)
  6. smelter273

smelter273 New Member

Can't wait until this is released.
  7. oriod01

oriod01 Member

Last time I felt this kind of anticipation was as a little kid right before Christmas. LOL
  8. :thumb: Well said!
  9. tarantula589

tarantula589 New Member

where're our friend Alien99?
  10. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Mybe helping those of us who are married, to figure out ways to convince our wives to let us build and display this masterpeice above the TV in the living room... and in fact allow us to make the living room into the greatest Scifi themed room in the world!!!
    Or is that just wishful thinking on my part??
  11. Alien99

Alien99 Papercraft Member

here I am. I had lots of work to do.wall1
    Instead of Sulaco model i must solved some other problems.:cool:
    My free "Alienspapercraft"web has no more capacity to hold such a project like sulaco. So i´ve decided to go to new hosthing (paid) with new domain name.
    Don´t worry Alienspapercraft will be still running, but sulaco model will be somewhere else.:rolleyes:
    The domain was paid yesterday....Creating functional web pages is other challenge.:confused:

The sulaco will be uploaded to the new server with pieces, because isn´t finished yet. The new web is priority No.1.:thumb:
    stay tuned :wave:
  12. oriod01

oriod01 Member

...and the excitement builds!
  13. Does this mean we will also be able to download it partially? That would be cool, because that way it would be possible to start the buildup of this behemoth - I`m pretty sure that you will be done with it before most of us will run out of parts... :cool:
  14. paperdemon

paperdemon New Member

Stunningly amzing. Period.

I found the Zealot-forum mainly because of this thread and I'm really anxious to see it completed some day. Hmm, I wonder how long it takes Rükr to complete his model, now that it's in the making for the better part of two years.
    Zosho wrote, his Romulan Warbird took him almost two years and it's way smaller than this gigantic thing.

Keep it up! :thumb:
  15. Alien99

Exactly :thumb:

It takes long time because of 8 commercial models I´ve created for our local magazine called ABC. my friend building one of them right here

If we take clear building time only will be almost one year :rolleyes:

16. You`re my hero!!! :cool:

by the way, this "D9" inspired robot looks very cool, too.
  17. KGC

KGC Member

Rükr Thanks for your work immensely, I think on behalf of everyone, and especially from me, you're great! :D
  18. oriod01

oriod01 Member

Forgive me Jan, this is not pressure, but like everyone else here I really love any tiny bit of info on this project that I can get... Not holding you to anything, but I was wondering if you have any estimated timetable on the website going up and the first release of templates? I know you are always very busy with so many things 'on your table' and realize any estimate would be just that, an estimate, and NOT a guarantee. Also curious (again an estimate) at what is the expected total size of all the files for this magnificent beast? Assuming your model is completely assembled... any new pics?
  19. Alien99

I thing that the pages will be running sometimes around x-mas. There is lots of work to do.wall1

I´m calculating total file size about 50Mb...but who knows...the model isn´t finished yet.wall1 is some progress done between my job and work on my web and for ABC magazine....there is really huge mountain of work...(I am a perfectionist and that is the problem) :mrgreen:.

The side cannons.

status of the web pages - UNDER CONSTRUCTION sign1

20. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

cool under construction picture :thumb: