USS Sulaco / Aliens

mick67

Oct 26, 2010
alsace
merci pour l'info.......................juste pour une autre info.....je vien de voir que la translate de mes poste se fait mal.............
alors............je veux juste préciser que ..."I' m happy for sulaco"

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
Ce n'est pas un problème, mais Marco a raison. Vous devez utiliser un programme de traduction. Ne vous inquiétez pas nous comprendre ce que vous dites. La plupart d'entre nous peut faire face aux problèmes liés à des programmes de traduction.

Noddy4000

Nov 2, 2010
Hello to all here. :wave:
Well, I'm new as anything to the world of paper craft but I am so, so impressed with what I have already seen done by those here. The range of possibilities using what can come out of a printer is just wow factor 9! :thumb:

Of all the stuff I've always wanted to see done in a decent scale, it's been the Aliens vehicles and most especially the stuff from the second film. Your build of the Sulaco is an absolute pleasure to follow, Jan. My compliments for a beautiful piece of work - and a serious amount of time and dedication to get it all done!

I'm also into armour, figures, all sorts so I'm going to go dive into stuff and have a look around.

Bigtiime

Nov 6, 2008
Richmond, Va.
Hello to all here. :wave:
Well, I'm new as anything to the world of paper craft but I am so, so impressed with what I have already seen done by those here. The range of possibilities using what can come out of a printer is just wow factor 9! :thumb:

Of all the stuff I've always wanted to see done in a decent scale, it's been the Aliens vehicles and most especially the stuff from the second film. Your build of the Sulaco is an absolute pleasure to follow, Jan. My compliments for a beautiful piece of work - and a serious amount of time and dedication to get it all done!

I'm also into armour, figures, all sorts so I'm going to go dive into stuff and have a look around.

Welcome to the "Rükr clan" Noddy! :wave:

Noddy4000

Nov 2, 2010
Thanks guys. :thumb:

I'm now trying to figure out if I can make enough space for a 'small group' of Aliens models...mmmm. :twisted:

stickyFingers

Oct 31, 2010
I saw this thread few days back, but i thought it was abandoned considering almost 2 years in making. But today I read all the way through. It is unbelivable project. However as most I have too small of a cave. Model would stick out from the doors and a window on the other side. Might have to scale it down if it is made available for public.

By the way Rukr, great job on the rifles. I am working on the Endo rifle right now (luckily this one fits in the house).

Great appreciation for all your efforts and excellent models.

Noddy4000

Nov 2, 2010
Some carefully placed, small LEDs for the navigation lights and for the Dropship's launch bay would really ice the cake. Plus the antennas? Mmmm, has me thinking now.

I do know I'm going to pay a visit to the local professional print emporium to see how much it will be for them to reproduce this stunner of a model, once it's available for download. Don't think my Canon iPI 1500 printer is up to doing it justice, at all.

mick67

Oct 26, 2010
alsace
i'm sorry for translate .because my inglish is very very small..............
for the moment i'm going make an effort

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
Hi guys,

in the creating of the pages I´ve found a marginal problem.:curse:

That problem is multi lingual pages.
I´m reating the whole web in specified program, that generates dynamic code - all the php , css stuff. so i have 3 options wall1

1. create one czech and one english project in that program, but there will be duplicated all the downloadable files and pictures, so it will takes double of space on the server.:cry:

2. leave only one project - in czech language (I´am right now) and other languages generate trough google tranlate. It´s easy way , but generated english is allmost unreadable, but for web browsing is this solution sufficient. It has one big PRO. I can make the whole web in many languages.:rolleyes:

(which english is readable MY or GOOGLE TRANSLATE? That´s the question)

3. Make a combine web. on the pages will be text in two languages. One part czech / one part english.....I used this solution on the intro page of Alienspapercraft

inro page of alienspapercraft

4. - ok there is fourth option. html duplication and code rewriting. This is painfull job and in this case is allmost impossible..so this is not the right way.:cry:

OK....what you think about it.....what suits you best?..Make a choice

I like the third solution:twisted:.....second is the easiest way....first needs more space:eek: and forth is awfull.:curse:

oriod01

Nov 16, 2009
The third solution sounds good, but ultimately the decision should be what works best for you. We are all just honored that you are making this masterpiece available to us. Thank you so much for all the effort you have already put into this.

Nowhere

Apr 4, 2007
I think #2 and #3 are o.k.
Make short notices so google can easier translate.
Many thanks for your big work. Respect.
Best regards
Olaf