Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jwhawk04, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Hello again! The pylon ring bridge and the engine block were revised so that they come closer to the ZOIC version. Some texture errors were corrected, too. All parts are standing by for final assembly. Stay tuned! :wave:

Attached Files:

2. Danscrew

Danscrew Danscrew

I Revell-fan,

Just one thing to say for your Colonial one....................WOW !

Can't waith to do mine.............

Have a nice life ! :wave:
    "So say we all"
  3. Revell-Fan

Colonial One standing by!

Hello again!

After one long year Colonial One is finally ready! She is a very fine ship and I was very excited to lay my hands on her. The textures are absolutely gorgeous. I am still wondering how the BSG ship pack team was able to create such beautiful and true-to-the-original models... Putting the single pieces together was a real joy. I literally celebrated each step of the (test-) build.

I have sent the whole package to ekuth so that it can be added to the download section. I hope that everybody gets the opportunity to build this beautiful model soon. Till then, enjoy the pics!

Attached Files:

4. Revell-Fan

Additional parts

Due to the original nature of this model it was imperative to design a suitable display stand. As you can see in the pics it has two sides. So you may show the model before or after the destruction of the colonies.
    In addition, I have added a little "decal" which makes Colonial One the official President's ship. This is a canon variant designed by ZOIC but has never made it to the screen.

Next in the line are the New Cylon Base Star (test-build in progress; thank you, Chris!:wave:) and the Colonial Movers (mesh and texture are still being tweaked).

Attached Files:

5. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

As always, you have done an OUTSTANDING and AMAZING job!!! An absolutely beautiful model. I like the the two sided stand, and the Presidential Seal gives it a good touch as well.
  6. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Beautiful model! Congrats!
  7. Danscrew

Danscrew Danscrew

Just one thing to say............... WOW ! and a BIG WOW !

Great work

For now, i'm preparing the parts of the colonial mover. I'm almost done. There is some small parts to fix and that's gone be ok I think. I just hope that I will find the time to finish it as soon as possible.

Have a nice life
    "So say we all"

Attached Files:

8. F131

F131 Member

Amazing work!
  9. Vermin_King

Vermin_King Member

Absolutely stunning
  10. pipin

pipin New Member

Fantastic model!
  11. scifimodelfan

scifimodelfan Member

Speechless here, beautiful.........
  12. Revell-Fan

WOW! Didn't think that anyone else would tackle her... :thumb:

However, as you might have noticed, the Colonial Movers from the ship pack is flawed. It has many texture errors (e. g. mirrored faces and wrong colours), wrong proportions and essential detail is missing. Are you revising the parts, too, or do you unfold the parts just as they are?

I have started revising and unfolding the ship a year ago when I started work on Col 1. Due to a massive lack of time it hasn't been finished yet (unfortunately). I am accurizing the kit on the fly, tweaking the texture and adding detail. Your unfold looks pretty good, but I think you should alter the triangular mounting arm parts. Turning them into one solid part would give much more stability to the build and might ensure that the containers are attached in the right angle. Please go ahead; I am looking forward to seeing the result. Good luck! :wave:
  13. Revell-Fan

To all: Thank you very, very much for your patience. IMO Col 1 is the most beautiful ship design from the new series, and this model clearly shows why. I'm thinking of skipping the 75 cm version I unfolded and will continue with the revision of the unfold of the 100 cm version because at that size it would make a superb and even more impresive display model.
  14. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

You guys are doing an incredible job on these models. I can't tell you happy I am to see such capable people taking on this project and keeping it alive. I think it's already the finest collection of BSG models available anywhere, and it just keeps getting better.

Thanks for all your hard work. :thumb:

15. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Nice model Revell fan. I second what sjsquirrel said, good to see this thread continuing.

Any chance of hosting these models on papermodellers as well, can't find the download section on here. Have the downloads been moved?
  16. Zathros

Zathros Guest

When you're the Moderator of a forum and you have trouble find a section.......:oops:........well anyways, it is here:

Under the "General Information and News". I guess it makes sense? I am going to suggest a link to it be made in the Card Models sections to facilitate, though we have had a rash of people joining and making less the "sincere" posts to gain access to the "Download" section.

The Colonial One is fantastic Revelle-Fan, I am in awe of it. I think this show was some of the best Sci-Fi to come around in a long time. It is refreshing to see these models. It keeps the memory fresh. I'd like to see a Raptor done to that detail. Great job!:thumb:
  17. F131

F131 Member

Thanks for the new download link.
  18. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Impressive work on Colonial One!

I'd love to get a scale model of Air Force One and display these side-by-side.
  19. Danscrew

Danscrew Danscrew

I Revell-fan,

For now, I'm just unfolding the parts. I know I have some adjustment to do but for a first time I think I'm in the right direction.

For customizing the model, I don't have the skill for now (I never work with 3D drawing so I'm a very very beaginer in this). This is for me juste to practise and learn about the techique with sketup,pepakura and metaseq software.

If i want to customize a model, witch program can I use ? (photoshop, metaseq...)

Have a good life
    "So say we all"
  20. Is there a Download link for the Colinial one model yet as I would love to have this in my collection!!!!
    Cheers and thanks.