Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jwhawk04, Aug 16, 2007.

1. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Have you changed the first file name, if you did, you shouldn't have, rename again adding .zip . The first file should be the only one that has the .zip extension, the other files should have .z01 to.z06.

Edit: I have computers with win 7 and win vista, using winrar on both computers. The files extract ok on both.
  2. mcusanelli

mcusanelli Member

So.....I downloaded 7zip, tried that, doesn't work. After banging my head over this all afternoon, I officially give up. It's no longer fun trying to figure this out when it's obviously beyond my basic comp skills, and my patience is gone. If anyone can somehow send me the files in an easy to open form, I'd really appreciate it, I'll give you my e-mail, just let me know. Never had this much trouble downloading a model, and I don't understand why it had to be this confusing. Again, Thanks to all who tried to help, Zathros, Paulhbell, and to Revellfan, beautiful job, cant believe the skill and generosity of the designers around here who make these models available to us all. I really hope I'll be able to build this.
  3. F131

F131 Member

I'm having the same issue.wall1
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

First, what kind of operating system are you guys using? Not enough information is really being given here to see where the problem may lie. I have 2 computers, one with XP and one with W7. If you cannot see the file extensions, you cannot make the changes. You also have to make sure you do not alter the first file. When you can see the FULL file extensions, then, rename them, you only need to extract the first file, not any of the ones you renamed. If you try to change the name without changing your folder options so that they full file name is visible, it will not work. By default, computers do NOT show the full file name. These files are not corrupted. I tried them again and all works exactly as stated.

This is really basic computer stuff guys, it's not like anyone is asking you to modify your Registry or anything. If you have trouble with this, then, you should learn it. It will make you more computer savvy.
  5. mcusanelli

mcusanelli Member

Once again,
    I followed the instructions as best as I understood them, and again, I'm not that savy with this stuff, but it wouldn't work. And I'm obviously not the only one who is having trouble with this. Everything else I have ever downloaded from this site has been a simple download, but this is not. How huge and complex were these files that they had to be split up and posted like this? And I'm sorry that to others this is ' simple' stuff, but I don't have a computer background or the time to figure out how to use this machine better. I come to this site because the work being done here is very inspirational, and enjoyable. I really don't like to ask for help and bother anyone, but I'm stumped, and saying that I should just learn to do this is offensive. I wonder if F131 feels the same way.
  6. Bhelliom

Bhelliom Member

I had the same problem, then I found out how to view the file extension, and then change it. When I did it, I just backspaced out the ".zip", since the ".z01", etc. was already at the end of each file name. Then, I opened the first file (the one that did not need to be changed), and it worked. Is this how you did yours? If it is, and din't work, then I'm stumped. Just like the glitch I have on this particular computer I'm using that will not allow me to go to My other computer reaches it fine. Aren't computers wonderful? :curse:

Scott K.
  7. Danscrew

Danscrew Danscrew

I guys,

Like Bhelliom, just erase the ".zip" at the end of the files (6) and unzip from the first one. If it don't work, maybe a file is corrumpt. You can download again.

I had some problem me too but it works !

Have a nice life
    "So say we all"
  8. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

For heaven's sake.

I must say I'm amazed at how a simple upload/download has been made so cumbersome. I'm sure there was some reason the file got split into chunks, but I thought the moderators were not faced with file size limits, and I can't think of any other reason to do this.

Revel-Fan, can I download the files and put a single zip on my website or 4shared account for easy access?

9. vulcan8630

vulcan8630 Member

"Vulcan8630 nods in agreement..." But then again I am using a Mac!
  10. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Col1 Download problems

Thank you very much for the uploads, ekuth, but I really hoped the file would be uploaded the way it was (one zip). I downloaded all parts files and followed your instructions and it worked.

However, for those who are (still) having trouble extracting the files and to end this confusion I give you a splitted rar archive here. You have to download all parts, then open the .part1 file and extract the pdf. Please note that some browsers may not download attached files correctly. If your archive is broken use another browser to download it (Firefox works, Internet Explorer doesn't). This will definitely work for you!

Oh, and the assembly instructions are part of the major 7-part-zip-file, so you don't have to download them separately.

Enjoy! :wave:

Attached Files:

11. Revell-Fan

By all means, you may do it. :thumb: Just give proper credit and send me the address where the files can be found, please. You find my e-mail address in the Col1 plans.

However, I was about to PM you about this. I think the fleet ships should be held together. So it would be more comfortable for any fan to get them. It would be great if you could host the ships I unfolded and the upcoming models I'm working on, too (New Base Star, Raptor / new unfold and Cloud 9). Maybe we could even combine our parts and instructions for the Gemini to offer an accurized "all-in-one" kit. I may also provide you with the models and instructions you are still missing. Just PM me your actual e-mail address. :wave:
  12. Revell-Fan

Colonial Movers

I'm really sorry for the trouble you all had with Colonial One. To make sure that this doesn't happen again I have decided to upload the parts and instructions right here in the threads. Here you are and enjoy! :wave:

Attached Files:

13. vulcan8630

vulcan8630 Member

Thanks for the outstanding "customer service"! It is appreciated...I tried to "unzip" files so many times in so many ways I thought I took too many S.T.U.P.I.D. pills!

Also, the modesl look GREAT!
  14. mcusanelli

mcusanelli Member

Revell-Fan, Thank you for your help, and for being such a gentleman! An example others should follow. I was able to open the files, no problems encountered, and this model is incredible - your work is outstanding. Thanks for sharing this with everyone.
    Best Wishes,
  15. Revell-Fan

Glad to help!
  16. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Learned something new

Ya know, I didn't know you could attach such large files right to the thread post like that. I always thought there was a size limit there too.

Learned my something new for today, and it's still morning sign1

17. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Colonial One - single file

For easy download the Colonial One files are now available as a single file in ZIP or PDF format on my website They are on the Battlestar Galactica page in the Downloads section.

Thanks to Revell-Fan for his kind permission to host the files with the other fleet ships.

18. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Great web page there Steve, very well laid out. Great idea to have the files kept in a different place to the forum. Seems to be growing interest in this forum again, but in the future, who knows what could happen (we've been through rough times in the past here), so good idea to host elsewhere.
  19. Revell-Fan

The maximum file size for attachments was changed. You may upload *.pdf, *.rar and *.zip files up to a size of 6.68 MB. Please take a look at the attachment key in the "Manage Attachments" window. And thanks for hosting! I'll send you all fleet ships I have as soon as they are ready. Great work, pal! :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  20. Revell-Fan

So, and as promised, here comes the New Cylon Base Star. Many thanks to Rhaven Blaack who discovered a major issue with the unfold. I revised the plans and hope that everything assembles fine. If you encounter any difficulties, please PM me. And enjoy! :wave:

Attached Files: