The Third gauge Layout Party!!! :) :) :)

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Interesting work going on here folks.
Now before I can start putting down cork roadbed I have to re-cycle the cork I salvaged from my previous layout. What a mess, I have an old laundry tub in the basement that I am using to soak the cork so I can remove remaing ballast and glue. When cleaned it is just like new.
What a messy process that I would rather have someone else do but no takers at my house.

Attachments

• m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 175
C

Catt

Spent a little time on the layout Saturday.I found and replaced another shorted turnout.I hope to get some more done today (it's 12:20 am Sunday morning as I type this :D ).

I've made myself the promise that I will start no new projects ( except for gathering pieces/parts) till I have the current project load at least halfway finished.This does not included the layout of course.

Jun 30, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Well, I have a brief update.

I priced materials for my base structure:

$17 for a 4x8 1/4" plywood board, free to cut it down to 30"x54"
$5 for 4 1x3 boards, 6 ft in length, free to cut into 3 28" and 2 54" boards (there will be 2 18", 1 14" and 1 44" length left over)
$15 for 1" pink foam insulation, and again free to cut it to 30x54.

I'll probably be picking this up next week sometime

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
Heres what i've accomplished so far over the holiday. The right L bench work is up and in place. On the left L the main bus wire and feeders are run to the track that is down. So today I'll probably just run a train back and forth. (need more track and turnouts but the lhs is closed today :( , but they deserve a day off too). Enjoy the day everyone now off to try out the dcc. :wave:

Attachments

• 100_0164.JPG
    100_0164.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 161
  • 100_0163.JPG
    100_0163.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 100_0166.JPG
    100_0166.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 164
F

Fred_M

Update

Started working on the warehouse building. Fred

Attachments

• warehouse3.jpg
    warehouse3.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 158

Freelancer

Oct 24, 2002
Utah
www.yardlimit.com
Dash, your doing a beautiful job on the warehouse, can't wait to see it finished. For just starting it sure looks close to being done. :thumb:

I suppose that I will update you guys on my status, its not much of a project but it has taken me about six months. :eek:ops: It is definitely good to have done though! All I did was install marker lights on this caboose. :D I tried to get a shot in the dark with the lights on but it didn't work out to well, but it sure is cool! :D

Freelancer

Attachments

• caboose.jpg
    caboose.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 157

DavRed

Jul 4, 2004
London UK
Hi all new to this forum but not to railways.

I build in N gauge and drive 4' 81/2" gauge. ( preserved railway )

Anyway for the party, the lot, just started to collect supplies for 2'6" x 4' layout.

David

F

Fred_M

So you lit the markers, cool freelancer. Did you use Leds and fiberoptics? Fred

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
DavRed said:
Hi all new to this forum but not to railways.

I build in N gauge and drive 4' 81/2" gauge. ( preserved railway )

Anyway for the party, the lot, just started to collect supplies for 2'6" x 4' layout.

David

Welcome to The gauge! :D Since you're joining the Party - I'll add you to the lict!! :)

Just be sure to post pics if possible of the construction & if you need any help either here in this thread or in GT or N/Z you can ask any questions you want. :D Good Luck!!!!!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Looks like everyone is making great progress and I am still trying to find a parking space.

I did look over my coal hoppers and determined my shopping list. I need 10 sets of metal wheels. I need to fix two coal loads and make 4 loads. I also need to add weight or paint the weights on 4 cars. There are two cars that I need to build. One of them I already have so I am going to try to renumber it.

Well that is going to be it for me for about two weeks. I am heading to Orlando via Amtrak tomorrow and returning on July 18. I have my list with me just in case we wander into a LHS down there.

Freelancer

Oct 24, 2002
Utah
www.yardlimit.com
Dash, I could only wish I used fiber optics, that is probably too advanced for me right now. I just used a couple grain of wheat bulbs and hooked them up to a AA battery, and installed a switch on the underside. I originally wanted to pick the power up strait from the tracks, but I am electronically impaired and also figured that my command station wouldn't like it very much. The weight that the battery adds to the car is definitely a plus though.

Freelancer

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
Update

So far so good. More bench work done only one more section to build. By the end of this weekend I hope to have all the track on the left section down and wired.

Attachments

• 100_0164.JPG
    100_0164.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_0167.JPG
    100_0167.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_0168.JPG
    100_0168.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 377