The Third gauge Layout Party!!! :) :) :)

That sounds very interesting. So, I will build something too.

My target will be a complete logging layout in N-scale with rolling stock and real operations. Today, I've only the climax and cars that I've posted in the scratchbuild-forum.

Next to do will be a logloader and some more detail, paint and weathering on the rolling stock.

The layout will be a small switching layout with two sections. One will be a loglanding in the woods, the other side shows the logdump with a dryroll near the sawmill.
Both sections will be connected with track using a double switchback.

Let's get the party started ;-)

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Not Too Much Accomplished, But...

Well, although I haven't a picture handy, I have laid, sanded and stained the ties running through the hamlet of Megill River, and as soon as I've kitbashed the turnouts to On30, I'll post a few pictures.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
It is nice to see everyone progress well at the party. There are some very cool things happening here.

Me? I can't seem to get out of the bathroom and jion the party. I am hoping that will change today as I plan to visit one or more LHS's and get some supplies.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
It gets worse Mikey. Today I hit Loco Louies and Hobbytown USA and didn't get any supplies for the hoppers. Instead I got this idea about how to improve the forest on the Water Tower Diorama and Passenger Station Diorama, and spent my biweekly hobby allotment on Woodland Scenics products.:rolleyes: :eek: Oh well payday is next Friday and the hobby fund get replenished. :D

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
:wave: :wave: Welllll Welllllll :wave: :wave: Remember me??? :wave: :wave:

I can Finally "Officially Join" this party. I got some wiring finished, in that I created another "Bus Bar" for all the power outputs on the "Missile Car" side of the layout. :D I now have 24 VAC, 12 V Regualted DC (LED Power) and 16 V DC ready to go for the Lighting Effects & other things on that side of the layout.

This is something I had planned to do in The Second Layout Party :D :D

This means that the Missile Car will have power to it in the next few days :) :) (Insert Evil Laugh Here)

e-bay010.jpg

F

Fred_M

I have to stay in the house this afternoon and evening and watch the wife, so I did a little work on the warehouse. I put on a chimmney, metal roof vent, and hung the sign for the new owner who is using the old warehouse as a wood planeing shop. Next I'll mount it on the layout insert and do some detailing. Fred

Attachments

• warehouse6.jpg
    warehouse6.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 88
F

Fred_M

I also built a couple small billboard signs for the highway. Fred

Attachments

• warehouse7.jpg
    warehouse7.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 256

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
The warehouse sure turned out nicely Fred. Those additions really add to the look.
Now for me other than the boring recycling washing of the cork roadbed I did finish that coaling tower that can be seen in the scratchin' and bashin' section

Jun 30, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Base is Finished

this is the base for the 30x54 layout.

This was done a couple nights ago, and I put the second layer on last night, but Its been rough:

Attachments

• trackbase1.jpg
    trackbase1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 255