new design hyaku shiki

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
Nov 17, 2006
scotland
robsmechacardcraft.synthasite.com
update

ok here is the finished hands and arms had tyo take a bit of creative license in the hands tho but i think they look ok. here is the pic. now i am gona do the backpack then the head and then work out the joint system.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 7

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Really liking this one Rob. I've said before and I said it again, you're doing a great job and I can't wait to build this bad boy! ;)

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
This colour just makes the Gundam look sooooo good ^O^ --May I ask, you seem to port the model into Pepakura every time you finish something, is that a necessary step for a Gundam design?

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Not to tread on Rob's toes.

It isn't strictly necessary, no. Though after seeing more of Robs method, it is a good idea. You can test each part or section to make sure it unfolds correctly. Then move onto another area. Saves doing it all just to find you have to redo some parts.

Good thinking Rob.

I'm with Lex on the colour too. Though I'll probably try to print mine to gold card. But that gold texture on the pic above looks real hot!

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
Nov 17, 2006
scotland
thanks skip
and lex skip just said it when i design i go of blueprints then draw lines then add the faces once i think its correct, i the put it in pep to make sure everything goes ok if i notice problems i can change it, its the only way i know how to do it as i dont use primitives or anything like that.
here is an example of what i mean with the lines on a blueprint.
thanks for the encouragement guys much appreciated
rob

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 8

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Don't do that. You'll be looking over at the unfinished parts and be kicking yourself. This isn't ready yet is it.

You'll have some new Gundam models by the time you're free for them. ;)

S

Soaring

Sorry guys, I'm just hyped, you guys are like, THE BEST! I feel all jiggly...

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Hey Rob, this has come such a long way in a pretty short space of time!!

That head is looking outstanding ontop of that body. You're nailing this dude!

Well done! :) :)

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I don't get it. What will help? Most of us all use Pepakura to unfold our designs. That pic above that Rob posted is taken from Pepakura.

Is there something new there that I missed?

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
Nov 17, 2006
scotland
hey draude yeah i use pepakura as skip said that what the pics are from i was talking about whether the hyaku should have green eyes or not but thanks for the help. ill have a look at the high res exporter didnt know they made one thasnks for that.