new design hyaku shiki

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Looks great Knight, I've been watching your progress at PPXCLUB from time to time. :)

I can't emphasise how much I like Hyaku Shiki, I can't wait to build Rob's model. It's a shame I won't get to build yours. :(

Speaking of Rob's model, any updates here Rob?

palmer

Jul 5, 2007
Wow! I'm enthusiastic of all those gundam models on Zealot! Gundams are my favourite papercraft topic.
Great the Hyakushiki, I'm going to buy some golden paper!

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
Nov 17, 2006
scotland
robsmechacardcraft.synthasite.com
ok small update on hyaku nearly finished alex so i thought i would make a start on unfolding as it it right now i didnt do a psoe for it as it would mean redisgning alot of stuff, itl be 43cm tall and im goint to release 2 versions coloured and white for printing on coloured card. ill be posting pics later

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I'm lookin forward to it Rob. As you well know, I've been all over this since you started. It was you steppingupthe challenge of designing this that got me back into modelling Gundam!

Let's see those pics!!

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
Nov 17, 2006
scotland
update

here is a pic of the unfolded parts so far still need to work on some parts thouigh only 5 pages left to sort then test build stage while my good friend skip textures him,
ill be back with more updates later.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 20

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Also, I'll chirpin and say that this rendition of theHyaku will just have a standard, standing pose. There was too much work involved to give it a pose as it had already been modelled to have just a standing pose.

We're taking about doing a second more detailed Hyaku later on down the road. ;)

Not trying to steal your thunder there Rob,I just know you're busy this afternoon. :)

Looking great there Rob. Looking forward to getting some detail on himas you know.

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
Nov 17, 2006
scotland
update

ok the hyaku has finished unfolding and is on its way to skip for texturing. thanks again skip. also as was stated earlier this is a static model but as skip said we are going to do a bigger better version which will be posable i will show a pic of what were going to do together. any way here is a pic of the finished unfold i hope you like.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 9

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
Nov 17, 2006
scotland
here

here is waht the bigger more detailed and popsable version hopefully will look like itl be a joint project with me and skip. we wont be starting it until summer though as we both got alot on at the moment.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 116

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hey Rob,

Here's a nice lookin Shiki kit bash I found a long time ago. I always planned on building one but never gathered the necessary parts to do it :p

G1

Attachments

• 100_01.zip
    28.8 KB · Views: 37

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
That's nice. I've seen the special edition metallic red Hyaku. I wouldn't mind trying to get somemetallic red card as well as gold and have those two built. As well as the yellow.

Yes, I'm a huge Hyaku lover!! :)

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
That's nice. I've seen the special edition metallic red Hyaku. I wouldn't mind trying to get somemetallic red card as well as gold and have those two built. As well as the yellow.

Yes, I'm a huge Hyaku lover!! :)

Yeah I'm quite partial to it myself :D

Actually I like everything from Zeta GUndam :D

G1

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
Nov 17, 2006
scotland
hi getter thanks for the pic looks cool
i may have to do a red one aswell as skip
oh well time to go to ebay and see what red metalic card they have they have lol.
thanks for the coments guys ill keep ya posted as the texturing is done.

Kezn

pwned in the dawn
Aug 12, 2007
Hanoi, Vietnam
wow its shinny !
great work man !I'm not into gundam much but this one look so nice.
i'm courious in how do you solve the articulations problem..

regards,
Kezn.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Hi Kezn,

This one has no articulation at all. It's toally static. We'll be doing a bigger, better, posable(maybe) version sometime in the summer. I'm learning more about designing joints from my GP03 model and through some Master Grade kits so I'll be seeing what we could incorperate into the new Shiki model. ;)

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
Nov 17, 2006
scotland
update

ok another update had to rework some parts but now it fits buy the way notice the 17" monitor in the background shows how large this model will be when complete lol. thats most of the inner workings for the leg. more updates to follow.

Attachments

• PIC00027.jpg
    PIC00027.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 9