Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by N Gauger, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

According to the info I have, it's on the Whitewater Valley RR and Flagg Coal Company # 75, a saddle tank 0-4-0.

Here's the steamer's own netpage:
  2. Brutus

Brutus Member

Man, I LOVE that picture, thanks for sharing!
  3. sir james

sir james Member

Good Morning,,,,,,Just checking in, no plans for the day,yet.Sun is shining brite, low 80s forecast for the week with the usual storm included. I'm watching a few things on the bay but nothing I really must have..
    Enjoy your sunday,,,,S.J.
  4. Brutus

Brutus Member

hamr Goofed off all day yesterday, so of course then I couldn't sleep. Stuff to do today, so I will be dragging. Oh well, talk later guys.
  5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member

A great wench! :mrgreen: Ours started two weeks ago and goes until early August. My wife and I are people watchers, and the Renn Fair is a target rich environment! Also good entertainment, food, aforementioned beverages and often some good artwork and craftsmanship.

Beautiful day here, but wife has to work a twelve hour shift to cover antoher nurse's emergency leave, so I'll have to soak up the sun while working through that blasted honey-do list and planting new bonsai stock purchased yesterday. Then some additional surveying and pondering on the future layout site. I'm starting to get a bad itch...:mrgreen:
  6. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Yup - the wife & I like people watching too :) Some of the garb is fantastic!! We like the music too.. Coyote Run, Empty Hats, Tartan Terrors.. Don't know if any of these go that far west, though.....
  7. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Afternoon all. Early Church and SS. Then a nap in recliner. Just signed on to computer. Wife packing for trip to the beach. Hope to get more rain this PM. Chat later.
  8. CSXect

CSXect Member

Completed 2nd table for trains this afternoon 2 more to go, stopped because it was looking like rain and had to hurry up and cut grass as it had been 3 weeks overdue:eek:

Need to water veggies when it gets some what cooler and shaded:cry:

9. Chief Eagles

Thunder storms and rain. Garden loving it. Will mow tomorrow if not raining. CSXect, sounds like you are getting the job done. Wife gone to the beach with Youngest and Grandson. OH Jeffrey, has LSU ever heard of UNC? sign1 Later
  10. Brutus

Brutus Member

Put up drywall and completed the wall I had already begun as well as another wall and a half - here's an example!

11. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

That's a neat little engine. Resembles a B&O Docksider. Be sure to take pictures and post.
  12. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Looks good so far Brutus! :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  13. CSXect

CSXect Member

Will be taking up the track off the floor soon so I can get the first table down stairs, only have room for 2 in the garage one to look at and one under construction(may re do the cross braces on table 1):wave:
  14. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member my eyes deceive me, or does that look more like cement board? :confused:
  15. sir james

sir james Member

We had a nice summer day, there was rain around us but we did not get any, We spent the afternoon at a local park with #2 son & family. Their church was having the annual picnic and we know a lot of the members so we went to visit with folks. No trains ran here today, but like always, they are not forgotten. S.J.
  16. Brutus

Brutus Member

Mountain Man - it's mold resistant drywall. Never had any water in the basement, except when a sink leaked. But, don't want to take a chance on it either!

CSX - :thumb: Once I get the room done, I'll be putting in a lot more work and a couple more tables, too!
  17. John Baker

John Baker Member

Brampton a small(ex) mining village between Barnsley and Rotherham in Yorkshire, got flooded in last summers storms.
    60103, A Gresley LNER Pacific locomotive built in 1927 as class A3, a rebuild/development of the A10 of 1922, fitted with double chimney and smoke deflectors [alas long gone to the great shed in the sky!].
    Cloudy and dry in Stockport expected high 18C. We had high winds yesterday, shook a lot of leaves out and broke a few branches, scrag end of the biggy you had up the East Coast about a week ago.
    No train stuff today, being Monday it's washing and ironing [I hate ironing].
    I'm going to do a full system scan on ERNI, I suspect a Gremlin has got loose.
  18. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning.

It's mostly cloudy and a pleasant 71 degrees here this morning. A high in the mid 90's is expected.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/23/2008

Heat Index: 76°F
    Humidity: 88%
    Dew Point: 68°F

So Far Today
    High: 73°F
    Low: 69°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 5mph SSE

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny. A 20 percent chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 70 Partly cloudy. Lows around 70. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

19. Chief Eagles

Morning. Got a total of one half inch of slow soaking rain. Hope all have a great week. Go Brutus, Go. Out to mow grass and spray later. Later
  20. CSXect

CSXect Member

Lastnight it was spitting rain not much more than that.

I have an auction next weekend to check out maybe there may be some trains.:mrgreen:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.