Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Good Afternoon, Y'all!
Sorry it has been a little while since last checking in. Seems it was a whole thread ago. Work situation has been a bit crazy and I have had to pull some extra call and now am looking for another partner to fill the position. Anyway, hope to check in more often.
Hope everyone has a great week. We are getting ready for our church's fireworks and freedom festival. They are expecting 13,000 people this year and it should be lots of fun. I will be working the equestrian events area for a few hours.
God Bless,
dennis

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
It's been an interesting day so far. We had a thunderstorm come through earlier that knocked out the power for only a couple of minutes. Problem was, it also knocked out a couple of cable boosters, so the internet signal for this area was down for hours.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good Evening All,
I enjoyed a nice day we had a few lite showers, but again some areas had heavy rain. The big Detroit fireworks is tonite and its a go as long as the lightning stays away. Rain is ok but expected to be out of there before the F.W. Its on TV but I don't watch it since some idiot decided to add music. What a stupid idea, I want to hear the snap,crakle and ka-boom. No trains today, wife just got home as she is teaching at vacation bible school this week. She picked the five year olds so two of our grandsons could be in her class..TTFN,S.J.

Packers#1

Ultimate Packers Fan
Jun 23, 2008
Aiken, SC
Good night folks. I just joined maybe half an hour ago, and this is my first post. Let me introduce myself.
I'm Sawyer, a teen, and an N scaler. My freelanced RR is named the southeastern continental Rwy. (SEC). I'm excited to be here. I've been in model railroading since I was 8 or 9 (5 or 6 years). I'm still waiting to get my new room so I can build a pretty decent sized N scale model railroad.
How's it going, Jeffrey?

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Sawyer, welcome to The Gauge...!!! You'll find lots of good folks here to lend a hand if you need it, and lots of great posts that'll help in whatever you may be doing.

I'll only dispute your calling yourself the #1 Packer fan-I reserve that title for myself..!!:mrgreen:

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Well, just woke up. Was watching last few minutes of movie [nothing important] and suddenly woke up at midnight. Tired from shoveling sand and rocks fixing path and a driveway near pond. Then mowed and sprayed. Big storm came through and rained 3 tenths in about 2 minutes. Corn blown down and has to be set up tomorrow. Black widow lady at pond entrance called me as she lost power [she is not in Town Limits but one I help look after]. Got power co. to get her power back on in an hour. Now off to bed.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
What I'd give for a decent storm. All we ever get down here is sun and heat. I think it's been a month since I even saw a cloud.
My wifes in Honolulu on business till Wednesday and my two boys are going to vacation bible school every night this week sooo... at least I get some relief from that.

From one N scaler to another - Welcome Sawyer!

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
How's it going, Jeffrey?
Welcome Sawyer. Aside from a power outage or two things are fine.

Good morning.

It's 70 and clear at the moment. A high in the low 90's is expected as well as a fair chance of thunderstorms.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/24/2008

Wind Chill: 70°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 68°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Now through 07:45 AM CDT June 24, 2008

National weather service Doppler radar indicated isolated showers and thunderstorms over the coastal waters of southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana. Storms this morning are moving to the north.

Today High: 92 Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of mainly afternoon thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy. Chance of thunderstorms in the evening...then isolated thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of rain 30 percent.

P1010073-1.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Morning. Wife gone so vacumed house [do that a lot anyway as she works]. Got hot and sweaty in A/C house???? Now to go set up corn that blew down. Groundhog has moved under shelter. Will get him with rifle or rat poison. Rather shoot and kill him and then he will not suffer. Off to Tractor Supply and Lowe's. Then visit Town Hall. Have good one.

Packers#1

Ultimate Packers Fan
Jun 23, 2008
Aiken, SC
Ya know one thing that's funny about me being a Packer fan?
I've never been to Lambea field.
I've never to Green Bay, nor Wisconsin, for that matter.
I have no family in Wisconsin.
I've been to Chicago (2 times).
I've been to Soldier Field once (soccer match).
I have an aunt, uncle, and 3 cousins in Chicago.
I've lived in Aiken all my life except for 6 months (3 in Connecticut, 3 in Texas).
I'm pretty sure the reasoin I pull for the Packers is because I had a shiny Brett Favre Green Bay Packers card when I was 5 or so (9 years ago).

Mountain Man

Jan 19, 2007
Power outages? Here in sunny Colorado those of us that live in areas with potential power outages have generators for that sort of thing! Good for those barbecues in the wilderness, too! :mrgreen:

Hot and sunny with light breezes today. Been working outside all day and I'm pooped! I sure hope the wife plans to cook when she gets home...because I don't! :rolleyes:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Evening all and welcome to the new folks.
It looks like everyone is enjoying the summer weather as it seems the post are down. Thats what I did, ran a few errands and just relaxed. No trains ran today. Get ready for wednesday....S.J.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Moved first table down to my basement this afternoon what a chore even with the legs taken off:eek: 2 more to build and move down to the basement pic coming soon:mrgreen:

War against computer clutter is going slow it is almost like they (2 p4 hp and one packard bell pentium has assimulated part of basement from floor to ceiling )sign1 And yes my apple IIC and TI99-4a are still functional :cry:

Mom is in much better spirits then a few days ago:cool:

:wave: Got to get some sleep

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good night folks. I just joined maybe half an hour ago, and this is my first post. Let me introduce myself.
I'm Sawyer, a teen, and an N scaler. My freelanced RR is named the southeastern continental Rwy. (SEC). I'm excited to be here. I've been in model railroading since I was 8 or 9 (5 or 6 years). I'm still waiting to get my new room so I can build a pretty decent sized N scale model railroad.
How's it going, Jeffrey?

Welcome to the forum Sawyer. Nice to see a young fellow interested in trains.

Packers#1

Ultimate Packers Fan
Jun 23, 2008
Aiken, SC
Hey, I was just about to post a link to that. I posted it on his forum, and he's posting it here. Oh well, it don't matter.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Off to bed. Just finished movie, Babel [or however you spell it] from On Demand. Had busy day. Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches for dinner [lettuce and tomato from garden]. Got Dr's apt tomorrow morning. Something about new meds. Sure is nice to see all these visitors to the Caboose. Keep it up. Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.