Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pennman

pennman Member

Morning all, busy Monday raining here in TN. Still have a bunch of stuff to knock out on the Honey do list.
    Weve been discussing firing the donut guy< might have to start looking..LOL
    Have a great day,
  2. Good Afternoon from Blueberryhill....
    I am just trying out this software. Works.

Attached Files:

3. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

I think the donut guy went back to Ohio....!!!
    Those donuts were GOOD doughnuts....Hmmmmm, Donuts.:D

Gus (LC&P).
  4. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Another, note. For those of you who didn't follow my fluorescent lights problem, the solution was provided by Jefelectric, to whom I will be forever indebted...!!!

Thanks again, John.

Gus (LC&P).
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Never thought to ask here.... Anyone (or anyone you know) into Geocaching???? We just started - Really neat!!!

6. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Cleaning house for wife. Getting ready for close to 5 hour flight to Los Vegas and then on to Palm Springs. Long evening as leave the house for airport at 5PM and get to Palm Springs at 1:15 PDT [4:30 AM EDT]. :cry: :rolleyes: Back Saturday night. They say it might rain here today. Have a good one.
  7. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good afternoon,

Chief, Hope you have a good flight and a good visit with Doug.

I see the donut man made it this morning. :)

Pretty much finished up my Modified Lemax gas station installation, few details yet to add.

The road really isn't that shiny, the lights make it look like it is icy.
  8. N Gauger

Yeah --- When the Donut man wakes up on time - we get donuts :D :D

Love the gas Station :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  9. WaPam

WaPam New Member

Hi, New Here

Hi. I'm new here and to trains, My grandson is enthralled with trains. Thomas is tops but ALL trains, real or cartoon so I thought I'd help him develope a real love for the hobby. He is 3 now. I like the idea of an outdoor train as my home is very tiny lol

I found a train set for sale, it's an H scale.. ( what ever that means) .. what questions should I ask? Here is a copy of the ad I found;

Better than Thomas! LOOK! - $125

Super neat train set! G scale is the large train intended for the garden. We always use it for the christmas tree and regular "train time". This is no cheapie, chinese, battery powered junk. It is made by Aristo Craft and is heavy duty. It comes with a steam locomotive, tender, box car and caboose. Features are: Smoke(gotta buy the liquid smoke from any hobby shop)working headlight and light on the tender, lighted fire box on the locomotive and a choo-choo sound. There is enough track for a large oval or circle. It also has a contoller that will work the train in forward and reverse. It is a RC Cola Taste Express train and the tender and boxcar are blue and silver the locomotive are black and red. The Locomotive is missing a plastic bell and the origional box is beat but it is otherwise in excellent condition. This train is the one we looked at in the toy store window as kids. Your kids will love it as mine have, way better than Thomas, Brio or Geotracks. The price is great considering a single locomotive in this scale will run about $250.00. It does take some adult supervision but is time well spent with your kids. Willing to travel some.Pics on request!
  10. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Who is the donut man?
  11. lionelfan

lionelfan Member

Morning all from NE Ohio. Another rainy cool day. Fall is rapidly approaching. Some of the trees in the woods behind the house are starting to show colors.. Also saw quite a few Canadian grain hoppers on NS last night going through Berea OH. Looks like grain shipping season is in full swing. Everyone have a good day....
  12. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I am forum making again. Pro Boards makes
    very easy.

I made a HO & O ga forum but I cant place to URL here. That would be contempable.

I notice they resolved the slowness proproblem on here. That is great.

My general talk forum having nothing to do with trains I can post the url here, look for it in my signature..

If you like thing tropical in nature drop in.
  13. N Gauger

"the Donut man has GOT to wake up earlier! :D :D :D

Or find more time in the morning :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  14. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Iam trying to get my car waxed today. I think the paint is dead. I am giving it 3 coats of Maguires.

You know dont you, you people are blowing my diet all to hell?
  15. wetidlerjr

wetidlerjr New Member

You can see all the morons you want with a mirror. :thumb:
  16. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I bought a dozen donuts becasue of you today. Hid them in the trunk of my car.

I will working it off like the kung fo kid, wash the car....wax the cars...LOL
  17. N Gauger

Chilly weather here today - looking better for the weekend :)

18. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Of the several polishes I have used Maguires seem best.

It still wont get out the blemishes in the clear coat.

I hate clear coat paint jobs.

In the old days turtle wax cleaned and poliched. It removed oxidized paint then polished it.

19. pennman

pennman Member

Hey Guys,
    Great donuts BUT NO COFFEE?? Hmmm. Well its a great cool day here in Tn.
    Looks Like I'll be firing a Contractor, Wish I could find one that was reliable. This guy keeps telling us next week and that was over a month ago..
    Might have to go let some steam off maybe go railfanning.
  20. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

WE are surrounded by strip malls here large and small.

In one very small shopping center is a greatest little coffee shop on the order of starbucks.

I would spend more time there than I do if I could smoke my pipe there.

Since I went on the wagon it is a nice place to hang but seems only woman are in it all the day long. It is a block away from the hobby shop.

This is about the middle of the month so I can say I have not had a drink in one year this week.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.