Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good evening all,

Hi Chuck, see you started a new page, couldn't stay away from the donuts, huh?

working on the layout here while watching FSU & Clemson Game. Puting in an old fashioned (40s?) Lemax gas station. Changed the signage to change the name from Al's to Kimmy's for my grandaughter.

Good night.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Off to Mom's down east. Tomorrow is her 90th birthday. Will pick up chicken pastery for lunch. She love that. Tomorrow, pack for trip to Palm Springs for a Marine Show. Fly out early Tuesday. Will not be back until Saturday evening. Later.

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning....
Foggy today. Sun coming. High 83.
You have a safe trip, Chief.
John, are the donuts gone already??
Gil Finn....Good luck with your kit. Post pictures.
I will be cutting grass later.
Bye for now.
Chuck

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Mornin' to ya'all from the Rio Grande Valley...Hot & humid. No donuts this morning but I see waffles in my near future...
After that, off to fight my fluorescent lighting. (See "Fluorescents & Wits End" thread...)

Good day to you all.

Gus (LC&P).

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
Where the temp is 71 deg with Blue Clear Skies and headed to 83 deg.

Chief - say Happy birthday to your Mom for us bday2 bday1 and Have a safe trip !

Have to cut the grass later when the dew drys off.

Off to the Train Museum for some train running today.
47b6d737b3127cce8d076227bdd500000017108IZMmrFwxbA

Too bad this isn't my ride :cry:

:wave:

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good morning all, no donuts today, but a big breakfast at Bob Evans after early church.

Now working on setting up another computer for the youngest grandaughter. Took two old ones from the office and combined them, now installing XP, home. Her old one died & she must have a computer. She is only 3 but is quite good on the computer, can't read but knows what the keys on the keyboard do, go figure.

Hope to get a little layout work done in between today.

Enjoy the Sunday.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good morning all,

What, no donuts?

Looks like steamhead got his lighting problem solved. A lot of times it is the simple things that are the hardest to figure out.

Off to the fitness center for my bi-weekly workout.

Take care.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Morning all, busy Monday raining here in TN. Still have a bunch of stuff to knock out on the Honey do list.
Weve been discussing firing the donut guy< might have to start looking..LOL
Have a great day,
Tony

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Another, note. For those of you who didn't follow my fluorescent lights problem, the solution was provided by Jefelectric, to whom I will be forever indebted...!!!

Thanks again, John.

Gus (LC&P).

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Cleaning house for wife. Getting ready for close to 5 hour flight to Los Vegas and then on to Palm Springs. Long evening as leave the house for airport at 5PM and get to Palm Springs at 1:15 PDT [4:30 AM EDT]. :cry: :rolleyes: Back Saturday night. They say it might rain here today. Have a good one.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good afternoon,

Chief, Hope you have a good flight and a good visit with Doug.

I see the donut man made it this morning. :)

Pretty much finished up my Modified Lemax gas station installation, few details yet to add.

47b6d738b3127cce8cabc5e6e24f00000016100QYtmrhwzYsU

The road really isn't that shiny, the lights make it look like it is icy.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
jefelectric said:
Good afternoon,

Chief, Hope you have a good flight and a good visit with Doug.

I see the donut man made it this morning. :)

Pretty much finished up my Modified Lemax gas station installation, few details yet to add.

47b6d738b3127cce8cabc5e6e24f00000016100QYtmrhwzYsU

The road really isn't that shiny, the lights make it look like it is icy.
Yeah --- When the Donut man wakes up on time - we get donuts :D :D

Love the gas Station :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

WaPam

Sep 19, 2006
Hi, New Here

Hi. I'm new here and to trains, My grandson is enthralled with trains. Thomas is tops but ALL trains, real or cartoon so I thought I'd help him develope a real love for the hobby. He is 3 now. I like the idea of an outdoor train as my home is very tiny lol

I found a train set for sale, it's an H scale.. ( what ever that means) .. what questions should I ask? Here is a copy of the ad I found;

Better than Thomas! LOOK! - $125

Super neat train set! G scale is the large train intended for the garden. We always use it for the christmas tree and regular "train time". This is no cheapie, chinese, battery powered junk. It is made by Aristo Craft and is heavy duty. It comes with a steam locomotive, tender, box car and caboose. Features are: Smoke(gotta buy the liquid smoke from any hobby shop)working headlight and light on the tender, lighted fire box on the locomotive and a choo-choo sound. There is enough track for a large oval or circle. It also has a contoller that will work the train in forward and reverse. It is a RC Cola Taste Express train and the tender and boxcar are blue and silver the locomotive are black and red. The Locomotive is missing a plastic bell and the origional box is beat but it is otherwise in excellent condition. This train is the one we looked at in the toy store window as kids. Your kids will love it as mine have, way better than Thomas, Brio or Geotracks. The price is great considering a single locomotive in this scale will run about $250.00. It does take some adult supervision but is time well spent with your kids. Willing to travel some.Pics on request!

lionelfan

Nov 3, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
Morning all from NE Ohio. Another rainy cool day. Fall is rapidly approaching. Some of the trees in the woods behind the house are starting to show colors.. Also saw quite a few Canadian grain hoppers on NS last night going through Berea OH. Looks like grain shipping season is in full swing. Everyone have a good day....

Status
Not open for further replies.