Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

What no donuts this morning? :D

Was raining when I got up and is still raining, varies from heavy to drizzle, but hasn't stopped.

Great layout weather! ;)
  2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Rain Yesterday.........Rain today.............Rain ending tomorrow :)

3. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Thanks for the donuts. Rain went away late yesterday. Battleing fire ants. Never had them and then farmer's grain drill has spread them all over the field. Well, they do not recognize property lines. Coming into back yard. :curse: Have a good one.
  4. pennman

pennman Member

Morning all

Nice donuts!!
    Great day in TN, hope the weekend stays like this.
    Join the club, FIRE ANTS are nasty little critters, best thing you can do is gas in there holes outside, and use a good insecticide inside. Lowes sells some really good stuff for them.
    Have fun and Good luck,
  5. N Gauger

Rain Rain go away........ :D Maybe by lunch, like the weather dudes say :)

6. Chief Eagles

AHH the donuts are here. Thanks. Moring all. Pretty day here. Off to Miss Edna's [Todd's Train Depot] and then back and clean up wife's car. Battled fire ants all day yesterday. Have a good one and God bless.
  7. pennman

pennman Member

AHH donus and coffee, good deal, Great day here in TN, awsome sun rise and looks to be the same all day. Sorry to here about the rain Mike, Look at it like this lets you spend the day with your trains.
  8. N Gauger

nope - no rest for the weary - - We're going out and about :( hence the "rain woes"

Goo dnews is it's all to the north of us - so far :)
  9. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning all,

The donuts were tasty.
    Still raining here, about 2 inches in the last 3 days. One good thing, had the lawn airiated (spelling?) and over-seeded before it started. Should get the seed off to a good start.

Hope to do a little work on the layout today. Dollhouse project, for grandaughter, has been taking up most of my layout time. Very time consuming as a lot of prepainting, before assembly, is required. Next step is to install wiring, which has to be done before wallpaper and floor covering.

A good week end to everyone.
  10. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Hey gang, what's up?

We went to Virginia Beach last week for a few day then back this way to Chrlottesville for a doctors apointment.

That wasn'r so good. Thier want to open me up again next month.

No big deal but I will out of commision for s few weeks at home.

Went to James Town, wasnt to impressed.

I got a donut every day from the 7/11 and they were great.

This week I have been building coal camp houses from scratch. I got a laser cut wood kit for a model.

Fooey on those at $26!
  11. Howdy to everyone.

It's been awhile since I posted.

I think I will more often. I see the donuts are here.

Have a good evening.

12. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good evening all,

Hi Chuck, see you started a new page, couldn't stay away from the donuts, huh?

working on the layout here while watching FSU & Clemson Game. Puting in an old fashioned (40s?) Lemax gas station. Changed the signage to change the name from Al's to Kimmy's for my grandaughter.

Good night.
  13. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Off to Mom's down east. Tomorrow is her 90th birthday. Will pick up chicken pastery for lunch. She love that. Tomorrow, pack for trip to Palm Springs for a Marine Show. Fly out early Tuesday. Will not be back until Saturday evening. Later.
  14. Good Morning....
    Foggy today. Sun coming. High 83.
    You have a safe trip, Chief.
    John, are the donuts gone already??
    Gil Finn....Good luck with your kit. Post pictures.
    I will be cutting grass later.
    Bye for now.
  15. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Mornin' to ya'all from the Rio Grande Valley...Hot & humid. No donuts this morning but I see waffles in my near future...
    After that, off to fight my fluorescent lighting. (See "Fluorescents & Wits End" thread...)

Good day to you all.

Gus (LC&P).
  16. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Good Morning All from NE Ohio
    Where the temp is 71 deg with Blue Clear Skies and headed to 83 deg.

Chief - say Happy birthday to your Mom for us bday2 bday1 and Have a safe trip !

Have to cut the grass later when the dew drys off.

Off to the Train Museum for some train running today.
    Too bad this isn't my ride :cry:

17. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning all, no donuts today, but a big breakfast at Bob Evans after early church.

Now working on setting up another computer for the youngest grandaughter. Took two old ones from the office and combined them, now installing XP, home. Her old one died & she must have a computer. She is only 3 but is quite good on the computer, can't read but knows what the keys on the keyboard do, go figure.

Hope to get a little layout work done in between today.

Enjoy the Sunday.
  18. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

announce1 BTW Guys - don't forget to vote on the photo contest! ! !:thumb: :D

19. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning all,

What, no donuts?

Looks like steamhead got his lighting problem solved. A lot of times it is the simple things that are the hardest to figure out.

Off to the fitness center for my bi-weekly workout.

Take care.
  20. Chief Eagles

Morning. Busy. "Fox on the run." Later
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.