Buck Rogers Thunderfighter mods

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

That is SOOOO TRUE!!!

So start building. I want to see ALL of you build a Thunder Fighter (or as many as you want). There are many variants to choose from. Not only that, but you can mix and match all of the parts to make your own variant.

announce1ONCE AGAIN, START BUILDING!!! announce1
  2. Rhaven Blaack

Here is an update. Sorry that it took so long, but real life things kept creeping in.

I had to enlarge the hole in part 33 for the new tub.

I added supports to help to hold the tub to part 33.

The tub is attached to part 33

I added the same components to the front console as I did with the rear console, as well as the front part of part CI-1.

Here are close-up shots of the added components.

3. Rhaven Blaack

I have attached the main console.

Here is a close-up of the main console.
  4. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

How nicer can it get?

After seeing all this, I must ask (humbly, of course): are you gonna make these add-ons available? 'Cos if you are, then I'll have no choice but to build that beautiful model...:mrgreen:
    I really enjoyed the Buck Rogers show when I was a kid, so that would become a fine addition!:twisted:
    Thanks, Mentor!:thumb:
  5. Rhaven Blaack

Of course, these add-ons will be made available to everyone.

Once I have finished all of the changes to make this work properly, I will send everything to Revell-Fan for clean-up. Once he has cleaned everything up, made any necessary changes, and everything works properly, we will release these kits as "COCKPIT INTEROR 2.0".
    The first cockpit interior will still be available as well, of course.
  6. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Really? I thought we'd keep them to ourselves... :rolleyes:

Just kidding! Of course everybody will have a chance to get them. RB has already sent me the new raw files which I'm going to revise asap. CU! :wave:
  7. Rogerio Silva

You'll live... for now!:psign1sign1sign1sign1
    I just can't wait!:thumb::cool:
  8. Rhaven Blaack

Another Update

I started with the main body now. I had to increase the size of the hole for the tub (65mm X 38mm).

Engine housing attached.

Bot main body halves together.

Attached front section for the nacelles.

9. Rhaven Blaack

Bottom rear body plate is attached.

Bottom front body plate is attached

Top body plate (with cockpit) is attached.

Close-up of the cockpit interior.

Just to let EVERYONE know, I have finished with that actual redesign and first test build of the QUAD cockpit interior. I have sent everything to Revell-Fan for clean-up and revision. After he has worked his wonderful magic (and has tested everything), he will send it all back to me for final test build and evaluation. After these kits have passed the test, we will release them for all of you to enjoy.

I will continue to finish this build and continue to post more photos.

Please stay tuned to your local EDD broadcasting channel for further updates as they become available.
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Thank you
  10. Rogerio Silva

I'm not worthy!

Oh, I so do not deserve something so good...sign1
    Just speechless...:-ojawdrop:mrgreen::thumb::thumb::cool:
  11. ShadowHawk141

ShadowHawk141 Member

These are exactly the things on this forum that drive me nuts.
    The models you guys make are so incredibly awesome that I want to build them all at once.

I made a prommise to myself to build the ISD-II by Milleniumfalshood (another fantastic model !!) first and see from there on which one to build then.
    But if you guys keep going on like that then making a choise will keep me awake at night :eek:

Viper, Thunderfighter, Nebulon-B and what else is going to come to make my life misserable.....

Just kidding of corse (no I'm not!!:p) it's just plain awesome what you guys do, deepest respect !!

12. Rogerio Silva

Hmmmm... and YEAH!

Miserable, you say? I can only agree if you mean that we haven't got our little greedy claws on them yet!sign1sign1:mrgreen::mrgreen:

SECOND THAT!:thumb::thumb::cool::cool:
  13. Rhaven Blaack

As promised, I have finished this build. I am sorry for not detailing this plane (like I have with most of my others), but this is ONLY for testing the QUAD cockpit interior and making certain that everything fits properly. Once the kit is completely finished (and ready for release), I will make a QUAD fighter with ALL OF THE DETAIL that I can put into it.

14. Rhaven Blaack

Here are the last of the photos.
    Like I said before, I have sent everything to Revell-Fan for clean-up and revision. Once he has finished all of that, I will do another test build and then send everything back to him for final review and release.

15. Kjev

Kjev Member

Looks great!
  16. Rogerio Silva

Oh, man, it's hard to believe it's made of paper! That's an inspiration for us. Great job, Mentor, and after Revell-Fan's work on it, it'll just get greater!
  17. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

A thing of beauty! I'm kinda on a B5 bender lately but I watched Buck Rogers season 1 and the first two episodes of S2 a few weeks ago, seeing your progress I'm really getting into the mood for some Buck!
  18. Rhaven Blaack

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and support.
    Even though, it had a few challenges, it was an enjoyable build.
  19. mcusanelli

mcusanelli Member

This work you are both doing is going to be a landmark, I don't think any subject in sci-fi paper modeling has ever been treated with so much care and dedication. Thanks again for all the hard work!
  20. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Second that!!

Fantastic work as always RB :thumb::thumb: