Buck Rogers Thunderfighter mods

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Thank you all very, very much. We simply love the show and want to provide the best and most accurate add-on sets available. It's really a treat to know that so many people are happy about the results. Have fun and enjoy! :wave:
  2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I was always brought up with the ideology of "If you are going to do something, then make sure you go all the way with it and do the very best that you can". I have taken this and applied to everything that I do. Like Revell-Fan said, we like the show and we want to provide the best and most accurate model possible. If that means that we redesign something a couple different times before we get it right, then so be it. I know that I want a model like this, and all of you have shown that you want the same. So this is what we need to do.

Once again, thank you all for the encouragement and support that you have given us. It is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
    I am REALLY looking forward to seeing ALL OF YOU making your own Thunder Fighter.
  3. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

What's else to say?

After these two messages, all I can say is:

:inw: :inw: :inw: THANK YOU!!!
  4. ShadowHawk141

ShadowHawk141 Member

Man you guys just don't know when to stop do you ?

This is extrememly awesome, when my crafting skills are up to par I will definatly build the fourseater !!!! :thumb:

Wow, just wow !!

5. Rhaven Blaack

To get yourself familiar with the model, why not practice with what is already available. That way you will have any idea of how the base model works and when the new cockpit interiors come out, then you can build your final version the way that you like and then give the first model to your kid or your friends kids to play with. (Just an idea. :idea:)
  6. moradin

moradin New Member

I went through this posting and it is quite awesome to see how a model gets to life. Good work! :thumb: (I also found the website link for this model) Thanks for the sharing!
  7. Rhaven Blaack

Thank you for the compliment. I am looking forward to seeing your build of the Thunder Fighter.
  8. mcusanelli

mcusanelli Member

I've said this before, if you want to do this model for the first time, don't be intimidated! Print it out on 110 cardstock,( I reccomend 110 because it doesn't crinkle as easy as say 67 lb. stock.) and while you're at it, print a second set of engine and nose cones - those parts are chalenging, I won't say hard, just a lot of pieces. You can make your life easier by using cut down tooth pics painted black for the laser cannons: I can't do the tiny ones in the kit to save my life. Build the basic, or 'David Jones' version to start, and don't worry about how it comes out, just familiarize yourself with the assembly for this one. I guarantee you that you'll get as hooked as the rest of us and build a whole fleet! Just have some fun with it, and don't worry about your 'skill level'.
  9. Rhaven Blaack

I could not have said it any better. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Although, for those of you who are in Europe or Asia, 160gsm or stronger (up to 200 gsm) paper is perfect to use for this project.

As Mike said, HAVE FUN with this project!!!
  10. Rogerio Silva

Don't forget...

Hey, Mentor, please include us Brazilians in that list, 'cos we also use the gsm system!:mrgreen::mrgreen::cool:
  11. Rhaven Blaack

Thank you for stating such. That is good to know. :thumb:
  12. Selezen

Selezen Member

Absolutely gorgeous modelling, RB. Well done. :)
  13. Rhaven Blaack

Thunder Fighter Cockpit Interiors 2.0 UPDATE!

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I know that it has been a very long time since I have posted anything in this thread. However that does not mean that this project is far from dead.
    Revell-Fan was able to finish the revision and clean-up of the cockpit interiors 2.0 kits (for both the two seat and QUAD versions).
    I have started with the final test build of the Two seat version.
    Here are the photos of the test build.

The tub was lengthened by 5mm.

Here are the parts for the new seats.

New Seats are assembled.

New seat in the tub.

Joystick control console.

Joystick control console in the tub.

14. Rhaven Blaack

The joystick is in place.

Back seat bulkhead is in place.

Internal forms for additional support.

Rear consoles in place.

15. Rhaven Blaack

Cockpit interior attached to the top skin.

Side consoles are attached.

Main front console is attached.

Top skin (with the CI) is attached to the rest of the body.

This will be it for this build for now. I will finish this one after I finish the QUAD test build (which will post photos with my next post update).
  16. Revell-Fan

GREAT work, pal! Keep it up!
  17. Rogerio Silva

Absolutely fabulous! Wanna see more, as usual...
  18. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

That looks great RB!
  19. micahrogers

micahrogers Active Member

I truly LOVE these Thunderfighters, R-F's designs and your builds are top notch.
  20. Revell-Fan

Thank you, micah! However, RB designed the new CI, I only cleaned the parts up. Let's say, it is a fruitful collaboration! :thumb: