Buck Rogers Thunderfighter mods

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

re are two more photos of the two seater with a pilot in the front seat and one in the back.

I decided to add a four point harness to the seats. (these will also be added to the QUAD TF as well.)

I will start posting the photos of the QUAD soon.

2. Rhaven Blaack

QUAD Cockpit Interior 2.0

Well ladies and gentlemen, as promised, here is the QUAD cockpit interior 2.0.
    Like with the two seat version, I am only focusing on the changes and the parts that I am making.

This time, I started with the seats.

I lengthened the tub by 5 mm.

I added spacers for the component to attach to.

Side console plate added.

I cut off 22 mm off the front end.

Rear seats are added.
  3. Rhaven Blaack

Here are the extra components for the rear console.

Rear consoles in place.

Vertical console that goes around the tub.

Back seat back rest bulkhead.

Back rest and vertical console attached

4. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Anyone who sits in these seats would never want to get up again! Great work, RB!
  5. Rhaven Blaack

I want the pilots to be comfortable (especially if they have to spend several hours in the cockpit).
  6. Revell-Fan

Yep, but not too comfortable. Just imagine the EDD's new marketing strategy:

The new Quad Starfighter - now featuring a leather couch, mini bar and cup holders.

7. Rhaven Blaack

You want me to put all of that into this?sign1
    Now you tell me.wall1wall1wall1
  8. Revell-Fan

Well... (thinking...) Buck and Marla on a cruise in that new Starfighter... Romantic music in the background... Buck hands her a glass of wine from the mini bar, both are getting closer... And then, all of a sudden, a pirate fighter appears and opens fire. Buck evades but the drink is poured on the couch and the trousers. Bad day. The Starfighter is pretty much shaken up by explosions which causes the bar to open. The bottles break and the liquids cause a short circuit which renders the ship impotent. Really bad day...

Well, no. Don't put all of that into this.

9. Rhaven Blaack

I glad that I do not have to do all of that work now. :p
    Otherwise, it would have set me back, and made the project take even longer to complete.:p
  10. Rhaven Blaack

Four Point Harness

I decided to add four point harnesses to the seats (to add a little more "REALISM".)
    You can see that I also added the same harnesses to the two seat version as well. (Please see the last four photos of the two seat version.)

Here are the harness straps (laminated strips of card).

Harness straps attached.

More photos to come.
  11. Revell-Fan

RB, with this new detail you outdid yourself. It is a most excellent revision and vastly improves the over-all look of the TF. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  12. Rhaven Blaack

Improving the over-all look of the TF is the purpose of this thread as a whole.
    The Thunder Fighter is one of my (more) favorite sci-fi planes.
    Martin Sanger did a GREAT JOB in designing the initial kit (THANK YOU Martin!!!).
    I just want to take this piece of my childhood to a level that has never been (and more then likely will never be) taken before (even in plastic or resin).
  13. Revell-Fan

I couldn't have expressed it better.
  14. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Paper beats plastic. Anytime!

Game over ..... :mrgreen:
  15. Revell-Fan

16. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

17. ShadowHawk141

ShadowHawk141 Member

You know, the Thunderfighter becomes more and more tempting to build.
    I never was so much into Buck Rogers, maybe because I never saw much of it on tv here.
    But this model is so awesome :eek:

So many models I wanna build and all are fantastic....ugh!

After the Wanderer I'm gonna start the ISD-II by Milleniumfalshood since the ISD has always been my all time favourite and loosing my plastic model over time still hurts a bit.

Then there is the Enterprise-B......but now there is a new BSG Viper in the make and this Thunderfighter is working it's way into my mind...aargh...must resist....must not loose contro....:razz:

You guys sure know how to make someone's live dificult :)

Ain't that the truth :thumb:

Hey Rogerio when can we expect your next build ? :)
  18. Maverick65

Maverick65 Member

Hey Guys, :wave:
    These just keep getting better and better with every new design/build but where is the Hatchet fighter? Buck's gotta be in a dog fight with someone...:mrgreen:

Keep up the great work & thanks,
  19. micahrogers

micahrogers Active Member

Insert music from "Twilight Zone"

"we control the vertical, we control the horizontal..."
    We must give ourselves wholly to the Paper Gods... we mujst do whatever they demand"

20. mcusanelli

mcusanelli Member

Once you build one, you're gonna want to build a whole bunch of them! Especially the Quad .....Just go for it!