VF-1 Valkyrie

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by Getter1, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

All in 65lbs. stock here to.

Start rolling your tube parts over a dowel larger than tyhe diameter of the tube. Re-roll on a smaller tube and progress down to smaller than the part diameter. Apply glue to the tab and lighty set it. when it begins to grab and is alligned properly press lighty tight with needle nose pliers. For tubes too small for that have your final tube inside and press on the dowel to firm up the seam.

Oh do you have details on weapon mounts in that book of yours ;) I need what I can get on the wing mounted weapons hardpoints if you got em.

2. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Well looks like a trip to the hobby shop is in oreder for those dowels. I had a couple of different diameters, but with the teenagers around, they seem to have mysteriously disappeared.

Let me look at the pics in my book and see what I can find for reference for those weapons mounts.
  3. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

2 different sets on their way to ya!
  4. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Got the refs ;) thanks.

5. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Sorry guys, been a little busy at work and home lately. Once I find the book I will see about those scans. :oops:

6. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Don't get doweling at a hobby shop unless you can't get them elsewhere. All wood products are usually at a premium price. Best to get doweling at a wood craft store, Lumber Yard, Even some large hardware stores (Lowes, Home Depot).

The volume that these stores buy wood at reduces the cost. Hobby Stores only buy a little at a time pushing there costs up. It is true that the really small dimension wood can only be found at hobby stores though.
  7. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

You are 100% correct on that Ronson. But when it comes to my hobbies, ring-maille, paper models, paintball etc etc, I usually don't have a problem spending money at the place where I know I can get exactly what I need. Even if I don't have the money!:curse: It has been one of my downfalls actually.:oops:
  8. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Packin Nukes :p

Finally got the wing weps I have to date built :p

Janx whipped these up a while back but I never got round to building them. They built up nice and mounted better than I hoped for :D :D :D

This took me most all day since I'm doing streching on my fingers throughout the whole day, as well as chores, and this, and that :p

I still need to make another Fighter mode GU-11 to finish this baby out but I'm afraid I'm out of time for today.

I used toothpick tips down through the pylons and out the top.

I then drilled holes in the selected wing mount points and simply pop in the weapons :D The toothpick attachment also allows the weps rotate when the wings swing.

Attached Files:

9. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Here we are armed to the teeth :D Still needs a Gunpod but that'll come later :D

Are we getting closer to what you were asking for a bit ago in that other thread? :D ?

Now everyone Thank Mr. Janx for the Super paks and weapons :D I couldn't have done it without his help so I'll be the first to say thanks Mr. Janx ;)

That's it for today folks.

Attached Files:

10. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Stop, you're killing me, you really are killing me. :D

Great job, if you haven't noticed, I'm running out of compliments :p
  11. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Yes, Thank You Janx! Your work is superb!:thumb:

Getter, not quite yet, I'll email you about that.
  12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Wow ... damn clean build!
  13. RMCH

RMCH Member

Great design work Janx, and great build up Getter1. A complete kit, Yeah!thats just what we needed.:thumb:
  14. RMCH

RMCH Member

Great design work Janx, and great build up Getter1. A complete kit, Yeah!thats just what we needed.:thumb:
  15. RMCH

RMCH Member

Great design work Janx, and great build up Getter1. A complete kit, Yeah! thats just what we needed.:thumb:
  16. Janx

Janx Member

Many thanks Guys but most of the work is down to Getter1 (gammy hand an all), this is his baby :) I just chipped in on the extra parts.

Thanks for the images ltla9000311 I'll have a go this week see what I can stir up.
  17. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Man that sure is purrrty.. Great work. :thumb:
  18. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Janx you are welcome!:thumb: We all await patiently for your works!
  19. Janx

Janx Member

Lol funnily enough so do I, never seem to get much done lately.
  20. Robotech

Awesome work guys:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:, five star all the way. Have you considered a cockpit for the val?