USS Sulaco / Aliens

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Alien99, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Kjev

Kjev Member

I am doing a similar thing with a Battlemech I'm "biggifiying" for my son. Going from 28mm to somewhere around 1/6 so he can use it with his Star Wars action figures. Although I went to Kinko's and had it printed in black and white on regular paper since I'm going to add greeblies and repaint it anyway.

I've actually become a fan of taking a model to a print shop. If you buy your own cardstock, the cost of getting one printed, even in color, is still around 50 cents a page. And it's better quality than I can get off my printer at home.
  2. propologist

propologist New Member

yes great idea. I never understand people using their printers. You can get great laser copies for cheap at good places .
  3. gremlin19573

gremlin19573 Member

WOW i desided to check early (not friday after work like i do) and the next section is already there... section 1 :thumb:
  4. What?!? Really? Wow, I will immidiatelly go to the Sulaco site to download it!!

I was prepared to wait until 3 o'clock PM again - thanks for posting!
  5. gremlin19573

gremlin19573 Member

hay no problem, i was shocked myself :mrgreen:
  6. Alien99

Alien99 Papercraft Member

Little progress on my version of U.s.s. Sulaco .....the hangar walls :mrgreen:

and with hangar part together :cool:

7. F131

F131 Member

Eye poping incredible! I don't think I would have space for this beast.
  8. Then build it smaller, just scale the prints down.
  9. Raven101

Raven101 New Member

i have to say the sheer size of this model and the detail and quality is amazing i will most ceartinley have to clear shelf space :)
  10. gremlin19573

gremlin19573 Member

WOOT section 8 is there ready for download :thumb:
  11. marciu11

marciu11 Member

Jupi! nr 8 is downloaded :)
    Tanks :)
  12. mick67

mick67 New Member

Hello everyone. here is my current work

Attached Files:

13. Bigtiime

Bigtiime Member

Looks great! :thumb:
  14. MTK

MTK Active Member

This thread has really turned into a gorup build.:mrgreen:
  15. marciu11

marciu11 Member

mick67 Looks great I Wait... :)
  16. I`m not that fast, at the moment I'm working on the upper bow "modules". I'm implementing inner frames to add strength to the construction, that needs some extra time.

But I'm really enyoing the build!!
  17. skoda

skoda Genius Designer Master Builder

USS SULACO by SKODA/ Jan Rükr / 1:320

18. kingofprd

kingofprd Member

SKODA - Vím že se rád předvádíš, kde to jde, ale tohle je vlákno Honzy. Tak se cpi jinam :curse::curse::curse:
    I know your point the model wherever possible, but this thread is Honza. Create your your thread.:curse::curse::curse:
  19. psonline

psonline New Member

I don´t think it´s bad to post own building progress pics, especially when other users also put them in. a little international appreciation can be very motivational i think ;) posting in multiple forums is a common thing to do...
  20. Alien99

Alien99 Papercraft Member

Kingofprd created an unusefull has something to do with czech forum and little conflict between Skoda and Kingofprd in Skoda´s Sulaco thread.:cry:

BTW Skoda´s Sulaco has really nice panel tunning.:thumb:

..anyway..thanks for the 10.000 visitors:thumb: