USS Sulaco / Aliens

Marco Scheloske

Yesterday evening group 5 was finished and group 2 added to it - just in time! I hope to be able to keep that pace...

I`m looking forward to the next update with new parts. :cool:

Marco Scheloske

Friday, January 21st, 3 o'clock PM... the upload-countdown just reached "0", but no new group is available :eek:

Hope it`ll be up soon. I need my fix... :cool:

Noddy4000

Unfortunately I'm only saving the files at the moment as I have too much on the work table already. But this is an amazing project and I can't wait to be able to have a go at it myself.

Got some card on order to make Jan's APC model - and the Pulse rifle too if I can.

mick67

uss sulaco

hello evry body's
I just finished the group 02. and 05. and I turn the meter a group 04. I just downloaded, here are some photo 02.05.

Attachments

• POTO0018.jpg
    POTO0018.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 43
  • POTO0021.jpg
    POTO0021.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 28
  • POTO0024.jpg
    POTO0024.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 27
  • POTO0028.jpg
    POTO0028.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 29

aaronlam

Hi everyone, I am planning to start the build of SULACO... but the original size is too big and my family member will not allow me to put it inside my home.... so i want to ask: does anyone intend to build it 75% less (ie 1A4 page print 2 pages)?? Do you think there has many tiny parts afterward? Coz I afraid 75% less will face large difficulties to any tiny parts afterwards.... any comments?

Wish you all have a happy and fruitful Chinese New Year... yes... tmr is 1st day of new Chinese year here
:D

Bigtiime

Hi everyone, I am planning to start the build of SULACO... but the original size is too big and my family member will not allow me to put it inside my home.... so i want to ask: does anyone intend to build it 75% less (ie 1A4 page print 2 pages)?? Do you think there has many tiny parts afterward? Coz I afraid 75% less will face large difficulties to any tiny parts afterwards.... any comments?

Wish you all have a happy and fruitful Chinese New Year... yes... tmr is 1st day of new Chinese year here

I'm building it at 88% (letter size paper) and so far have had no problems at all.

matineematt7

It's Group 6! The underbelly section!

My goodness!! Every two weeks is just too nail-bitingly long to wait in my opinion, but even I understand that quality takes time.

Keep up the good work, Jan, and many thanks!

propologist

You can also do it bigger if you open it in Illustrator or similar program , scale it onto a 11x17" paper and print it that way. Putting them on a jump drive and taking them to a place like office depot, they can print larger sizes so you don't waste your ink.
I'm looking at printing it on thin styrene so it lasts longer than normal paper would . If i can print it in styrene I would like to add a few raised panels and weather it more ;)

Kjev

I am doing a similar thing with a Battlemech I'm "biggifiying" for my son. Going from 28mm to somewhere around 1/6 so he can use it with his Star Wars action figures. Although I went to Kinko's and had it printed in black and white on regular paper since I'm going to add greeblies and repaint it anyway.

I've actually become a fan of taking a model to a print shop. If you buy your own cardstock, the cost of getting one printed, even in color, is still around 50 cents a page. And it's better quality than I can get off my printer at home.

propologist

I am doing a similar thing with a Battlemech I'm "biggifiying" for my son. Going from 28mm to somewhere around 1/6 so he can use it with his Star Wars action figures. Although I went to Kinko's and had it printed in black and white on regular paper since I'm going to add greeblies and repaint it anyway.

I've actually become a fan of taking a model to a print shop. If you buy your own cardstock, the cost of getting one printed, even in color, is still around 50 cents a page. And it's better quality than I can get off my printer at home.

yes great idea. I never understand people using their printers. You can get great laser copies for cheap at good places .