USS Sulaco / Aliens

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Alien99, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Bigtiime

Bigtiime Member

I'm with ya K'Jev!
  2. luciencarroll

luciencarroll Grand Poobah

oh yea that's what im talking about
  3. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

it is still hard for me to comprehend how large this model will become...

im thinking it would look really neat tricked out with some fiber optic lighting...

come on some one...
  4. BradAmeerBeg

BradAmeerBeg Member

That should be quite easy, the model should finish 1.7 metres long, or something?:eek:
  5. Bigtiime

Bigtiime Member

over 5 feet! wow!
  6. Just_because

Just_because Member

I've already bought 100 ink cartridges; 50 black ink and 50 color ink!!!!! sign1
  7. There were no lights on the Sulaco in the movie...
  8. Bigtiime

Bigtiime Member

I'm thinking that a model of this caliber might be better printed by professionals in my case. Kinko's FTW!
  9. :mrgreen: Well, in my case I can say it is helpful that I`m the site manager of a small offset and digital offset printing company... :mrgreen:
  10. luciencarroll

luciencarroll Grand Poobah

well, i my case im going to ask marco to hook a brother up... or just go to staples. oh the glory of this printed out on on a machine way better than whats in my office.
  11. Bigtiime

Bigtiime Member

Hook us ALL up Marco! "plz o plz o plz" . . . < grovel grovel > :rolleyes:
  12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

It's gonna cost me $170 to have this printed at Staples.

13. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Lol, that's a lot cheaper than the equivalent resin kit. Styrene I'm not sure about (at this scale it's up for debate), but I know a hunk of resin that size would probably run about 500 smackers.
  14. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

And they say papermodelling is a cheap hobby. LOL!
  15. I have to pay for the to be used material and machine time, too, but I guess it will be in the 65,- US-$ range.
  16. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

perhaps... but there is the engines and the drop bay that could be lit, and i could have thought all military vessels have running lights but maybe some tech head could answer that question...

17. Bigtiime

Bigtiime Member

It's been my experience over the years that any activity associated with kids, fun or hobbies has some type of monetary expenditure attached to it. :mrgreen:
  18. samhain

samhain New Member

Most naval vessels include port and starboard red/green running lights as well as a white "taillight". Most Star Trek federation vessels have the same thing.

In space, there may be no need as running lights would be difficult to see more than a few miles away from the ship.
  19. davitch

davitch Member

Whether it is lit or not, it would be cool to have some fiber running through. just adds a bit more detail that the next guy goes "OOOOHHH, I wanna do that!"

Great Work do I want to build this beast!
  20. Bigtiime

Bigtiime Member

I agree. I think it's called "artistic license". At any rate, it'd look good with some subdued blue or violet lighting here and there IMO.