Some layout accomplishments

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Lots of neat stuff Fred! I really like that bridge scene with the wet looking water! As for the signals, I coincidentally just bought two of those already assembled from my LHS's second hand backroom shelf for $2 a piece. Would you mind posting a quickie tutorial on how you wired yours up for lights?
Ralph

F

Fred_M

Ralph said:
Lots of neat stuff Fred! I really like that bridge scene with the wet looking water! As for the signals, I coincidentally just bought two of those already assembled from my LHS's second hand backroom shelf for $2 a piece. Would you mind posting a quickie tutorial on how you wired yours up for lights?
Ralph
I'll do it for you as soon as I can bud. The water is envirotex with big ballast in it and the whitewater is painted on with acrylic white. FRED

F

Fred_M

Did some landscaping, my favorite part of modeling. :) :) :) :) FRED

Attachments

• scene2.jpg
    scene2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 190
F

Fred_M

Thanks guys. Here's a new pix called speed. FRED

speed.jpg

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Woooweeeeeee FRED, you've been a busy laddie!
I can see you're time hasn't been wasted either, you've got a great empire there fellah.
Hey, it's good to see you have your own stash of gas these days ..... will you have to sweet talk the LPB's into letting you get some of it? LOL

Good work my friend, I noticed one prominent aspect, the downwashed timber against the bridge foundations. It's detail like that which makes all the difference!

Errol

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Fred, if you substitute that freight with a passenger train your "speed" photo would be a great pic for the "Next time take the train " campaign! :)

CN1

May 6, 2003
Wow :eek: cool pics :thumb:

Love that signal bridge :thumb: :thumb:

BTW in the pic with the EMD FT, it looks like the loco front truck is derailed :confused: What happen :confused: :wave: :wave:

F

Fred_M

CN1 said:
Wow :eek: cool pics :thumb:

Love that signal bridge :thumb: :thumb:

BTW in the pic with the EMD FT, it looks like the loco front truck is derailed :confused: What happen :confused: :wave: :wave:
Athearn's plastic truck sides keeps working loose. I'm afraid to glue them and the LHS says they are on order for the last 6 month. Sometimes it fall out and I have to search the ditches for it. FRED

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
dash10 said:
Sometimes it fall out and I have to search the ditches for it. FRED

Picture going thru my head...Fred, in HO scale, walking thru his ditches with a 3 cell Mag-lite, lookin' for said sideframes. I can just see them little LPB bloodhounds bayin' at the moon... :D

F

Fred_M

Squish

Never ever work under a car without jackstands. This LPB found that out the hard way. Don't let this happen to you. Fred

oops.jpg

F

Fred_M

belg said:
Fred the two man saw in the background was it bought or made? How and where please? Pat

Hi Pat, Made by me from the the backing on the connector of the 80 conductor IDE cable the shed was made from. Handles made from split toothpicks glued on. It really cuts and was sawed into the twig, er log. :wave: Fred

F

Fred_M

"Ya need a new water pump Orey, Eight ninty nine plus 5 bucks fer labor." "Five bucks" says Orey, "what the 'ell ya thinkin I'm made of Jim, money?"

busygarage.jpg

F

Fred_M

Playing with my lights and camera. Room totally dark. Trucker arrives home late at night. Fred

Attachments

• afterdark.jpg
    afterdark.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 163