Some layout accomplishments

F

Fred_M

Here's some pics of things I have accomplished since signing on with the gauge. I have really enjoyed the help of everyone who has posted. I shot these pictures with my new homemade universal power supply... no more bunny dependency! It is powered from a NICAD pack, car lighter, or 12 volt wall pack. It can power my MP3 player, digicam, camcorder, or cell phone.

Attachments

• power.jpg
    power.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,120
F

Fred_M

Using dollar store trailers I finally got enough to fill my two five packs, my trailer flats, and have some for yards and factory drops. I also used an idea from the gauge to build some cardstock cargo containers like the Dolly Madison one in the picture.

Attachments

• trailertrain.jpg
    trailertrain.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,115
F

Fred_M

This module was built from the ground up and feature LED lights, led signals, and a tin shed made from computer ribbon cable. Only thing left to do is orange area in back. Some more of the intermodal and dollar store (and model) trailers.

Attachments

• trailertrain2.jpg
    trailertrain2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,095
F

Fred_M

This is a farther back shot of the corner module.

Attachments

• module done.jpg
    module done.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,080
F

Fred_M

And here's a couple cars I weathered. Do they look alright? You can also see one of Arl's pepsi machines up on the roof. LOL. I didn't see it there when I took the picture. Another granddaughter tricks on me. FRED

Attachments

• weathering.jpg
    weathering.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,065

Will_annand

Looking good, Fred. I just can't believe you took dollar store trailers and made them into models. Excellent modelling my friend.

I hope mine will look so good, once I get started.

F

Fred_M

Thx Will, and now I wave you all goodnite. It's the weekend, and I'm going railfanning this weekend with my new powerpack. I'll save almost enough on batteries to pay for gas:D , yeah, right! FRED

Attachments

• water co.jpg
    water co.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,041

George D

Fred, good pictures. Nice detail. :thumb: I didn't realize they were modules till read your text. Are they part of your home layout?
George

F

Fred_M

Hi George, it's my personal layout and it's in the back room at my store. It's module so i can show it and so if I loose my lease or go broke it can be moved. FRED

George D

Fred,
Now that raises the question, what kind of store? :confused:
(My wife and I owned some athletic shoe and apparel stores for 15 years.)
George

F

Fred_M

In the voice of hank hill, "I sell computers and computer accessories". I'm mostly a windows cleaner though:D . 8 out of 10 units brought in for service have windows problems. I work on trains while windows is compiling. FRED

F

Fred_M

Latest picture. Feedback please. FRED

Attachments

• wired.jpg
    wired.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 919
F

Fred_M

Don't tell Viacom on me. That's one of my favorite shows, still watch it on TV Land. Thought it would be fitting to honor the show. FRED

jetrock

Okay, here's my question...what's with the guy standing on top of the building next to Sanford Arms? Not a suicide--at that height he'd just break an ankle. Judging from the pose, maybe he's surveying his mighty domain...

Not a criticism...just interesting to note what seems to be some odd business in the shot!