Some layout accomplishments

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Fred_M, Feb 27, 2004.

1. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Dash 10, that is too funy!
  2. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I got this from the Landsat today, a satellite mosaic of the entire ZMT Rail Line. Fred

3. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

It's cold, it's dark, and nuthins going right today.

Attached Files:

4. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

You got too much time on yer hands, Fred, might I suggest a hobby? :rolleyes: Takes me back to the old daze when I would see if I could line up the picture with the track plan in MR magazine in the daze before the little arrows. Still tryin' to figure out where your new coaling tower is... :thumb: :thumb:
  5. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looks Good Fred
  6. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

New picture. How many buildings are 3D? Fred

7. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

One and a half? Front right counts as one, back center looks like a flat with a piece added on so I'm counting it as 1/2 :D .
  8. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Sorry. Incorrect. :D
  9. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

10. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I'm bettin' there's only one...just right of front and center.
  11. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Right, The mill is the only real building in the scene. The rest are images from the net printed on cardstock and glued to the backboard. If you look closely you can see a straight line in the sand/gravel which is the corner where the backboard and the base meet. Did that a long time ago and it only looks right veiwed from a certain angle. Fred
  12. CharlesH.

CharlesH. Member

Great layout! I especially liked the river module and the night shot.
  13. rcline

rcline Member

Fred, you answered to soon. I was going to only one because of the line as you pointed out. Brenda said that was two and I said NO WAY !
  14. rcline

rcline Member

OH 1 great job, AGAIN !!!!
  15. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

That was fun, LOL
    Here's a picture of the old city which was my first 4 by 8 and the first expansion module. Everything in this picture is real plastic kit. Fred

16. KCS

KCS Member

very nice. lots of detail and thats what cathe's peoples eyes and kids nose prints on the glass. lmao! in the 4th picture down from the top (the black truck) is that a Kenworth T-600 with the rasied sleeper and air dam on top? if so where did you find it? i've been looking for better more modern type trucks.
  17. wpmegee

wpmegee New Member

I love the river scene Fred. Nice job on your switch too. Could you please post or pm me more pictures of your original 4x8 and the plan? I'm doing a 4x8 soon myself, my first layout in at least 5 years.