Railroad Line Refugees Say Hello

NYCentral

Aug 29, 2002
Albany, NY
Visit site
Originally posted by shamus
Welcome to the gauge I will ask the powers that be about a logging forum for all you sawdust heads.:D

Shamus
AND YOU ARE NOT ONE? :D

Welcome to The Gauge Tom, I have been here for a while, very nice and quiet place! you will enjoy it. The people here are great!!:cool:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Phil and Shamus(or Paul T you guys are confusing me:D ) nice to hear from you.

Tom my problem is that I tend to become a forum potato. Maybe this is the "secret forum".;) Don't feel bad I just hit 400 posts on RR-LIne.

It maybe a different place but it does feel the same. Although I do miss Nelson's Brake Room post. It was a good way to start the day.

NYCentral

Aug 29, 2002
Albany, NY
Visit site
Nelson is here also, I recieved an e-mail from him last night saying "see you on The Gauge" I've been here for awhile, and really enjoy it here. I also miss Nelson's good morning posts, he is a great person.

Re: Yo! Hello all!

Originally posted by tomfassett
Tom, you and me seem to be the only ones who didn't know this was here! Thanks to all of you for keeping it a secret (why you little... (he, he)...:rolleyes:

Hi, Tom, glad to see you could make it also.

It's a good place to talk about trains and modeling with a lot really nice people. Best of all (in what's left of my mind, anyway :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: ), the photo forum has lots of really great modeling shots in it. Of course, you'll have to dig back through the pages to find them... (hmmmm.... sound familiar? :D :D ). You might even see one or two that you'll recognize. ;)

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Hi Guys, Glad to see all my friends from RR-L coming over here.I been here off and on since last year....This is a good forum. Now that RR-L is gone,I plan to stop by more often.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Welcome aboard!

I haven't read all the posts on this thread (yet), but wanted to welcome everyone. I started coming here when t. gave me a link last spring when I came out of the closet. It's a great forum; the only one I frequent. Just watch out for the crazies :D :D :D

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Hey guys and gals,

I see you stragglers made it here finally. LOL!

I've been here for some time. Mostly hang-out in the Rock Model roster topic area. Us "ROCKIES" have kinda called that our home, when we weren't on RR-Line.

TomPM and TomF, nice to see you guys again! Although, I DID mention this forum to you in email TomF....ya bonehead! :D

Glad to see MikeC, RI Mike, Debbie, David, PaulT, Larry, Phil, Tyson, Bonky....again. Did I leave anyone out? If I did, sorry about that.

I know Nelson is here, what about Don from Orygun (LOL!) City?
And where the heck is Mr. Geiter! I miss those Conrail and NS pics already! :( :( :(

Heck, If I have left anyone out, I am sorry. Hard to remember all the names flying by the screen at RR-Line....besides I have been busy with researching forum software packages, installing them, testing them, etc.

Only downside here is that you cannot post the large files that you could on RR-Line. That makes it hard to post my pics, since some of them are large even when compressed. And, no animated signatures. Plus, I miss my two blue stars. Oh well.

Other than that, I love this place!

Y'all take care, and be seeing ya soon.

Later.

John Sneed

Nov 15, 2001
Columbia, Mo
Visit site
I've been here for a few months and really enjoy the forum. Lots of help,And with Debbie saveing the jug,and Kettleshack's Scotch.and some of the downhome boys white lightening,we are not about to run dry. Thank the god Bacchus,the god of wine and revelry. John

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
OMG!!!

Hey John,

I just realized you are like only 50 miles from me! LOL!

I get up to Columbia every now and then to goto HobbyTown USA. I need to get up there to get the latest Walthers catalog.
I live near California, about 13 miles from Jeff City.

I bet you are closer to me than MikeC/Casey is.

John, when I get this monster built, you are more than welcome to come see it. UNFORTUNATELY I cannot post the darn plan here...the forums won't accept any files of that size. I could email it to you, if you have not already seen it.

So, we are neighbors...at least the closest thing to neighbors that I can get. LOL!

Later.

Cowcatcher

Oct 16, 2002
Near Spokane, WA
Visit site
Whew!!!! Here I am, I am all covered with soot and burns. Must be that black hole that got me here.

Nice to see so many friendly faces.

Need to get used to all this blue!!!!! Reminds me of a bar I used to frequent.

Where are the donuts?

Think I already broke the rules by using an anitmated image but DARN I can't figure if I did and can't figure how to undo it if I did. Please forgive me and show me the light! When I try to get back to my profile I can't make it.

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
WELCOME TOM, and the rest also

I am fairly new here also, but I have found this place is like an old shoe, it just feels good. A great bunch of people and very helpful, (where's that sippin whiskey?) Welcome friend, and thanks to all the rest of my new friends.
Jim

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That's right Tom, Penn Central pride!!! :D Yeah, its ridiculous when some people feel the need to criticize another for their choice of railroad. That's nonsence and I don't have time for people who are intent on ruining my fun. That's why I like it here on The Gauge. We have participants from all kinds of backgrounds and with a variety of interests. All scales are represented as are levels of craftmanship. We have have fine scale modelers and artists as well as people like me who model cement plants out of contact lens solution bottles! I'm learning a lot from other people's posts so my layout will just keep getting better. I know you'll enjoy it here.
Ralph
PS. I've displayed my PC logo since June with nary a negative comment! :)

Attachments

• cement.jpg
    cement.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 82

triman

Jun 19, 2002
Melbourne, Victoria
Visit site
Welcome and logs

From down here in the Antipodes a hearty welcome to the new members and emigrants.
As for logging, it's not my cup of tea, but, Australia had a wealth of narrow gauge logging roads with a variety of motive power, and NG still lives on in our sugar fields of Queensland.
I'll hunt around and provide a few URLs if there's sufficient interest.

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
hey guys and gals,

I just wanted to bring to your attention the post concerning Member's numbers that I posted, and the posts about The Gauge Railway that others have made.

I think it would be neat if we all had our own version of The Gauge Railway rolling stock on our layouts or in our rosters.

My post deals with the Member's ID, and how to find it, for your own car reporting marks.

I am hoping this will take off, and that is why the message is off-topic. But then again, any RR-Line members know that is a problem with me. LOL!

Later.

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
Ralph,
first off, anybody that diss's the Penn will have to contend with both of us(he, he)--My great uncle was a conductor for the Penn and he was the finest man I've ever known. Now, being an Arizona boy, I only preach what I heard, but he had a lot of pride in his railroad...:)
Secondly, I gotta' know how you made those cement silos... I gotta' have 'em! Those are GREAT!

Logging railroads in Australia--you gotta' be kidding...? I would for one, love to see some links and pictures. How come non of my Aussie buddies never mentioned them? Kepping secrets from the bloody Yanks, no doubt...:rolleyes:

And Wolv, number one, I can't believe you would tell all these fine folks such a bold faced lie that you told me about this forum in an email! And then to call me a bonehead! I went through the last dozen posts on RR-Line (in my head) that I could remember, and I swear it was my turn to insult you! You're insultin' out of turn! At least I think I'm right--let's see... You made a crack about how I should say Amen after I posted "sermons," then I threatened to change your logo to disparage the MoPac, then you retaliated, then I retaliated, then you retaliated, then I reta........... Wait a minute, it was your turn... Boy, is my face red--sorry, carry on...:D
(Bonehead, the nerve(he, he)...):D

Tom