Railroad Line Refugees Say Hello

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Well Bonky,

Tomorrow you get to bring them. And don't forget the coffee and tea neither! LOL!

John,

You are referring to the Capital City club in Jeff City. They mainly do module modeling though. Because my layout would contain a massive humpyard, I wanted to see the Sedalia club layout, so I could get an idea of how to design my hump and the track retarders, so that cars would NOT slam into each other in the classification yard.

I came across some pics of the Amherts Railway Society, and how they had their humpyard designed, and decided to follow their example. Since my yard has tracks going underneath or through the hump itself, I needed a viaduct/tunnel. The Amherst Railway Society followed that plan to a T.

Now I just have to come up with height of the hump and the percentage of grade to use.

Later.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
It figures I show up late and all the donuts are gone. Darn work getting in the way of my forum time.

Hey Wolv do you live on diet of caffine and sugar. Every time I log on you are here and bouncing all over the place.

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
TomPM,

I just never sleep, and have access to the net from work. Hehehe.

As for caffeine...yeah! LOTS of it. Haha.

I can't go near the jug. I swore that stuff off when I was in the Army. I went into a bar one night and the stuff got the better of me...I nearly killed a guy from the 82nd for NO REASON. That was when I totally quit cold turkey.

The counselers said it could have had something to do with "Just Cause" though, but that was no excuse. The Army thought so though, because they gave me time off after that. I finally got my head screwed back on after that, and then The Gulf War broke out. I never had to go there though. They had too many of us ADA pounders there already. I just trained the ones going there.

After the war, I did another tour in Central America, and finally had the good sense to quit while I was ahead of the game.

Ehh, so much for my turmoil. To make a long story short, that is why I drink so much caffeine. LOL!

Hey, I seen Nelson posting down in the logging thread of this forum. Wonder how come he hasn't come in to this here thread and said HI yet. Hmmm. Think I'll go ask him after this post.

Would be nice if he would open up the breakroom tomorrow. Have you guys gone to Rush2NY's yahoo group yet?

Trainworm, that is where I would put your posts of pics. That is where I plan to upload mine, since this forum puts a limit on filesize.

Btw, nice to see you again Carl! I still got your pics on the hard drive. I catch myself gazing at your SD60M BN from time to time. LOL! No drooling though. I am well-behaved. Hehehehe!

Can't wait for mine to get here! Come on TRAINWORLD!!! Hurry up! LOL!!!

Later guys.

Shay Driver

Sep 5, 2002
Kyle, Texas
Visit site
Havoc! Here Havoc! Here boy!

Did anybody see a TALL dog go through here? :D :p :eek: :D

Where can I park this here shay? Spent the last two days in the cab, I have. Just a trying to get here. ;) Where is that jug? :cool:

Yep nice digs, just like I remember. Good to see so many familiar faces here and all these friendly new ones, too. Anyone got a non-licked doughnut? :p;)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Hey Nelson great to see you. Here's the jug. Debbie was able to rescue it from the ruins.:D :p

As far as donuts they were gone before I got here. Some one said msh aka bonkyrail had icing on his face and hands earlier today.:D :eek:

Also watch where you step. Cowcatcher lost his cows. Maybe that's what Havoc went after.

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Okay, now this place is lookin' more like home.

Just need Debbie to come in and paint it green. LOL!

Hey Nelson,

Ya gonna have the breakroom open tomorrow?

Been missing my daily ration of donuts and tea. :(

Later.

Hey!!! Can someone get this nose licker off of me! Down! DOWN!

;)

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Welcome or welcome back, what ever the case may be. I'm kinda new here my self, came over from another trains(.com) board and ain't been back since.
Nice bunch of guys....No really ......they are!

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Nelson,

I see no reason why you could not post a topic every morn for breakroom activity.

You would probably have to do it here in the general forum though.

I look forward to one tomorrow. If not, then Saturday at least.

Been working on my ballasting job when I am not working on other things-computer related.

Talk to ya later.

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Hey Russ,

Glad to see you finally made it. Again, thanks for putting up the group for the RR-Line refugees.

I am not sure, there may be some donuts and coffee left in the breakroom. Help yourself.

I will be going to the group a bit later on tonight. It is Friday, and time to go out and eat.

Later.

C

Catt

Hey Russ, now you guys+gal are in with the real good folks.Glad to see you joined "Big Blue" :D :D :D Your gonna love it here.

Tankertoad70

Oct 19, 2002
Oregon City, OR
Visit site
Reckon I'll add my nickels worth also as a refugee from the RR-L. Garsh, lots of familiar folks here and good to see 'em all again.

I'm here 'cause' Nelson told me about the place and asked me to come on over to the breakroom. Looks good and no avacado green, HEHHEH.:D

Anyway, good to be here and see all you'se guys again plus a number of new friends.:)